1120 users online (223 members and 897 guests)  

Websleuths News

Central Florida

FL - Mom takes toddler to party and loses her! Volusia County

Huh? I think there's more to this story...like who does the child belong to? Why wasn't this on the news as a missing child...or did I miss this? Where is the child now?

"WOFL - The Volusia County Sheriff's office has found 1-year-old Lupita Gonzalez who was last seen Friday.

"Deputies said she was found under a bush in a field. Lupita was taken to a hospital to be checked out, she appeared to be physically ok.

Lupita Gonzalez was reported missing around 4:42 a.m. Saturday.

According to deputies the caller told dispatchers he went to a party on Thursday and got drunk. The caller seemed confused and could not remember much."

Read more: http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news...#ixzz1eqw662ZA
    Last edited by Salem; 11-26-2011 at 07:45 PM.
    "Life is life's greatest gift. Guard the life of another creature as you would your own because it is your own. On life's scale of values, the smallest is no less precious to the creature who owns it than the largest..." Lloyd Biggle, Jr.

Let's bring Michelle Parker home: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ichelle+parker

All statements made by me are based on my opinion.

what a bizarre, nonchalant newsstory??

I agree, they certainly seem light on details. Very odd.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

PIERSON, Fla. -- The mother of a 1-year-old girl found in a wooded area in Volusia County and the man who reported her missing have been arrested in the child's disappearance.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/11/2...#ixzz1eqyunA6J

A missing child alert has been issued by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement for Lupita Gonzalez.

Read more: http://www.wpbf.com/news/29862540/de...#ixzz1eqzI9FNB

wow, this case certainly stayed under the radar. From what I can gather, mom and dad were out in the sticks partying with illegal drugs and "oops" lost track of their toddler who they brought with them to the party.

Poor punkin. Glad she has been found and hope mom and dad are not left in charge of her again!
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

Thank God she was found alive. So many things could have happened to her. I hope they didn't return her to the parents and don't until they prove themselves worthy. Drug rehab, parenting classes. and anything else needed to straighten them out.

She is beautiful!
    A parole review date is set for July 21, 2012 for Fred Howard Coffey.

Coffey was convicted of the murder of 10 yr old Amanda Marie Ray, NC. He admitted to molesting 300 children.

Please write a letter on behalf of Amanda.

Suspect in the murders of:
    5 yr old Neely Smith, NC
    14 yr old Kathy Lynn Beatty, MD
    8 yr old Travis Shane King, VA

Possibly connected to the disappearances of:
    14 Yr old Tracy Anne King, PA
    11 yr old Sheila and 13 yr old Katherine Lyons, MD
    15 yr old Carolyn Majane, NJ

Write to:
    Chairman Charles L. Mann Sr.
    NC Post Release Supervision & Parole Commission
    P.O. Box 29540
    Raleigh, NC 27626-0540
    RE: Fred Howard Coffey, DOC# 0081135
    or send an email to parole@doc.state.nc.us

Pierson Is out in the sticks. Think fern growers with itinerant workers. I highly doubt parenting classes or the like would help. Glad the mother was arrested and I pray that little girl gets better care from now on.

According to a release, Rivera told police he paid Wiley to have sex with him, but became upset when they were interrupted.

Wiley is charged with child neglect for failing to report her daughter missing. She told police that she suspected that Rivera took her daughter, but didn't want to report her as missing because then the child's father would find out she had sex with Rivera.
    Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/11/26...#ixzz1euxGuEEj

losers, both of them

LadyL is offline Sleuthing for Lonzie Barton & All Victims.
    sterilization is the best (currently illegal) option here

(other than the firing squad of course)

oops, did I say that out loud?

This may be a very unpopular reaction, but I have to say it. THIS^^^^ is an example of a time when I think, imo, a baby should be relinquished by the mother and given to an adoptive family for a whole new life. This 'mother' takes her 1 yr old with her to a prostitution gig, out in the woods at midnight, and does not report her missing, because she does not want her husband to be mad at her. Is there any way that this poor baby is going to have a nice, safe , happy childhood with this woman as her mother? I doubt it. I believe we are going to hear about this child again in the news someday and it won't be a happy ending.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

West Palm Beach (Palm Beach County) Florida
    I hate to have these thoughts..but I hope this man did not hurt this baby girl in any way...

December 2012 - Carlos Torres Rivera sentenced to 15 years for kidnapping and 5 years for child abuse. Current release date February 2026.

Leah Jo Wiley was sentenced Sept 2013 to four years probation for child neglect.