MD MD - Hyattsville, UncFem 30-60, UP2804, prior facial trauma, front teeth slightly misaligned, Nov'65

Bobby88

Whatever happened to Johnnie Herrera?
Reaction score
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1028ufmd.html

Unidentified Black Female

• [*]The victim was discovered on November 15/16, 1965 in Tuxedo ( now Hyattsville), Prince George's County, Maryland
    [*]Estimated Date of Death: 4 months prior
    [*]Partial Skeleton
Vital Statistics

• [*]Estimated age: 30-55 years old
    [*]Approximate Height and Weight: 5'2-5'4"
    [*]Distinguishing Characteristics: Black hair, 3 inches in length, kinky, curly, some gray. Possibly blind in left eye. Scar on left temple 1 1/2 by 2 inches. Old healed fracture of nose and left eye socket, possible fusion of C7 vertebra to ribs, has had children.
    [*]Dentals: Available.
Case History
The victim was located lying in a wooded area near Pennsylvania Railroad Tracks.

I wonder what it was about the remains that led them to think that this woman could have been blind in one eye. I've been unable to find any information about this case anywhere.

The old injuries sounds to me like she was in an abusive relationship. :(

I hadn't thought of that. If that's the case, it may have been the abusive spouse who killed her.

This person probably was not reported as missing. I can find only two African American missing persons' who were LKA in 1965 or earlier - and neither are close to the age of the UID (one is male and 29, other female and 5). If I expand the time frame to missing persons I still cannot find any suitable people who would begn to fit the description of this UID. With no pictures to go off of for the UID that complicates things as well.

It has just been moved, she is still there, wait a little longer and the page redirects you.

It is definitely possible she was in an abusive relationship but other kinds of head trauma could also have caused her problems. She does not appear to have other broken bones than facial bones and broken wrists and/or shoulders and or broken ribs would support spousal abuse even more. However, as I said, it is definitely not out of the question. My guess is that these damages would have been noticeable even when she was alive regardless if she was blind or not. It is sad that no one seems to have reported her.

She has a Namus entry too. https://identifyus.org/en/cases/2804. They've decided she might be mixed race.

"Subject found lying in a wooded area near railroad tracks in Tuxedo, Maryland. Subject was possibly of mixed race, blind in left eye, and may have suffered previous trauma to the nose and left side of the face."

Still no sketch though.

The conclusion that she may have been blind in the left eye appears to be related to the scarring and trauma to the left side of her face. They're describing an injury that ran from the temple through the eye (leaving a scar on the floor of the eye socket) clear to the nose. It would be a miracle if the eye survived that.

Has anyone seen any composite sketches of this person?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back