Thread: 1 month old identical twin boys found dead in home

ID - 1 month old twin boys die - no signs of trauma

1-month-old identical twin boys die in Pocatello

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2011/1...pocatello.html

Police in southeastern Idaho say detectives are investigating the "suspicious" deaths of 1-month-old identical twin boys whose mother called 911 to report that they weren't breathing.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/p...6#.Tsv4DlbFmSo

Police in southeastern Idaho say autopsies found no signs of trauma to 1-month-old twin boys whose deaths have been described as suspicious.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...3e891027858dd5

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:

What is it with abuse towards multiples lately??
    Or is there just more multiples than there used to be because of fertility treatments (I realize the children in the story are identical and therefore not the result of fertility treatments).

I have identical twin boys and have always felt special and blessed to have them!! Even though the first 3 months were just a blur of breastfeeding and diaper changing and i can barely remember most of it.. I never wanted to hurt them... i just don't understand..

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to peeples For This Useful Post:

This was not necessarily abuse.

There was no trauma... and that sounds an awful lot like the 3 month old twins from August.
    We just weren't given the information at the time, but it appears everyone knew how those twins died immediately.
    Those deaths were also labeled as "suspicious" with no trauma, but deemed to be accidental.

These twins also have siblings just like Noah and Moses did... we could be looking at something similar.
    Even with an exhausted parent who fell asleep with the babies and accidentally suffocated them. That has also happened.
    I'm not jumping to conclusions until I see a reason to be suspicious.

The 3 month old twins from August - different case which has been deemed accidental suffocation. No arrests or removal of siblings.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...6c74b9b1a.html

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147006"]3 month old twin boys found dead in home - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre

1 month old identical twin boys found dead in home

again? (re: 3 month old twin boys found dead)

-----

Authorities in southeastern Idaho are investigating the "suspicious" deaths of 1-month-old identical twin boys whose mother called 911 to report that they weren't breathing.
    Lt. Paul Manning said Kiarra Kimbel, of Pocatello, made the report at 8:35 a.m. Monday.
    Manning said the infants -- Gabriel R. Medrano and Tryce E. Medrano -- were rushed to the hospital and pronounced dead on arrival. Autopsies were planned for Monday evening to determine the cause of the deaths, authorities said.
    The Idaho State Journal reports that neighbors said Kimbel has two other children who live with her at her Pocatello apartment. The newspaper reports neighbors said the twins were seen Sunday and appeared to be in good health. They were living in the apartment with their mother and her two other children, neighbors said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/11/22...#ixzz1eXH5QcEK
    -----------

Police in southeastern Idaho say autopsies found no signs of trauma to 1-month-old twin boys whose deaths have been described as suspicious.

The babies were pronounced dead at a Pocatello hospital Monday after their mother called 911 to report they werenít breathing.Pocatello Police Lt. Paul Manning said Tuesday the deaths of Gabriel Medrano and Tryce Medrano will remain under investigation pending the results of lab tests on toxicology samples, which could take several weeks.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/nation...WlN_story.html

---------------

http://www.idahostatejournal.com/new...cc4c002e0.html
    This bee my opinion

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Wow! Can't believe there is another, similar case!!

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to daisy7 For This Useful Post:

Both children? Heartbreaking and chilling. Prayers.
    My opinions are like my laundry: sometimes all over the place and sometimes they stink.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hoodie For This Useful Post:

Yet another heartbreaking story. RIP little ones.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to JenniferTx For This Useful Post:

TG there was no trauma. I immediately wondered about carbon monoxide and the type of bedding snuggled around them. I pray there was no foul play.

RIP wee ones.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Quiche For This Useful Post:

It was one month in the case of the 3 month old twins, before they came out and explained what had happened.

That case - a different case from August

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...#ixzz1eSrdbDZ7

I expect as long as there is nothing major here, this will be about the same amount of time.
    Even if you think you know what happened and it wasn't criminal, you still make sure there is nothing in the toxicology results first.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:

I'm wondering if "shots" had anything to do with it. It's been a long time since my children were babies and I know the schedule for immuniations has changed.

BTW, I also have twin boys, never had a moment of stress when they were young, they were easier to raise than their older sisters.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trident For This Useful Post:

So heartbreaking.. When I was an infant, a friend of my mothers had twins die of SIDs together when we were all about a month or two old. It destroyed her.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ellabella For This Useful Post:

RIP little ones, prayers to the family and friends who are mourning their loss. Til I hear something to make think foul play was involved I will have this mother in my special prayers. I cannot imagine losing one child, let alone two in one fell swoop

ETA wondering if they were born preterm or had any health concerns from their birth as well (respitory concerns, etc.)
    Five years ago I wandered in here because of a google search on Haleigh Cummings. "Welcome," folks said "look around a bit, sit a spell." It wasn't long before I found Caylee's threads. It was just that simple.

If you are new to the site allow me to say, "welcome. Look around a bit, sit a spell."

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:

All we know is that they "appeared to be in good health" according to neighbors.
    They appeared to arrive on time according to Mom and Dad's facebooks.
    (Mom's name has been released and the babies share Dad's name. Dad has been talking about his twins on facebook since this happened and Mom has thanked everyone for the support.)

One twin appears to be smaller than the other (not uncommon with twins.)
    They were born October 27.

The older siblings I am not 100% clear on. I know for sure the little girl is about 2 years old.
    I know for sure there is at least one older boy, possibly two. They would be older... 6-9 years old.

Dad appears the same for all... though boy(s) could be from his previous relationship?

Either way, this still doesn't feel like foul play to me. I don't know what it is... and of course anything is possible.
    But after the 3 month old twins who died co-sleeping with their 8 year old sister... seeing these boys co-sleeping with their 1 year old sister... Really made me stop and wonder if this wasn't the exact same scenario.

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:

Police say mom Kiarra Kimbell called 911 early Monday morning and reported one infant not breathing at her Pocatello home.

First responders found both babies,
    Gabriel and Tryce Medrano, non-responsive in an adult bed, Lt. Paul Manning with the Pocatello Police told the Daily News.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"It's suspicious because we have no trauma, and while they were born prematurely, the doctor says they were in good health. We have to look at it suspiciously," Manning said.

Investigators already have ruled out carbon monoxide poisoning.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...#ixzz1etCS0tFS

Who's adult bed?

The older boy(s) sleep in a full size "adult" bed too from the pictures.
    So that doesn't mean it was the Mom's bed.
    This is looking more and more like another accidental suffocation....

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MsFacetious View Post
    Police say mom Kiarra Kimbell called 911 early Monday morning and reported one infant not breathing at her Pocatello home.

First responders found both babies,
    Gabriel and Tryce Medrano, non-responsive in an adult bed, Lt. Paul Manning with the Pocatello Police told the Daily News.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"It's suspicious because we have no trauma, and while they were born prematurely, the doctor says they were in good health. We have to look at it suspiciously," Manning said.

Investigators already have ruled out carbon monoxide poisoning.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...#ixzz1etCS0tFS

Who's adult bed?

The older boy(s) sleep in a full size "adult" bed too from the pictures.
    So that doesn't mean it was the Mom's bed.
    This is looking more and more like another accidental suffocation....
    That is not the type of carbon monoxide source I was imagining-- it's known that pillows and stuffed animals made with those little foam beads can be c. monoxide hazards if snuggled too near an airway. And with two babies, I wondered about regular blankets pulled around the two, if they were facing one another. (I wasn't blessed with multiples, how do you position the infants for sleeping together?)

But, if I were investigating this, I'd certainly have Mom recreate the bedding/bumpers/blankets/stuffed toys arrangements that night.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Quiche For This Useful Post:

Carbon MONOXIDE is the result of incompletely combusted fuel source - like a faulty furnace/ running a gas generator or an automobile in an enclosed space etc.
    The gas carbon DIOXIDE is the end product of respiration.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marycarney For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Quiche View Post
    That is not the type of carbon monoxide source I was imagining-- it's known that pillows and stuffed animals made with those little foam beads can be c. monoxide hazards if snuggled too near an airway. And with two babies, I wondered about regular blankets pulled around the two, if they were facing one another. (I wasn't blessed with multiples, how do you position the infants for sleeping together?)

But, if I were investigating this, I'd certainly have Mom recreate the bedding/bumpers/blankets/stuffed toys arrangements that night.
    I didn't think regular carbon monoxide was an issue because the older boy and little girl likely would have had symptoms.

For some reason lately, co sleeping deaths have been all over the news. The 3 month old twins with their older sister...

3 separate babies in Milwaukee here:

http://www.wsaw.com/home/headlines/134514528.html

I don't know why... I always thought it was instinct to not roll over on your baby and wake up if their breathing changed at all.
    But maybe that instinct comes with children with special needs.

Either way, I wouldn't be at all surprised if that was the case here too. I just hope it wasn't with the older boy.
    It would be horrible enough for a mother to have that guilt... a child would be even worse.

I do find it odd that she called about one baby not breathing, but they found two.
    Was that a misunderstanding on the dispatchers part?
    Or did Mom not realize they were both there together?
    Or just realize one wasn't breathing and not think it could be both of them, so didn't check the second baby in her panic about the first?

That did catch my attention a bit... as did the 3 comments on Mom's facebook page vs the dozens on Dad's. (78 to be exact.)
    I think it's a little unusual that the mother of two dead babies only has three condolences... but who knows why that is...

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:

Pictures that are ONLY of the twins and not siblings.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Gabrie...9143?sk=photos

This still seems... odd to me. I am anxiously awaiting a determination on this one...

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:

Wow. Another accidental suffocation of baby twins.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1lrOMQUF8

Twin boys who died in their sleep were accidentally suffocated, an Idaho coroner has ruled.

The deaths of Gabriel and Tryce Medrano had been investigated as possibly suspicious, but it is now clear that it was no more than a tragic accident.

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:

Oh, this one just makes me weep. All my grandbabies have slept in family beds. No preemies, however. My heart just breaks for this family.

Fly high sweet little Gabriel and Tryce.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Missizzy For This Useful Post:

Family beds are just not safe. Too many babies are dying from this. Babies should be sleeping in a crib. I suppose there are many people who don't know better. This information needs to be gotten out there, like the safe haven laws.
    Forum: Jury Room
    Thread: Most interesting classic unsolved murder cases

This thread currently has over 350 cases with a brief synopsis of each and we are still adding additional cases.

You can access a spreadsheet that lists the cases in alphabetical order with the page & post number so that you can locate a particular case you may be interested in. It also contains links to any cases that already have a thread on WS.

Many cases do not have a thread. Please feel free to start one in the appropriate forum if you would like to look into one. Should you start a thread on one of these cases, please let me know so that I can add the link to the spreadsheet.

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in alphabetical order:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in country order:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FBBcGVid0lmUHc
    =======================================

Forum: Jury Room
    Thread: Cold But Not Too Old Murder Case List

This is a listing of newer but still cold cases. As with the above thread we will be adding as we go along. Most of these cases will probably have threads. If you do start a new one, please let me know so I can add the link to the spreadsheets. The spreadsheets may be accessed from the links below.

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in alphabetical order:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...mlNV2lSQ1dDWHc

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in country order:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FBIaHRnR1g0SEE

I just don’t understand the concept of a family bed. I know some people swear by it and say if it is done properly that the baby is safe but I just don’t trust that I will know what I’m doing in my sleep. I also can’t sleep very well when I am worried about rolling over onto the baby next to me. We have used a bedside bassinet with both girls. One side comes off and it pushes right up to the side of the bed (it also has something to secure it to the bed). Little K is right next to me but in her own safe bed.

43. The Following User Says Thank You to pistolina For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pistolina View Post
    I just donít understand the concept of a family bed. I know some people swear by it and say if it is done properly that the baby is safe but I just donít trust that I will know what Iím doing in my sleep. I also canít sleep very well when I am worried about rolling over onto the baby next to me. We have used a bedside bassinet with both girls. One side comes off and it pushes right up to the side of the bed (it also has something to secure it to the bed). Little K is right next to me but in her own safe bed.
    Sadly babies die in cots too. There's a lot of info out there on how to make a cot safer, but not so much about how to make co-sleeping safer.
    We didn't decide to have a family bed, but there were times we'd bring our babies into the bed. But only with the special co-sleeping little bed thing.

This is the kind of thing that can be used to make co-sleeping much safer for those who want a 'family bed'.
    Attached Images Attached Images

45. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to butwhatif? For This Useful Post:

I guess if you are sleep deprived enough you could not realize you rolled over on them?
    I still wake up if I roll over onto my cell phone... because it is instinct for me, to make sure I don't roll onto anything.

For the first two years... I very rarely slept without one or both kids. Feeding them, or they were sick, or that's the only way they'd sleep.
    Maybe everyone just has different levels of awareness... and mine have always been really high?

47. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post: