739 users online (90 members and 649 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 54
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by Justiceforever View Post
    I came across this on the LISK thread.

    "The FBI's National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime launched in 2004 an initiative dubbed "The Highway Serial Killings," to identify and investigate murders committed along truck routes. The victims in those killings, said Special Agent Ann Todd, "are primarily women who live high-risk, transient lifestyles, often involving drug/alcohol abuse and prostitution."


    Since the project was launched, FBI crime analysts have compiled information on 580 victims and 275 suspects in sexual assaults, kidnappings and homicides near highways, rest and truck stops, gas stations and restaurants off travel routes. Those victims included 19 from New York State."


    http://www.newsday.com/long-island/s...ases-1.2682508
    I'm unable to read this Newsday link, of the 19 in NY~ Curious if Tammy Jo Alexander is mentioned?

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    733
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnal 911 View Post
    I'm unable to read this Newsday link, of the 19 in NY~ Curious if Tammy Jo Alexander is mentioned?

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I cannot read the full article either. I too would like to know of Tammy was mentioned.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    5

    Truck Stop Murders

    Quote Originally Posted by bessie View Post
    USA TODAY
    10/5/10


    During the past four decades, at least 459 people may have died at the hands of highway serial killers, FBI statistics show. Investigators do not know how many people may be responsible for the killings but at least one such case — of murder, attempted murder or unidentified human remains — has been reported in 48 states, along roads as far north as Alaska and as far south as Key West. They believe the killers find their victims and dispose of the bodies along highways, sometimes near quiet roadside rest areas or at bustling truck stops.




    Often, the victims are prostitutes, abducted in one state and dumped in another. And the killers? Authorities say they have 200 suspects; almost all are long-haul truck drivers. To date, the FBI says it has helped local authorities arrest at least 10 suspects believed to be involved in more than 30 of the killings.

    Harrigan and other law enforcement authorities believe serial killers still operate along some of the most well-traveled roads in the nation.
    "They're out there," he says.


    Harrigan says a typical motorist isn't in danger. At least 234 victims were prostitutes, he says, and stranded motorists represent "a very, very small" number of the homicide cases. But Harrigan will not say how many, and he acknowledges that investigators know "nothing" about 130 of the victims. Among the mysteries are more than 80 cases — including the February case in Barstow — in which authorities couldn't identify the remains or recovered only body parts.

    http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...tm?csp=usat.me

    That's a lot of Doe's.

    We have another thread on this subject somewhere from last year when the report was released. I'll look for it and see if we can merge the two. At the time we talked about the high number of unsolved highway killings along the I-40 corridor, particularly Tennessee, Texas, and Oklahoma.
    I worked as a 911 Police Dispatcher in Pompano Beach, FL from 2003-2011. There is a large truck stop in this city. Once I received a call from a Sex Worker calling from the truck stop to report a truck driver attempted to strangle her to death. I dispatched a unit but he soon closed out the case a "Public Assistance" no report. I don't know if he even made contact with the caller.

    I was shocked by this. After years of taking 911 calls you can start to tell who is telling the truth. I totally believed this woman. Now I wonder if the deputy had taken a report if the license plate and suspect's name would be in a data bank now.

    The truck stops could prove to be a treasure trove of information if authorities did regular interviews with the people associated in this business.

    This truck stop was notorious for being a hang out for prostitutes and drugs along with stolen merchandise. So I wonder if any valuable information could be acquired by interviewing Sex Workers at all of the major truck stops

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by Evianna13 View Post
    I worked as a 911 Police Dispatcher in Pompano Beach, FL from 2003-2011. There is a large truck stop in this city. Once I received a call from a Sex Worker calling from the truck stop to report a truck driver attempted to strangle her to death. I dispatched a unit but he soon closed out the case a "Public Assistance" no report. I don't know if he even made contact with the caller.

    I was shocked by this. After years of taking 911 calls you can start to tell who is telling the truth. I totally believed this woman. Now I wonder if the deputy had taken a report if the license plate and suspect's name would be in a data bank now.

    The truck stops could prove to be a treasure trove of information if authorities did regular interviews with the people associated in this business.

    This truck stop was notorious for being a hang out for prostitutes and drugs along with stolen merchandise. So I wonder if any valuable information could be acquired by interviewing Sex Workers at all of the major truck stops
    Thank you for this post twinsie ...I feel your pain 😉... (not often thankfully) I'm a tad to invested, bossy & biotchty w my guys for the "3,2,1 and I"m clear crap lol.
    I'd be all UMMMM, NO! Landline STAT!

    * FYI--up until approx 2 weeks ago I was CLUELESS about the nefarious side of trucks stops. Deer outnumber us 5:3 in my neck of the woods.

    #TruckStop? Like where I get 3 meals to go?


    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnal 911 View Post
    Thank you for this post twinsie ...I feel your pain 😉... (not often thankfully) I'm a tad to invested, bossy & biotchty w my guys for the "3,2,1 and I"m clear crap lol.
    I'd be all UMMMM, NO! Landline STAT!

    * FYI--up until approx 2 weeks ago I was CLUELESS about the nefarious side of trucks stops. Deer outnumber us 5:3 in my neck of the woods.

    #TruckStop? Like where I get 3 meals to go?


    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    PS.. I CAN spell, my phone is just being an a$$

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    34
    I feel like I am so late to this website. The long haul theory specifically. I have always had an idea that the Robin Hill Murders were a product of this. How do I research similar killings of the same MO along the I 40 and 55. Has there been a work up already done or profile on a killer for the Robin Hill murders other than the Three. My thoughts are that the kids were over at the truck stop and witnessed something or walked into the creek while something was happening. The 55 goes north and south along the river and the river could also play a part as well.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    733
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jake View Post
    I feel like I am so late to this website. The long haul theory specifically. I have always had an idea that the Robin Hill Murders were a product of this. How do I research similar killings of the same MO along the I 40 and 55. Has there been a work up already done or profile on a killer for the Robin Hill murders other than the Three. My thoughts are that the kids were over at the truck stop and witnessed something or walked into the creek while something was happening. The 55 goes north and south along the river and the river could also play a part as well.
    Welcome to WS.
    I've spent probably thousands of hours scouring every case I can and more or less just having to draw my own conclusion as to which cases I believe are the work of a truck driving serial killer. I wish we were more privy to the information contained on the map put together of over 500 cases the authorities believe to be the work of truck drivers. Until then it's really just sleuthing and trying to piece things together. It's very interesting and can lead you down many rabbit holes.of information and invigorate your sense of imagination trying to figure out the logistics of how the case happened from start to time of discovery.
    I see you have found some of the other threads here that are used to discuss cases that are either known or suspected to be the work of truck drivers.
    A great way to get started is to look up cases along the areas you are interested in researching. We have a section here for unidentified John and Jane does as well. You'll find in reading those threads a lot of those cases are of people found along interstates.
    Last edited by honesty; 12-24-2016 at 04:57 AM.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnal 911 View Post
    I'm unable to read this Newsday link, of the 19 in NY~ Curious if Tammy Jo Alexander is mentioned?

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Doing a search on newsday for the name shows nothing so probably not?
    __________________________________________________ _________

    “But I don’t want to go among mad people,
    " Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
    "How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”


    __________________________________________________ _________________

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    31,648
    Truck driver and serial rapist, Thomas Hooks

    Trucker sentenced to 35 years for 2005 rape in Hanover

    WS thread:

    Thomas Hooks
    Last edited by bessie; 01-29-2017 at 01:11 AM.
    PODCAST ROW

    WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK
    __________________________________
    Always give generously of yourself to support your beliefs. And when you're knocked down, give more.




  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    733
    I seen on the news where a message was written on a pilot truckstop bathroom. In black ink it said t.s.k. find her body at mm 168 you guess the state and highway t.s.k

    This was written on the wall in a men's restroom and according to the reporter someone found it and told the manager and also contacted the news agency. The news agency showed a highway patrol who says they are taking this serious and investigating but are hoping it is just a hoax.


  11. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    2
    Thank you for providing information on how to look things up, do you know about any of the killings along Kentucky Highways?

    Thanks,

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3
    Iam a member of the 4horseman, we are a group that tracks serial killers across the U.S.A. If any of those cowards are reading this just remember we are out there to. We do not call 911 and justice will be slow. I lost a dear friend to one of you. Be prepared if and when we find you.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3
    I forgot to say that we are long haul truck drivers. My route is I-40.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    125
    is there any information on the victims or the location where they found

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    125
    someone needs to change highway serial killings initiative map into a google map to make it more understandable

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. OH - Unsolved Serial Killings in Stark County *ARREST*
    By AJS03182002 in forum Cold Cases
    Replies: 312
    Last Post: 04-04-2017, 03:19 AM
  2. OH/IN/MI - Highway Serial Killings, Midwest, I-71, I-75
    By bessie in forum Long Haul Truckers & Neal Falls
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 12-15-2016, 10:48 PM
  3. OK/TX/AZ/MS/AR - I-40 Highway Serial Killings
    By Marilynilpa in forum Long Haul Truckers & Neal Falls
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 12-04-2016, 04:18 PM
  4. NY NY - Buffalo man discovers serial killings in data
    By Nefriahaia in forum Serial Killers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-21-2012, 12:21 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-20-2009, 05:34 PM

Tags for this Thread