715 users online (85 members and 630 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Comparing the Ramsey case to other cases

Do you notice any similarities between the Ramsey case and other cases? Or between how John and Patsy acted and how other parents have acted?

I am reading JonBenet: Inside the Ramsey Murder Investigation by Steve Thomas, a leading detective on this case. (I'm on page 279 to be exact (-: )

I am seeing so many similarities between the ramsey and the Baby Lisa cases; especially where the parents in both cases lawyered up and resisted interviews to the detriment of the investigation procedure.

This situation is playing out in the Sky Melalwala case, as well. I am so frustrated with seeing a pattern of moral actions being trumped by legalities!

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by eileenhawkeye View Post
    Or between how John and Patsy acted and how other parents have acted?
    Yep,I always thought JR and Jeffrey MacDonald behave and talk like they were twins...
    The rice is already cooked...

Quote Originally Posted by madeleine View Post
    Yep,I always thought JR and Jeffrey MacDonald behave and talk like they were twins...
    Omg what a thing to say! this just demonstrates the extreme bias there is against the Ramseys.

Jeff MacD was found guilty in a court of law the evidence was overwhelming against him that he slaughtered his whole family. He is a cold hearted psychopath.

John Ramsey is INNOCENT until proven guilty, the evidence is NOT overwhelming against him.

Quote Originally Posted by FairM View Post
    Omg what a thing to say! this just demonstrates the extreme bias there is against the Ramseys.

Jeff MacD was found guilty in a court of law the evidence was overwhelming against him that he slaughtered his whole family. He is a cold hearted psychopath.

John Ramsey is INNOCENT until proven guilty, the evidence is NOT overwhelming against him.
    but this has nothing to do with evidence or a court of law or the extreme bias you are talking about,it's just that one reminds me of the other,their love for tv appearances,they're both charming and have lots of female fans,they both blame it on incompetent cops,they're both using the same lines when talking about their victims,they are both very self confident and calm and sometimes calculated and cold.they both SAY how much they want the killers found but behind the scenes they do nothing.

ETA:they both promote fascinating IDI theories but on the other hand they are so cool and detached when talking about it,I see no anger,rage whatsoever when they are talking about the brutal monsters who killed their family members,weird huh.
    Last edited by madeleine; 11-26-2011 at 05:16 AM.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSrlPlhUgr8&feature=related"]March 27, 2000 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAHTB73f6t0"]'48 Hrs.' on Jeffrey MacDonald 1/5 - YouTube[/ame]

I agree with Madeleine's reasonings, but I'd throw in Dr. Sam Sheppard, too. All three of them are psychopaths, and dearly love to be in the spotlight.

Edit-- I would also add Charles Lindbergh. I just don't buy his story.
    Last edited by Alix; 11-26-2011 at 12:30 PM. Reason: adding info

Off the top of my head:
    Baby Lisa
    Sky
    Darlie Routier
    and I agree with Alix about Charles Lindbergh

I haven't followed Sky's case at all. What are the similarities?

Quote Originally Posted by eileenhawkeye View Post
    I haven't followed Sky's case at all. What are the similarities?
    The biggest similarity to me is the fact that Sky's mother says her child was abducted, and she is not being forthcoming with LE.

ETA: I just thought of another case I think is comparable to JBR. That is Madeleine McCann.

Nah I don't think the McCann's seem content to just sit back and let Maddie's disappearance fade into obscurity in the same way that the Ramsey's were content to let Jonbenet's murder go unsolved.

I get the impression they were not the type of couple who would let somebody do this to them and get away with it.

Thanks for posting these. I don't see the similarities, JM clearly does love the camera and his smug looks are quite nauseating, I dont see that with john he is far more uncomfortable in front of the camera.

Omg , people still doubt Charles Linderburg??? and the McCanns , no way , people will see others as guilty and be quite happy to judge based on little or no evidence, I'm not like that.

All I said in my post was that the McCann case is "comparable" to the JBR case. The McCann case is still unsolved, is it not? Both cases involve little girls and both remain unsolved-that's why I compared them.

Quote Originally Posted by Squishified View Post
    All I said in my post was that the McCann case is "comparable" to the JBR case. The McCann case is still unsolved, is it not? Both cases involve little girls and both remain unsolved-that's why I compared them.
    No hardly comparable at all on that basis , apart from the fact they were both girls one 6 and the other 3 and its unsolved-so what? apart from that nothing else.!!

Thanks for posting these. I don't see the similarities, JM clearly does love the camera and his smug looks are quite nauseating, I dont see that with john he is far more uncomfortable in front of the camera.

guess it depends on who you ask.there were times when I was tempted to believe JMCD,he's THAT good.never felt like this about JR though,always had the feeling he's hiding SOMETHING.

Omg , people still doubt Charles Linderburg??? and the McCanns , no way , people will see others as guilty and be quite happy to judge based on little or no evidence, I'm not like that.
    I don't think the McCanns killed their daughter.police work in that case was a DISGRACE,it makes me sick and so does officer Amaral,he's full of cr@p,he's a liar IMO. his documentary was a bad bad joke.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast