WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
111114_sky_metalwala_tb.jpg

http://bellevue.komonews.com/news/911/690857-volunteers-spread-word-about-missing-bellevue-boy

2-year-old Sky Metalwala was last seen around 9:00 am on Sunday, November 6, 2011. Sky's mother reported that her car ran out of gas in Bellevue, Washington at that time. She said she left Sky in the unlocked vehicle and walked with her daughter, who is 4, about a mile to a gas station. When she returned approximately 1 hour later, Sky was missing.
An extensive search of the area turned up no sign of Sky. He was last seen wearing, a grey hooded sweatshirt, black and aqua blue sweatpants, and white socks. The FBI has been called in to assist in the investigation.

NCMEC Poster
Media Links
Interactive Case Map by: nursebeeme

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12

It's very important that if there's anybody that has information about Sky to call in.
TIPLINE: 425-452-2564

We can link to Flickr account as long as its a public site and related to this case. No posting of pics here at Websleuths from Flickr account.

Please Continue Here...

From Bendrn's fascinating link:

Studies of mentally ill
mothers who commit filicide have revealed that the women are older (late 20s,
early 30s) and often married, have less marital and psychosocial stress than
mothers who kill in the context of fatal child abuse, and their children were older
(Stanton & Simpson, 2002; Stanton, Simpson, & Wouldes, 2000). The individuals
within this group differ from the mothers who commit neonaticide because of the
age of the victims, but aside from the age difference killing a child older than one
year indicates a much more profound disruption in emotional or mental status than
does the killing of a newborn (Gold, 2001).
Research suggests that psychiatric conditions are not new to these mothers,
who- as reported in D’Orban’s (1979) study- are frequently in contact with social
workers (60% of sample) and psychiatric services (17% of sample, 10 of 24
mentally ill mothers). The range of possible psychiatric disorders seen in these
kind of offenses is great. In Resnick’s original study in 1969, the mentally ill
mothers were diagnosed with schizophrenia, melancholia, manic depressive
disorders, and character disorders. In the more recent literature, due to the
somewhat recent acknowledgement by the psychological and psychiatric fields,
postpartum illnesses and psychoses are also noted as being prominent diagnoses.
Devotion to the children is not likely to be a protective
factor, and high levels of emotional investment could put the children more at risk,
and this risk could be further escalated by the stress created by the pressure the
women put on themselves to be good mothers (Stanton, Simpson, & Wouldes,
2000). In all clinical situations where a mother (or father) is feared to possibly be
at risk for doing harm to herself or her children, questions should be asked.
Questions concerning the potential for harm of children are rarely asked to mothers
(or fathers), whereas questions regarding suicide are common. It is in these cases –
where mothers (of fathers) show suicidal ideation – that children seem to be at the
highest levels of risk and clinicians should directly inquire about her (or his) plans
for the children (McKee & Shea, 1998; Marleau, et al., 1999; Resnick, as cited in
Pitt & Bale, 1995). The relationship between mother and child is so close, and the
potential for danger when a mother is mentally ill is so high, that when caring for a
patient with children, clinicians should not only consider the needs of the
patient/mother but also those of the children for whom this mother is responsible
(Stanton, Simpson, & Wouldes, 2000). In severe cases, the mother’s stress can
effectively be treated by removing her from the stress of caring for her young
children (Palermo, 2002).

http://www.publications.villanova.edu/Concept/2005/Filicide.pdf

I simply don't know what to snip.. it is a treasure trove!

Domestic violence has allegedly followed Biryukova, who was born in Russia and became a U.S. citizen in 1999.

She described in court documents daily beatings from her parents during much of her childhood. She felt like she could not do anything right, as she was also taken for a variation of electroconvulsive shock treatment in Russia for punitive reasons, according to court records.

The couple met in 1997 when Biryukova, 15, a Bellevue High School sophomore, was invited to a party by Solomon, 21

A Kirkland police report showed a possible beginning to conflict as early as 1999.

Officers were called to a gas station in response to a couple arguing loudly. The report states that the boyfriend and girlfriend were arguing about where to go that night, but the name of the man claiming to be Biryukova’s boyfriend is Solomon’s brother, Sulaiman.

But Biryukova states in court documents that she has been with only Solomon since 1997.

much much much more at this link.... trust me! http://www.redmond-reporter.com/news/134426738.html

**I am thinking a smart reporter got a hold of all the other court documents!

another snip:

But the nature of the relationship changed in 2003, as the couple was seemingly forced to get married.

Testimony in court documents states the couple married on Feb. 10 2003 in Solomon’s mother’s kitchen after Biryukova was approached with an ultimatum - marry Solomon or never see him again after his deportation to Pakistan.

It is unclear why Solomon faced deportation.

Biryukova states in court documents that she hid her reason for marrying Solomon from her parents until 2010.
http://www.redmond-reporter.com/news/134426738.html

this reporter says there will be a part II of this article at some point...

What link nursee?? Omg how could u leave me hanging??

Eta- found it!! Whew!

Originally posted by Rougelatete: Hi, do you have a link to where the court doc says JB had Munchausen by Proxy? I only recall coming across OCD, bipolar, and depression. Personally, I'm not still not seeing evidence of this diagnosis unless there are documents that have not been released. Thanks!

http://images.bimedia.net/documents/Decl+of+Solomon+Metalwala.pdf

Please see Item # 54

In re-reading, I do note that SM does state MSbP as a "theory". I do not know if it was ever proven.

So sorry for mis-spelling your name the first time around, Rougelatete! Please accept my apolgy :/

I don't think there is any new information except the part about the brother-but the names are so similar maybe it was just the wrong spelling and it was actually SM?

I don't think there is any new information except the part about the brother-but the names are so similar maybe it was just the wrong spelling and it was actually SM?

I respectfully disagree...

Julia says she was beaten as a child and even had ECT in Russia..

I respectfully disagree...

Julia says she was beaten as a child and even had ECT in Russia..

I find the ECT claims hard to believe. Who would do that for punitive reasons and to a child? I've never heard of such a thing.

I could swear I read somewhere (probably here) that Solomon changed his name at some point. I don`t remember what his name was though.:waitasec:

Originally posted by Rougelatete: Hi, do you have a link to where the court doc says JB had Munchausen by Proxy? I only recall coming across OCD, bipolar, and depression. Personally, I'm not still not seeing evidence of this diagnosis unless there are documents that have not been released. Thanks!

http://images.bimedia.net/documents/Decl+of+Solomon+Metalwala.pdf

Please see Item # 54

In re-reading, I do note that SM does state MSbP as a "theory". I do not know if it was ever proven.

So sorry for mis-spelling your name the first time around, Rougelatete! Please accept my apolgy :/

Thanks for getting me that link. I read that whole document previously and missed that piece. I'm going to stick with not believing that JB suffered from MBP, as OCD/depression/bipolar were all official diagnoses given to her by mental health professionals (although I take issue with other things they've done or not done). I suspect that what SM is seeing as MBP is probably more the byproduct of JB's abusive, manipulative, and self-serving behavior in general. Glad I could see the actual document!

And....no worries about the name, lol. It's not like it's "Sarah" or something. :)

I could swear I read somewhere (probably here) that Solomon changed his name at some point. I don`t remember what his name was though.:waitasec:

IIRC it was something close to Solomon....Salman, I believe.

I simply don't know what to snip.. it is a treasure trove!

much much much more at this link.... trust me! http://www.redmond-reporter.com/news/134426738.html

**I am thinking a smart reporter got a hold of all the other court documents!

From the above link:
a variation of electroconvulsive shock treatment in Russia for punitive reasons

For punitive reasons? I'm not familiar with Russia, but I can not imagine this being done for punitive reasons. This has left me guessing about JB's parents being aware of her mental illness during childhood and tried to get her treatment as a child.

She thinks she was controlled by SM and she describes him like a Christ-like figure? I'm not a professional but this has me wondering if JB has schizophrenia.

Hopefully one of our verified therapists/psychologists will chime in with their thoughts. These are all very bizzare allegations from JB.

jmo

I find the ECT claims hard to believe. Who would do that for punitive reasons and to a child? I've never heard of such a thing.

Maybe she was exhibiting mental disorders back then and the parents were clueless as to why she was acting up.

This was back in Russia 20 + years ago so who knows.

it could have been for depression

I lived in europe for six years and ect is a very common treatment there for depression.

on the other hand it could have been taken from Julia's declaration which means she could have made something else up..

either way it is highly interesting.

wonder if her mother will comment on it with the reporter she has been emailing with

:twocents:

Interesting that the article says ``Investigators haven`t ruled out the parents``.

Interesting that the article says ``Investigators haven`t ruled out the parents``.

As far as I know LE has been stating no person or theory has been ruled out. Doesn't mean they don't have an unnamed POI or suspect though.

JMO

Sulaiman anglicizes to Solomon. (Yeah, I'm pretty sure I just invented a word :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni