812 users online (136 members and 676 guests)  

Websleuths News

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."

Shopping Magnate Fred Meijer Dies

Last Updated: November 26. 2011 1:00AM.

Meijer shopping magnate dies at age 91

Fred Meijer, the billionaire shopping center magnate who helped create one-stop shopping, died Friday morning, a company official confirmed. He was 91.

Meijer had a stroke early Friday morning and was taken to Spectrum Health System in Grand Rapids, where he died...

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20111126/...#ixzz1epDnl6Hb

Brief article: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/F...k/-/index.html

oh man do i love meijer stores. its one of the things i've missed most since i moved from michigan. RIP Mr. Meijer.

RIP Mr. Meijer, you and your father Hendrik are inspirations to everyone.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_the_puppy View Post
    oh man do i love meijer stores. its one of the things i've missed most since i moved from michigan. RIP Mr. Meijer.
    Don't know how long ago you moved or when you last visited a Meijer store, but they have changed quite a bit in recent years. The newer stores, or even those that have been renovated, are much more upscale than previously. They've scaled back on housewares, home goods, clothing, etc. and are now focused more on fresh produce, gourmet foods, world cuisine, ready-to-go meals, deli, butcher shop, bakery, huge wine department The newer stores have spacious aisles, bright lighting, bank, hair/nail salon, Starbucks, drycleaning, pharmacy, etc. Definitely not your grandmother's Meijer but true to the original concept of one-stop-shopping for which Mr. Meijer was best known.