Anne Bremner/ Martin Rudoy to ask for the case to be re-opened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lauriej

'wild rose country...'
Reaction score
http://www.cbs8.com/story/16096987/zahau-attorneys-set-to-meet-with-sheriff-gore
November 21/2011

Zahau family attorneys set to meet with Sheriff Gore

Attorneys representing the family of Rebecca Zahau will travel to San Diego next week to meet with Sheriff Bill Gore.

The legal team of Anne Bremner and Martin Rudoy plan to discuss what they consider new evidence in Zahau's death at the Spreckels mansion in Coronado. Rudoy said they will ask Sheriff Gore to reopen the case.

Bremner and Sheriff Gore both have appeared on national broadcast media in recent days; Gore to defend his department's ruling that Zahau committed suicide; Bremner to argue that an independent review is warranted.

Attorney Rudoy, of Los Angeles, said the meeting has been in the works for a few days, and that both sides agreed to wait until after the Thanksgiving holiday. Rudoy said Bremner will fly down from Seattle for the meeting but he declined to divulge the exact date.

Maybe at the end of the meeting when Gore still says CASE CLOSED Rudoy can sell Gore some real estate!

..it's my thought that they're having this meeting-----( after all sheriffG could hardly say no ) as a preliminary step.

..they will present their "new evidence" ( he will shoot it down.)

..they can then---move on to the Attorney General, and be able to say in their presentation for an independant investigation, to her----that they have followed protocol, and did in fact request the case be re-opened by the SDSO 1st.

..which is what the desired outcome is anyway.

..mary: "we would prefer the SDSO not touch my sister's case. we have lost trust in them."

Lauriej, thanks so much! Missed our local news today and hadn't heard this. Bet you're right that it's a formality.

Lauriej, thanks so much! Missed our local news today and hadn't heard this. Bet you're right that it's a formality.
I think this is wonderful news! Long overdue, IMO, but I'm hopeful.

I don't know if a meeting will change anything, but it is the right thing for the Sheriff to do.

Oh to be a fly on the wall in that room when that goes down. I can't see Gore being able to be truly neutral and back out of the corner he put himself in. Even if he does can he and that department be trusted?

With AB looking over their shoulders the entire time I guess it could work but she will be exhausted. The trust is long gone in my opinion between these two.

..it's my thought that they're having this meeting-----( after all sheriffG could hardly say no ) as a preliminary step.

..they will present their "new evidence" ( he will shoot it down.)

..they can then---move on to the Attorney General, and be able to say in their presentation for an independant investigation, to her----that they have followed protocol, and did in fact request the case be re-opened by the SDSO 1st.

..which is what the desired outcome is anyway.

..mary: "we would prefer the SDSO not touch my sister's case. we have lost trust in them."
Exactly, sort of like follow the chain of command principle.

AB & MR to BG...... whatever you say.... can and will be used in a civil case against you and your department.

I wonder where AS is? I wonder what JS and his lawyers are thinking. Is it just me or is the PR war for JS not in action. I wonder if that company is still working for him. If I was privy to these details, especially Dr. W's findings... I would have serious reservations about representing this client. I wonder if JS knew about the computer searches? Learning that information I wonder what if any conversations are going on in the Shacknai camp?

There is also one creepy disgustiing detail that niggles me. The underwear in the garbage can in the guest house. Is AS uncle pervy? If we believe the clothing was GS and possibly friends were the underwear hers and why were they disgarded? ewww this case just gets ickier and ickier.

and if "they" can re-open the Natalie Wood case some 30 years later anything is possible and let's hope in this case it does not take "them" 30 years.

MR is a dark horse? I am sure there are plenty of high profile attorney's that would jump on board for free. Why this guy? Maybe he is representing a client who has something NEW to tell BG?

See summaries of case, most you have mentioned. Just for more national/local attention to get case looked at!

Rebecca Zahau Case: New Information for San Diego Police?

Sheriff Gore also released a set of FAQ on their website answering public/medica questions. Not happy with all of his answers.
Here is sheriff site with info:

http://www.sdsheriff.net/coronado/index.html
Thanks, SanDiegoSherlock! Welcome to Websleuths!
142.gif

Thank you, I have enjoyed reading all of the interesting posts. I am very hopeful for the family this week. But Gore has dumbfounded me so many times already, I am preparing for the worst.....: :(

..the original article to this thread has an update.....the date of their meeting with sheriffG to discuss new evidence / ask that the case be re-opened was previously undisclosed.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/16096987/zahau-attorneys-set-to-meet-with-sheriff-gore

Attorney Rudoy, of Los Angeles, said the meeting has been in the works for a few days, and that both sides agreed to wait until after the Thanksgiving holiday. Rudoy said Bremner will fly down from Seattle for the meeting, which is currently set for Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10