Suspect: Roy Alan Stuart

ikoihil

Verified User
Reaction score
Roy Alan Stewart, convicted serial killer spent a lot of time near the Gulf

I did some research about a man named Roy Alan Stewart. During the times he actually wasn't incarcerated, there may be some cases previously unattributed to Stewart with which he could have been involved. The timeline isn't 100% clear (to me), but maybe I've just been reading a ton today. The link to the article is below. I didn't copy the information from the article; these are my words and my summary. Pages 4 & 9

ROY ALAN STEWART

Sexual assault, strangulation and dumping near bodies of water is his MO. If water isn't around, he finds farm areas and leaves them underneath overturned water troughs. He was known to carry his fishing poles, fishing license and toolkit with him, as an aid to provide alibi.

He had 9 arrests for sexual assault and intended sexual assault (as of the late 1970's); he killed two women in 1971, and another one in 1974 (all in Amarillo); He got out of his 99 year sentence by pleading guilty in exchange for 15 years + 1 day, and was in prison from 05/17/1975 to 09/08/1982. Shortly after his release, they began finding bodies again.

In 1988, a black woman's body was found on the border of Brazoria county near Highway 288 (which crosses I-45); due to the condition of her body, it was assumed there was a big fight/struggle prior to her death. Shortly thereafter, while under surveillance, he was pulled over in Houston while trolling an area frequented by 'ladies of the night' and his car was searched. HPD found that his windshield was broken, the dead woman's fingerprints were inside the car, and hair matching the victim's was present. Because of the search without a warrant, none of this evidence could be used.

In 1989, he was arrested for delivery of a controlled substance with a prostitute in Freeport, and was sentenced to 11 years and 5 days. He was back out of jail rather quickly though.

He was arrested again on 06/06/94 for aggravated kidnapping of a young prostitute he picked up in Bay City. He took her to his home in Brazosport, assaulted her, and tied her up but she escaped. He is eligible for parole in 2024.

http://thepolicenews.net/html/TPNMar11.pdf

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7273558&postcount=153"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - "Killing Field" in League City, Texas- Calder Rd Cold Cases[/ame]

picture.php

http://thepolicenews.net/html/TPNOct2011.pdf

Stuart lived in:
San Angelo 2/1967,

Canyon, Texas, 2/1969,

1970-1971 Tucson, AZ

1972 Amarillo, TX

2/1974 Amarillo, TX

summer 1974 State of Missouri,

and again in Amarillo in 1974.

May 17, 1975 - September 8, 1982 -- In prison (Brazoria County)

September 1982 -- moved to Brazoria upon his release from prison.

August 1, 1989 - arrested in Freeport, TX... did a portion of his time, was released and returned home to Brazoria. ((Not sure of release date))

June 6, 1994 -- arrested for aggravated kidnapping of a prostitute he'd assaulted and tied up in his home, but she escaped. Received a life sentence.

Today Stuart resides in the McConnell Unit of TDC in Beeville, Texas. He has TDC # 00723681 and is eligible for parole on May 17, 2024. He will be 76 years old.

Stuart had family in Houston, Texas and Belton, Missouri.

His date of birth is March 3, 1948.

Although it states that Roy Alan Stewart lived in Tucson during 1971, he was active in Amarillo that year, and was arrested for two murders in Amarillo, TX that year alone (of Linda Kay Simmons and Kay Sands).​

Here's an article I came across awhile back about Stuart being questioned as a suspect in the death of Princess Blue.

(I'm finding his name spelled "Stuart" and "Stewart")

"I am going to tell you the same thing I told them," Stuart wrote to ["online sleuth"] Goddard in early August. "I do not know who the person or persons are in the pictures. I have no idea why my name is brought up when something like this happens...The officers asked me where I was in 1990. I guess this is when this person was supposed to have been killed. I explained to them that I was in prison at the Ellis Unit in Huntsville in 1989 and 1990. I then asked them why they always come to me. They explained that it was because of my past troubles with the law. And they said that where [there] is so much smoke, there had to be some fire. I tried to explain to them that the only fire is the one started by them and other law enforcement agencies in Texas."

More about Stuart/Stewart at the link.
http://www.houstonpress.com/2007-09-13/news/cold-case/4/

Here's an article I came across awhile back about Stuart being questioned as a suspect in the death of Princess Blue.

"I am going to tell you the same thing I told them," Stuart wrote to ["online sleuth"] Goddard in early August. "I do not know who the person or persons are in the pictures. I have no idea why my name is brought up when something like this happens...The officers asked me where I was in 1990. I guess this is when this person was supposed to have been killed. I explained to them that I was in prison at the Ellis Unit in Huntsville in 1989 and 1990. I then asked them why they always come to me. They explained that it was because of my past troubles with the law. And they said that where [there] is so much smoke, there had to be some fire. I tried to explain to them that the only fire is the one started by them and other law enforcement agencies in Texas."

Well, that's interesting, since he wasn't in jail until August 1989... And I guess he isn't going to account for the other 3/4 of the year...

2 Additional victims are as follows:
Carolyn Sosa Rivera, 33 (Houston)
Terri Denise McDaniels, 26 (Houston)

Partial account of activities:
6-28-62 Amarillo Burglary
11/62 received probation for 2 counts of above
10-13-62 Theft Amarillo x 3 counts
Placed on official probation for all above
4-5-64 Amarillo Assault with Intent to Rape-psychiatric commitment
7-20-65 Amarillo Sex / Indecent Liberties (antiquated law)
11-3-65 Amarillo Attempted Rape
12-8-65 Flagstaff Arizona Runaway
5-15-66 Amarillo traffic offenses paid fines
8-11-66 Amarillo Statutory Rape, married victim Glenda Welch-she and
son died in automobile accident
1-17-67 Amarillo Traffic paid fine
2-7-67 Amarillo traffic paid fine
2-18-67 San Angelo, Tx Forgery by Passing-released to Amarillo
2-21-67 San Angelo, Tx Passing worthless checks
2-23-69 Canyon Tx Sheriffs Office Theft by False Pretext
5/70 Remarried Turnell Day Stuart
7-13-71 Amarillo Murder of Linda Kay Simmons, dismissed/evidence
8-6-71 Amarillo Murder of kay Sands found not guilty
8-25-71 Amarillo Attempted Rape
8-26-71 Amarillo Assault with Intent to Rape
12-23-71 Tuscon Az Traffic paid fine
12-24-71 Tucson Az Traffic Paid fine
6-24-72 Amarillo Traffic paid fine
1-21-74 Amarillo Aggravated Rape
11/74 Amarillo Rape
2-24-75 Amarillo Rape trial by jury received 99 years, higher court
higher remanded back, pled guilty received 15 years 1 day
5-17-75 Arrived at TDC
1981 married Huey Tyser while in TDC
9-8-82 Released TDC, Darrington Unit (Rosharon, Brazoria County)
4-1-87 Houston PD suspicion murder/ DWI
2-6-90 Brazoria County DWI
6-3-91 Brazoria County ( Freeport) Delivery of a Controlled Substance
5-18-94 Brazoria County Aggravated Kidnapping

Moved to near City of Brazoria in Brazoria County with wife married in TDC
Wrked as mechanic at Wal Mart in Lake Jackson
Fisherman, mechanic

http://www.chron.com/CDA/archives/a...en-as-walking-homicide-assault-suspect-s.html

Three survivors from Stuart's murder and rape spree in 1971

Janet Lee Blanchard, 32- Stuart picked her up in Freeport and they went to his trailer in Brazoria. She fell asleep and awoke with her arms tied and Stuart on top of her; he choked her. Blanchard escaped, making it to a neighbor's house and called police, who arrested Stuart at his home.

The conviction for the aggravated rape of Paula Moore in Amarillo resulted in a 99-year sentence. Because of a judicial error, the charge was reduced to rape, for which Stuart got a 15-year sentence.

July 13, 1971: arrested for the murder of Linda Kay Simmons; body found in a pasture outside Amarillo. Investigators could not prove he killed her.

less than a week after his release, Stuart gave a ride to Kay Sands. Her body turned up in a field, bludgeoned and choked. Stuart was charged Aug. 6, 1971, with her murder.

While out on bond, Stuart picked up a dancer named Neila Wisely. When she got off work, her car's tires were flattened and Stuart was waiting to give her a ride home. Stuart drove her to a desolate area, choked her until she passed out, then revived her. Wisely struggled, and kicked him through the windshield, allowing her to get away. (((How did he know which car was hers?))) She lived but did not want to testify against him.

Two days later, Stuart visited the home of 19-year-old Debra Morrow; he slammed her to the floor without warning, hit her in the head and then choked her into unconsciousness. She lived but did not want to testify.

He was known to drive a small, light-blue station wagon.

I wonder why these women refused to testify against him? That seems very strange unless they were afraid he would not be found guilty and he would come after them or that he would have them killed. Another option he had something on them and it would come out in court.

I don't understand it.

http://www.chron.com/CDA/archives/a...en-as-walking-homicide-assault-suspect-s.html

Three survivors from Stuart's murder and rape spree in 1971

Janet Lee Blanchard, 32- Stuart picked her up in Freeport and they went to his trailer in Brazoria. She fell asleep and awoke with her arms tied and Stuart on top of her; he choked her. Blanchard escaped, making it to a neighbor's house and called police, who arrested Stuart at his home.

The conviction for the aggravated rape of Paula Moore in Amarillo resulted in a 99-year sentence. Because of a judicial error, the charge was reduced to rape, for which Stuart got a 15-year sentence.

July 13, 1971: arrested for the murder of Linda Kay Simmons; body found in a pasture outside Amarillo. Investigators could not prove he killed her.

less than a week after his release, Stuart gave a ride to Kay Sands. Her body turned up in a field, bludgeoned and choked. Stuart was charged Aug. 6, 1971, with her murder.

While out on bond, Stuart picked up a dancer named Neila Wisely. When she got off work, her car's tires were flattened and Stuart was waiting to give her a ride home. Stuart drove her to a desolate area, choked her until she passed out, then revived her. Wisely struggled, and kicked him through the windshield, allowing her to get away. (((How did he know which car was hers?))) She lived but did not want to testify against him.

Two days later, Stuart visited the home of 19-year-old Debra Morrow; he slammed her to the floor without warning, hit her in the head and then choked her into unconsciousness. She lived but did not want to testify.

He was known to drive a small, light-blue station wagon.

Quote...(How did he know which car was hers?))...End of quote.

Could have been he patronize the facility she worked at.
I am assuming she was a dancer in a bar/club.
She was an entertainer i belief.

And he learned things about her there.
As a customer.

They probably did not testify so not to relive a horrifying moment
from there past. Especially in front of a lot of strangers in court.

Brazoria I have seen mentioned many times.
That is an investigation in its own right.
Strange. Seems as if the demons would go to each others county and drop off a victim.
I am sure some of them were ladies of the evening.
But some of them, most of them perhaps over the decades were not evening out girls.

The Following MOO.
As far as princess blue.
She may have had that tooth removed.
But it does not mean it was removed before she went missing.
So a possible match should not be eliminated first hand simple
due to the photo of the missing not showing or mentioning a missing front tooth.

Brazoria I have seen mentioned many times.
That is an investigation in its own right.
Strange. Seems as if the demons would go to each others county and drop off a victim.
I am sure some of them were ladies of the evening.
But some of them, most of them perhaps over the decades were not evening out girls.

BBM
The Following MOO.
As far as princess blue.
She may have had that tooth removed.
But it does not mean it was removed before she went missing.
So a possible match should not be eliminated first hand simple
due to the photo of the missing not showing or mentioning a missing front tooth

I wondered how they could tell when a tooth was removed. Maybe it would have left a clot in the mouth or showed signs of healing.

We had one victim whose molars were loosened. I don't remember which one but she was listed but I believe it was in the last few days. That struck me as odd. Molars that were loosened means either the victim was struck on each side of the jaw extremely hard or someone used pliers to loosen them. moo

I wondered how they could tell when a tooth was removed. Maybe it would have left a clot in the mouth or showed signs of healing.

We had one victim whose molars were loosened. I don't remember which one but she was listed but I believe it was in the last few days. That struck me as odd. Molars that were loosened means either the victim was struck on each side of the jaw extremely hard or someone used pliers to loosen them. moo

I worked in a dental office for a long time; young people's jaw bones heal pretty quick... orthodontics are preferable for this age because the socket won't stay open too long.

Seems like I posted about a skull found (in Montgomery County?) with the teeth glued into the skull...

2 Additional victims are as follows:
Carolyn Sosa Rivera, 33 (Houston)
Terri Denise McDaniels, 26 (Houston)

Partial account of activities:
6-28-62 Amarillo Burglary
11/62 received probation for 2 counts of above
10-13-62 Theft Amarillo x 3 counts
Placed on official probation for all above
4-5-64 Amarillo Assault with Intent to Rape-psychiatric commitment
7-20-65 Amarillo Sex / Indecent Liberties (antiquated law)
11-3-65 Amarillo Attempted Rape
12-8-65 Flagstaff Arizona Runaway
5-15-66 Amarillo traffic offenses paid fines
8-11-66 Amarillo Statutory Rape, married victim Glenda Welch-she and
son died in automobile accident
1-17-67 Amarillo Traffic paid fine
2-7-67 Amarillo traffic paid fine
2-18-67 San Angelo, Tx Forgery by Passing-released to Amarillo
2-21-67 San Angelo, Tx Passing worthless checks
2-23-69 Canyon Tx Sheriffs Office Theft by False Pretext
5/70 Remarried Turnell Day Stuart
7-13-71 Amarillo Murder of Linda Kay Simmons, dismissed/evidence
8-6-71 Amarillo Murder of kay Sands found not guilty
8-25-71 Amarillo Attempted Rape
8-26-71 Amarillo Assault with Intent to Rape
12-23-71 Tuscon Az Traffic paid fine
12-24-71 Tucson Az Traffic Paid fine
6-24-72 Amarillo Traffic paid fine
1-21-74 Amarillo Aggravated Rape
11/74 Amarillo Rape
2-24-75 Amarillo Rape trial by jury received 99 years, higher court
higher remanded back, pled guilty received 15 years 1 day
5-17-75 Arrived at TDC
1981 married Huey Tyser while in TDC
9-8-82 Released TDC, Darrington Unit (Rosharon, Brazoria County)
4-1-87 Houston PD suspicion murder/ DWI
2-6-90 Brazoria County DWI
6-3-91 Brazoria County ( Freeport) Delivery of a Controlled Substance
5-18-94 Brazoria County Aggravated Kidnapping

Moved to near City of Brazoria in Brazoria County with wife married in TDC
Wrked as mechanic at Wal Mart in Lake Jackson
Fisherman, mechanic
Terri Denise McDaniel was my mother and Carolyn Sosa was her best friend,they were both murder by this man

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldDustyBooks
Back