1551 users online (253 members and 1298 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Map showing the location of Foster's body in relation to the Calder Rd bodies 12 miles away.

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=3000+Calder+Road,+League+City,+TX&daddr =2416+Maxwell+Street,+La+Marque,+TX&hl=en&ll=29.41 5675,-95.012512&spn=0.29607,0.702438&sll=29.352853,-94.957581&sspn=0.296253,0.702438&geocode=FT6mwQEdq s1U-imfWIZ1A4NAhjE8twz9zdP4gw%3BFQ3evwEddMBW-inJywYgNX8_hjGXuJa7WKPa7w&vpsrc=6&gl=us&mra=pr&t=m &z=11"]3000 Calder Rd, League City, TX 77539 to 2416 Maxwell St, La Marque, TX 77568 - Google Maps[/ame]
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

09/17/1989
    Galveston Daily News
    LaMarque, Texas

No Leads in Death of Woman

Darlynn Foster bears a striking resemblance to the sketch of the Calder Rd Jane Doe and even somewhat to Janet Doe. Foster was shot with a 22 caliber weapon. A 22 caliber bullet was found with Jane Doe's remains.
    Last edited by bessie; 11-23-2011 at 06:00 AM.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

I got the ME report & the police report. The police made a mistake and said there was blunt force trauma to the head, when in actuality, it was two more gunshots from the .22 (per the autopsy report).

Ikoihil, I'm sorry I didn't see your post until now. You're making progress. Does the police report include witness statements, particularly one from the bf? If so, what is his alibi? I mean, if your mom told your aunt he was coming to pick her up, then where was he when she was murdered?

Oh, and the fire in his back yard. Is that mentioned in the documents?
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Quote Originally Posted by bessie View Post
    Ikoihil, I'm sorry I didn't see your post until now. You're making progress. Does the police report include witness statements, particularly one from the bf? If so, what is his alibi? I mean, if your mom told your aunt he was coming to pick her up, then where was he when she was murdered?

No, nothing was mentioned about witness statements, alibi, materials in possession, or the fire.

Quote Originally Posted by ikoihil View Post

Name: Foster, Darlynn A
    Race: Caucasian
    Height: 5'6"
    Eyes: Green eyes
    Weight: 140 lbs
    Hair: Light brown
    DOB: 09/30/55

Body found at or about 2500 Maxwell St, La Marque, TX 77568.
    The front door was wide open, blood all over the floors and walls, furniture overturned. Blood ran down the front stairs. There had been no forced entry. Handbag and belongings had not been touched. It was later discovered that all four tires of her car had been slashed.

She had been shot six times with a .22 caliber handgun while running into the field next to her home while trying to escape, and then bludgeoned until dead.

Later fingerprinting of the home yielded no actionable results.

Location of body recovered of Foster:

http://www.chron.com/CDA/archives/ar...id=1989_650630
    http://www.chron.com/CDA/archives/ar...id=1989_650958
    http://www.newspaperarchive.com/Site...?img=110190019
    That seems like a ex to me. With the 4 tires slashed. She may have caught himn in the act of slashing her tires, and than all hell broke loose.

Serial killer perhaps would have flattened one to render it useless.

:+:Anneliese Michel:+:

[21 September 19521 July 1976]

[Second chapter twelfth verse of [
    :+:Philippians:+:]
    [Work out your own salvation, with fear and trembling]
    :+:Emily Rose:+:

Anniversary of her death today.

Last month, I was interviewed by a detective about a third woman involved with Gibbons. Police haven't been able to located Dana either, after he shot her in the head. The woman I was interviewed about had a maroon car, which was found after she went missing New Years 1990 or so. I wasn't given the name of the woman, but she lived near his property on Hopper Road.

I don't know whether or not his ranch or property or whatever was ever searched, out in Crockett, TX.

I was informed by a detective that I was given just a summary police report (which is supposed to explain that it's only 1/2 page). Apparently, there is some case file that has complete information within. Not sure if that falls under FOIA, but I want to know what's there. I guess there are lots of things I'd like to know.

For all of you out there who don't have missing or murdered loved ones, it doesn't get any easier. Thanks to all the people here to try to help solve cases... it matters.

Quote Originally Posted by :+:MrTT:+: View Post
    That seems like a ex to me. With the 4 tires slashed. She may have caught himn in the act of slashing her tires, and than all hell broke loose.

Serial killer perhaps would have flattened one to render it useless.
    She got the double whammy, and was dating the serial killer unknowingly.

Police report includes nothing but a description of her, cause of death, and basic suspect info. 1/2 page. No other information.

He had no alibi. He was there. My aunt spoke to my mother on the phone when he'd arrived.

Ikoihil! I wish I would have been here with you on the 15th. I think of you and your mom often.

Heather for Darlynn

She would have turned 60 at the end of this month.
    Last edited by bessie; 09-20-2012 at 03:08 AM.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Quote Originally Posted by ikoihil View Post
    Police report includes nothing but a description of her, cause of death, and basic suspect info. 1/2 page. No other information.

He had no alibi. He was there. My aunt spoke to my mother on the phone when he'd arrived.
    Sickening. It's good to know the investigation is still active. The detective who interviewed you? Did he work the case in 1989?

New Year's Eve and a maroon car. Rings a bell, but nothing specific comes to mind. I'll keep an eye out.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

I agree the Movie is not really relevant to the "real" happenings, I remember hearing the suspect of the Caulder road killings had been in a serious accident, and could no longer function by himself, and they did not have enough evidence to charge this man? does anyone remember that?

Thinking of Darlynn and Ikoihil tonight. Still hoping for justice.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Quote Originally Posted by sloane7777 View Post
    I agree the Movie is not really relevant to the "real" happenings, I remember hearing the suspect of the Caulder road killings had been in a serious accident, and could no longer function by himself, and they did not have enough evidence to charge this man? does anyone remember that?
    Yes, you are thinking of Robert Abel.
    http://unsolvedmurdertx.blogspot.com/

The key is often reading/listening clearly to the details with logic and not emotion.

Thinking of Darlynn and Ikoihil tonight. Still hoping for justice.
    Thank you, Bessie.

Regarding the justice, the information in the ME report in in great contrast to the LMPD report, and I believe I have strong reason to approach them about the inaccuracies; I just don't know what to do about it since I have family still living there, and how to even present my issue.
    Last edited by ikoihil; 08-06-2013 at 09:15 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast