711 users online (91 members and 620 guests)  

Websleuths News

MA - Roxbury, HispMale UP9444, 30-55, in woods, multiple tattoos, Sep'11

This UID had several tattoos that could be a clue.

He was found Sept 10 2011 in a wooded area off of Malcolm X Blvd in Roxbury, MA. He was 115 pounds, 65 inches and had curly brown hair, about 3 inches.

His tattoos:
    Right upper arm-"Jovita", Right Lower leg ? "Bozo", Left rib cage-"Snookie", Left Chest- "SJJ" and "JSS"

https://identifyus.org/cases/9444

He had two pairs of shorts and two pairs of socks and a leather bracelet with an eye design.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 03-29-2013 at 02:45 AM.

none of the tatts looked very professionally done.

I never figured out why LE thinks a photograph of the deceased's underwear is going to help anyone identify him.

I'm curious is Jovita is the JSS, and this UID is the SJJ.

10 Malcolm X Blvd is a govt building. It's the address for the Boston Social Security Office and the Roxbury/Dorchester district court. I wonder if LE checked into any connections.

http://socialsecurityhop.com/offices...-massachusetts

http://www.publiccounsel.net/office_...r_offices.html

I live not too far from here. It's a generally well-traveled area, but not the safest of places at night. I agree that one set of the initials could be his name.

According to a couple of name databases, Jovita is generally but not always a girl's name. Popular among Filipinas but not exclusively a Filipina name, and also popular in the Mediterranean. It's derived from the Latin.

In addition to the tats, he has a leather bracelet with a blue "evil eye" stone that looks similar to the ones we saw for sale everywhere in Turkey and Greece. Probably all over the world, for that matter.

eta: I did find a family in Kansas/Nebraska with brothers named or nicknamed Snookie and Jovita. They're too old to be this decedent, however.

I also discovered that Bozo is a legitimate Hispanic surname.
    Last edited by carbuff; 06-05-2014 at 03:14 PM.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

Quote Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
    According to a couple of name databases, Jovita is generally but not always a girl's name. Popular among Filipinas but not exclusively a Filipina name, and also popular in the Mediterranean. It's derived from the Latin.

In addition to the tats, he has a leather bracelet with a blue "evil eye" stone that looks similar to the ones we saw for sale everywhere in Turkey and Greece. Probably all over the world, for that matter.

eta: I did find a family in Kansas/Nebraska with brothers named or nicknamed Snookie and Jovita. They're too old to be this decedent, however.

I also discovered that Bozo is a legitimate Hispanic surname.
    There are quite a few Jovitas in the Boston area (according to my highly scientific Facebook search!). Maybe I should check for "Bozo" too--had no idea that was an actual surname.

Re: the evil eye, it's also big in Latin American and Spanish culture.

There's no word on how this man died, huh? I wish there was a photo or sketch. He's listed as having a recognizable face.

Quote Originally Posted by FiveFelines View Post
    There are quite a few Jovitas in the Boston area (according to my highly scientific Facebook search!). Maybe I should check for "Bozo" too--had no idea that was an actual surname.

Re: the evil eye, it's also big in Latin American and Spanish culture.

There's no word on how this man died, huh? I wish there was a photo or sketch. He's listed as having a recognizable face.
    One babynames website lists Jovita as in the top 25% of popular names in the US, so it doesn't surprise me that you found several on Facebook.

I didn't see anything about how he died. I also can't find any news article about the body being found.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

Quote Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
    One babynames website lists Jovita as in the top 25% of popular names in the US, so it doesn't surprise me that you found several on Facebook.

I didn't see anything about how he died. I also can't find any news article about the body being found.
    on one of the tattoo pix, i think i saw a stab wound (it looks like the body was cleaned up)