command center disbanded as leads slow down

A core of seven or eight detectives will remain assigned to the baby Lisa case, police said, but the detectives now also will take on other cases from their respective units. FBI agents also will continue to work with police at the same level as before, police said.
If new leads develop, police said they can call upon other detectives from other units who previously have assisted in the case.
“The people who are working this are not going to let this go,” Capt. Steve Young said. “But we have other cases and other victims.”

Read more: http://www.kansas.com/2011/11/23/2113964/kc-police-disband-lisa-irwin-command.html#ixzz1eXKJTzpa

-----

IMO, all this shows to me is LE just doesn't have much in terms of who is responsible for BL's disappearance. The statement that leads have slowed tells me that they don't have a strong direction that they are following.

Moved over from the MSM 11/23 thread.

It is sad that the leads have dried up and there isn't justification to keep a large team of detectives assigned solely to finding Lisa. I do so wish the parents would sit down with their attorneys at the station and answer questions separately for LE. Anything new, anything previously overlooked, anything seemingly small one parent wouldn't want to say in front of the other...anything could be a clue. We know LE has interviewed others multiple times without restrictions (as far as we know); time for the parents to go back in with Mr. Picerno and Mr. Tacopina. Whole new ballgame, imo. This news should inspire the parents to talk to LE (their decision, not their lawyers'). Sadly, I'm not getting my hopes up that finding out there is a lesser level of resources and attention focused on finding their baby will be a catalyst for more action from the parents. JMO...

I do find the following information encouraging. LE is not giving up on finding Lisa and are still actively investigating, but imo they've checked out most of the leads and searched and searched and searched. They need a break in the case. In the meantime, there are other victims whose cases deserve attention too. It's the right thing to do, imo.

A core of seven or eight detectives will remain assigned to the baby Lisa case, police said, but the detectives now also will take on other cases from their respective units. FBI agents also will continue to work with police at the same level as before, police said.

“The people who are working this are not going to let this go,” Capt. Steve Young said. “But we have other cases and other victims.”
http://www.kansascity.com/2011/11/22...a-command.html

Keep in mind also that KC isn't a small town and there is stuff going on all the time that would occupy LE. Have many kids/adults have gone missing just in KC in the past month? I wouldn't be surprised if there was some.

I don't find this surprising. When parents are not cooperating with LE as far as interviews go is topped with parents saying they are getting things back to normal the investigation may have to be realigned. Leads are slowing down but I have faith in LE and them solving the case.

I don't find this surprising. When parents are not cooperating with LE as far as interviews go is topped with parents saying they are getting things back to normal the investigation may have to be realigned. Leads are slowing down but I have faith in LE and them solving the case.

With all the evidence they collected it should have been solved by now. They don't have anything to point to the parents. I said it from the very beginning of the case. IMO, LE should do something about the tactics they use in TRYING to solve missing children/adult cases. Having tunnel vision and/or downright accusing the parents or spouses in trying to get a confession ain't working.

It didn't work here. It didn't work in the Haleigh Cummings case, it didn't work in Hailey Dunn's case and it's not working in Sky Metalwala's case and many others too numerous to post.

Telling a parent they're not suspects but then do everything to treat them like suspects is ridiculous and counter productive.

They were either wrong or they should move on to other ways to solve these crimes.

It's discouraging to see how many go unsolved.

Good bye Lisa, hello, cold case.
This news is always so disheartening, even if expected.

What would you have them do differently ~n/t~?

Sometimes they do have a confession pretty soon. It didn't take long in Tyler Dasher's case, for instance.

LE knows who caused Lisa to disappear. Laci Peterson's command center was shut down ----the right person was eventually charged and arrested. The same will happen here. imo

The parents didn't say it, the lawyer did. The lawyer also didn't say 'the parents tell me they are getting back to normal', just 'they are getting back to normal', as in that is his interpretation.

May not mean much, but it does make a difference compared to it coming out of the parents themselves.

With all the evidence they collected it should have been solved by now. They don't have anything to point to the parents. I said it from the very beginning of the case. IMO, LE should do something about the tactics they use in TRYING to solve missing children/adult cases. Having tunnel vision and/or downright accusing the parents or spouses in trying to get a confession ain't working.

It didn't work here. It didn't work in the Haleigh Cummings case, it didn't work in Hailey Dunn's case and it's not working in Sky Metalwala's case and many others too numerous to post.

Telling a parent they're not suspects but then do everything to treat them like suspects is ridiculous and counter productive.

They were either wrong or they should move on to other ways to solve these crimes.

It's discouraging to see how many go unsolved.

What specifically should they have done that they didn't do? What evidence did they collect that solved the case?

The parents didn't say it, the lawyer did. The lawyer also didn't say 'the parents tell me they are getting back to normal', just 'they are getting back to normal', as in that is his interpretation.

May not mean much, but it does make a difference compared to it coming out of the parents themselves.

It actually stood out to me more because the lawyer said it, they're usually weigh their words so carefully and consider how it sounds.

What specifically should they have done that they didn't do? What evidence did they collect that solved the case?

I think they are doing all they can, they probably just to have a whole lot to go on. No or very little evidence that points to either the parents or an abductor. They have the phone data and perhaps any data from DNA by now which is probably inconclusive.

It actually stood out to me more because the lawyer said it, they're usually weigh their words so carefully and consider how it sounds.

Not these defense lawyers when you listen to all the statements they have made in this case. These are the same lawyers that made comments about triple hearsay statements. These are the same lawyers who say they are not going to talk to media and then 3 days later talk to media.

Parents didn't deny it either. They didn't meet with media reps and correct the wording of the statement. These parents don't talk to media or LE-apparently. mo
Lisa is gone. D and J can get back to living their lives.
A cold sadness. mo

the command post is closing, it would appear based on the articles, because they need to re align their resources which happens in any prolonged investigation.

I think it has zero to do with the parents or their lawyers, or what LE has accomplished in the case so far (which we do not know much of)

I think it is a normal course of action considering

:twocents:

Parents didn't deny it either. They didn't meet with media reps and correct the wording of the statement. These parents don't talk to media or LE-apparently. mo
Lisa is gone. D and J can get back to living their lives.
A cold sadness. mo

Parents haven't talked to the media period, on this statement or any other statement made by the lawyers.

folks... there is a thread for the parent discussion:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155420"]Police say parents are not answering vital questions #2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Good bye Lisa, hello, cold case.
This news is always so disheartening, even if expected.

What would you have them do differently ~n/t~?

Sometimes they do have a confession pretty soon. It didn't take long in Tyler Dasher's case, for instance.

I don't know. Maybe give them a false sense of security that they're not the focus of the investigation. This way they don't lawyer up. Will answer questions. Will cooperate. If guilty, they usually mess up along the way.

Tyler Dash was found quickly because mom didn't hide him and of course, connecting her to the crime scene was a no brainer. LE knew immediately upon entering the home that foul play was involved.

LE in the Scott Peterson case did a good job as well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back