AL AL - James Toole, 73, Dothan, 15 May 1995 *body found, identification ongoing*

Kimster

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
JToole1.jpg

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/images/JToole1.jpg

This is heartbreaking. This family needs answers! Link to their FB: http://www.facebook.com/pages/James-Aaron-Toole-Missing-Person/210764388939910?sk=wall

On the Afternoon of Monday, May 15, 1995 he was at his home waiting on his youngest granddaughter to get off the school bus. Her sister came to pick up her u, and she got there just before the school bus arrived. He told his granddaughter that he would not be there the next day when her sister got off the bus and to make sure to be there in time so she would not be left alone. He said that he was going to be in Central Florida for a few days visiting some of his siblings.

He went to work that night for a few hours at the convenient store across the street from his home but he left early. Another one of his granddaughters said that he stopped by her house that night breifly to have a conversation with his wife. She did not actually see him, but she heard him speaking with her grandmother in the kitchen. His granddaughters that he spoke with him earlier that afternoon and their mother saw him again that night when he passed them going North on Houston County Road 75.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/4453dmal.html

Did he leave on his trip to visit siblings in central Florida? Also, is his car missing? Where did he live? Was it in the Houston area? I'm not clear on the details.

TIA

I took a look at the FB page and it looks like he may have left for central Florida. Is there any info on the vehicle? What kind (year and make)? Was it possible he went off the road in a wooded area or into water? Did he make it to central Florida? Was he planning to stop at a hotel or motel to sleep or was he planning to drive straight through?

According to the missing person's report, he was last seen heading north on Houston County Road 75. How far was this from his home? Was there a reason he would have been heading north on that road? In other words, did he have to pick something up or have his car looked at before he left for Florida?

I have a lot of questions, because there is little said on the details. Here are some more questions:

Was his suitcase missing from his home? Were there clothes and shoes missing? Did he live alone? Did he have a credit card? Were the relatives in Florida expecting him?

Here's a link to a Google Map of Dothan, AL, pointing to County Road 75. This portion is not a very long road, perhaps it led to his home. The highway also runs outside of Dothan, on the east side of town.

http://g.co/maps/qybvp

Maybe he was on his way home to pick up his things and begin his trip? There's not enough details to work with here.

If he were traveling to central FL, he may have traveled south of Dothan on Hwy 231 to Interstate 10, then east from there.

Another possible route would be Hwy 84 east to Interstate 75, then south.

Did he leave on his trip to visit siblings in central Florida? Also, is his car missing? Where did he live? Was it in the Houston area? I'm not clear on the details.

TIA
Yes, He told my sister, his Granddaughter, that he was going to visit his Brother. His car has never been found. In lived in a small town called Pansey, Alabama, right out side of Dothan Al.

I took a look at the FB page and it looks like he may have left for central Florida. Is there any info on the vehicle? What kind (year and make)? Was it possible he went off the road in a wooded area or into water? Did he make it to central Florida? Was he planning to stop at a hotel or motel to sleep or was he planning to drive straight through?

We don't have much information on the car. And we can't get a clear answer from the people working the case. We were able to get a tag number from the police that first worked the case. He never made it to Fl. He didn't tell us that he had planned on stopping and staying the night in a hotel/motel. He never stopped over before.

According to the missing person's report, he was last seen heading north on Houston County Road 75. How far was this from his home? Was there a reason he would have been heading north on that road? In other words, did he have to pick something up or have his car looked at before he left for Florida?

I have a lot of questions, because there is little said on the details. Here are some more questions:

Was his suitcase missing from his home? Were there clothes and shoes missing? Did he live alone? Did he have a credit card? Were the relatives in Florida expecting him?

County Road 75 was the road right in front of his house and his job was right across the road. From our understanding he was going to say Bye to his wife, whom was living down the road from him with her daughter. Also on County road 75. From my understanding all of his clothes, suitecases, jewelry, and even medicines were still in the house. He was living alone at the time but him and his wife were still married and they were living apart. None of his bank account was ever messed with. And no his relatives weren't expecting him. I am trying to answer all the questions but I was very young when this happened and I have to go by what other people have said. And we aren't able to get clear answers from the people working the case.

County Road 75 was the road right in front of his house and his job was right across the road. From our understanding he was going to say Bye to his wife, whom was living down the road from him with her daughter. Also on County road 75. From my understanding all of his clothes, suitecases, jewelry, and even medicines were still in the house. He was living alone at the time but him and his wife were still married and they were living apart. None of his bank account was ever messed with. And no his relatives weren't expecting him. I am trying to answer all the questions but I was very young when this happened and I have to go by what other people have said. And we aren't able to get clear answers from the people working the case.

Thanks for all the answers to my questions. I bolded part of your answer, which could be an important clue. If he didn't take a suitcase, maybe he didn't get a chance to pack and
something happened before he got a chance to go to Florida. Here are some more questions, I hope you can answer: Why did he live separately from his wife? Did they get along? Were there other family members living in the same house other than his wife and daughter? Did he ever pick up hitchhikers or someone that needed a ride to town? Was he easy going and friendly? I notice that the area is rural, what did he do for a living when he was younger? Did he ever have business partners or employees?

Thanks for filling in these details, I'm trying to wrap my mind around this. I'd like to see you find him, it has been too long!

Thanks for all the answers to my questions. I bolded part of your answer, which could be an important clue. If he didn't take a suitcase, maybe he didn't get a chance to pack and something happened before he got a chance to go to Florida. Here are some more questions, I hope you can answer: Why did he live separately from his wife? Did they get along? Did his wife live with others, perhaps other family members? Did he ever pick up hitchhikers or someone that needed a ride to town? Was he easy going and friendly?

Thanks for filling in these details, I'm trying to wrap my mind around this. I'd like to see you find him, it has been too long!

Him and his wife weren't living together at the time. I think they had had a fight (words) and she got mad at him and went to stay with her daughter. I don't want this to come across wrong but him and his wife would do this. They would get mad at each other and she would go stay with her daughter and then a week later they were fine and back together. I am not sure about the hitchhikers. He was VERY friendly to everyone!
I know there are a lot of holes in his story. And my sister and I are trying to get some answers but it's so hard for us since it was 16 years ago. And we were both so young. Its like we are starting over from the start.
Thank you!

We don't have much information on the car. And we can't get a clear answer from the people working the case. We were able to get a tag number from the police that first worked the case. He never made it to Fl. He didn't tell us that he had planned on stopping and staying the night in a hotel/motel. He never stopped over before.

Do your parents or other older relatives remember what kind of vehicle he owned?

Him and his wife weren't living together at the time. I think they had had a fight (words) and she got mad at him and went to stay with her daughter. I don't want this to come across wrong but him and his wife would do this. They would get mad at each other and she would go stay with her daughter and then a week later they were fine and back together. I am not sure about the hitchhikers. He was VERY friendly to everyone!
I know there are a lot of holes in his story. And my sister and I are trying to get some answers but it's so hard for us since it was 16 years ago. And we were both so young. Its like we are starting over from the start.
Thank you!

Have you sat down with your parents and asked any questions on this? They may be able to fill in some details. Do you know when people started to realize that he was missing? Did 1, 2 or 3 weeks pass before people became worried? I find it unusual that he didn't inform his relatives in Florida that he was going to visit them. Was this his usual way of doing things? I also feel it is unusual that his medicine was still in his house. It really makes me think that he never took the trip to Florida.

Thanks!

I took a look at Google maps of County Rd. 75 and noticed there were a lot of farms. My first thought on what happened to him was that he had a heart attack while driving, which caused his car to go off the road and into the trees. Was the area ever searched? There aren't too many wooded areas on 75 and I'm sure there are hunters in the area (they usually find things in woods), but it may be worthwhile to search in the existing wooded areas up against the road. Permission from the owners may be needed though. Even if you don't find anything, you can at least rule it out and concentrate on another possibility for your grandfather's disappearance.

Was his wife your grandmother? In other words, was he remarried to another woman or was she his life long wife and your grandmother? If you feel uncomfortable answering any of my questions, please don't answer. I'm cool with that and respect your family's privacy and wishes. I'm just trying to wrap my mind around his disappearance. Thanks!

:hug: Thank you all so much for looking at this thread. :heartluv: When I read about this and saw the pic of Aaron looking into the sky, it touched me.

:praying:

Ashleysolomon, was your grandfather associated with Plant City, Florida? Did he live there at one time or own property?

:hug: Thank you all so much for looking at this thread. :heartluv: When I read about this and saw the pic of Aaron looking into the sky, it touched me.

:praying:

I agree! This man needs to be found! The family needs to know what happened. I'm praying the family gets some answers.

Hello. I am actually using my sister's login right now b/c I have not gotten one yet. My Name is Amanda or Mandy (I answer to both.), and I just wanted to answer a few of the questions that Ashley has not gotten to yet.

My grandfather is not our biological grandfather. He married my grandmother (Ann)when my dad was around 13, so he is the only grandfather that we ever knew. He is pretty much the only father that my dad knew as well. My dad had a close relationship with him, and so did my sister and I.

My grandmother was staying with my Aunt Linda at the time of his disappearance. My cousin, Sarah, was also living there. We are the same age, so she was just about to turn 16. Sarah said that he came over briefly to talk with my grandmother that night/ afternoon (The time has not really been specified to us. However, we think that it was sometime around 6 or so because we passed him going in the opposite direction around that time. He was heading in the direction of my aunt's house and that is why I assumed the he was gong there then. That was the last time I saw him.) Sarah did mention that they were arguing and that she didn't come out of her room because of that. She said that she did not actually see or speak to him directly. I do not think that my Aunt was home at the time.

Like my sister mentioned above, he was a helpful person, so the idea that he may have picked up someone has crossed our minds. I can't say that I have ever known him to do anything like that, but it is always a possibility. It was always baffling to us that he would leave at night considering that he had a hard time seeing at night, and he had just had eye surgery. I saw him that afternoon, and I know that he said that he was not going to be there the next day to get my sister off the bus. I know that he said that he was going to Florida. I don't remember him saying that he was leaving that night.

My parents are the ones that reported him missing the sunday after he was last seen. We were not there for most of the investigation into his disappearance b/c we spent our summers in Florida with our cousin. We were never questioned.

As for the car information, I am not sure why it was so difficult at the time to get it or why it was never recorded. I know that the car was a brownish color. I know that it was a mid 80's model chevy. I cannot remember if it was a cavalier or a celebrity. I did use his car to take my drivers test 6 days before, so I have given that info to the police in hopes that maybe they can pull a record from that. The original investigator that worked the case said that he remembers his license plate number being BLT-666.

Yes he did live in Plant City. He worked at Paradise Fruit Company and retired from there in the 80's. My grandmother and him moved to north Florida for a brief time after retirement, but later moved back to Plant City for a few years. He still has family there. (My whole family lived there at one time. We migrated up here in the early 90's. My grandparents followed soon after.) My Aunt Irene, his sister, is the last of his siblings still alive and still live there. She has given DNA before but for some reason it was misplaced or something. We are in the process of trying to get it again. It is a frustrating ordeal considering she is 85. I hate the stress of the situation for her, and then there is the fact that she is not going to be with us forever. The DNA is the main focus right now.

There are a lot of weird unexplained issues with this, and Ashley and I are willing to answer and share any information that we have in hopes to bring him home. I think you all for your interest and kind words.

Mandy

one last thing. It is my understanding that he didn't talk to anyone in Florida to tell them that he was coming down. I am not sure if they were able to get phone records from back then. I am told that it would be impossible to get them now. I have always wondered if I could see those records that it may help to know at least who might have more information than we were given.

Oh and he was in the NCIC data base and was taken out for some reason back in the late 2000's. We had to re file a missing persons report to get him added back. It has never been made clear as to why he was removed. I would like to know if anyone else has ever experienced a situation like that. I am curious to know if it is routine or a big mistake on someone's part.

Considering that it has been so long, I worry that there isn't gonna to be any solid records that we can pull from. The detective on the case is working on getting the exact car info and vin number, but he is running into a wall b/c it is difficult to do so in AL. If anyone has any information on how to obtain vin numbers, that would be helpful.

I don't know if I missed any of the questioned asked. If so, let me know. Thanks Again,
Mandy

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back