CO CO - Scott "Hannibal" Kimball *merged*

shadowraiths

LISK Liaison, Verified Forensic Psychology Special
Staff member
Reaction score
Serial killer pleads guilty
Last Update: 10/08 6:26 pm

BOLDER, Colorado (ABC 4 News) - A former FBI witness turned serial killer pleaded guilty this afternoon.

He admitted to killing four people including his uncle.

[...]

Kimball's rampage began after he convinced the FBI to let him out of prison in 2002 to work as an informant.
Full article: click here

How did he convince the FBI to let him out of jail in the first place?!

How did he convince the FBI to let him out of jail in the first place?!
That's what i want to know too! :waitasec:
Somehow he convinced them to let him out to be an FBI informant..
What was he locked up for to begin with..?

With notorious serial killer Scott Lee Kimball behind bars for 70 years -- convicted earlier this week in the murders of three women and a man -- the question inevitably arises: Are there more victims out there?

"I'd say the chances are 50-50," Boulder County District Attorney Stan Garnett said Friday. "Kimball is certainly capable of it -- he's said things to make you think he has, but we have no solid leads."

Garnett said Kimball, 43, has bragged to others that he has committed "dozens" of murders, but investigators were only able to make a case in the disappearances of Kaysi McLeod, 19, of Westminster; Jennifer Marcum, 25, of Aurora; LeAnn Emry, 24, of Centennial; and Kimball's 60-year-old uncle, Terry.
http://www.dailycamera.com/news/ci_13529274

In the captions of one of the pictures, the FBI is asking the public for help in identifying a woman in the picture.

It says the pictures came from his camera, but they have no idea who the woman is.

Actually it shows 2 pictures, of a blonde woman, who appears to be standing in a wooded area.

I wonder who she is, if she also became a victim, and if she may still be in the woods in which she is standing?

That was the first thing i wondered also... The picture in the woods quite odd.

That was the first thing i wondered also... The picture in the woods quite odd.
Yeah, it actually gave me a little chill looking at it.

Made me wonder if he killed her right after taking her picture.

In the article that the photos accompany, it describes how he played 'head games' with one of the victims mother, father and sister. Chilling.

Well, also if you notice she seems to be posing somewhat in the first picture.. the 2nd picture almost looks like she didnt know it was taken and he seems to be slightly higher then her.

Serial killer pleads guilty
Last Update: 10/08 6:26 pm

Full article: click here

This is just an amazing story and so scary. I too wonder as others do what he heck they were thinking letting this guy out of prison in the first place...:furious:

You would think they could have found a better informant. Eating crow is what they will have to do and how sad these deaths had to happen for no good reason at all.

Thanks for the story and follow up.

Gozgals

Convicted serial killer Scott Kimball taunted his victims' families and the prosecution from behind bars last week, claiming the public was hoodwinked into thinking he would spend the rest of his life in prison for the murders of four people.

The Boulder County District Attorney's Office struck back immediately, saying Kimball was once again attempting to twist the truth and prey on people's emotions.

Kimball, 43, pleaded guilty in October to two counts of second-degree murder in the deaths of Jennifer Marcum, Kaysi McLeod, LeAnn Emry and his uncle, Terry Kimball.

He was given a 70-year prison sentence with eligibility for parole after 35 years.
http://www.dailycamera.com/news/ci_14031609

FBI trying to link serial murderer Kimball to other disappearances

08/14/2010
http://www.denverpost.com/ci_15774761#ixzz1es6pWQUl

"An ongoing federal investigation has zeroed in on FBI informant- turned-serial-killer Scott Kimball as a potential suspect in "several" unsolved disappearances, The Denver Post has learned.
<snip>
Garnett noted that "Kimball has been active and has traveled a lot as he's been involved in these cases."
Among the documents that were released by Garnett's office is a page of handwritten notes detailing Kimball's travels in early 2003. According to that paper, he traveled to Wyoming, California, Washington, Montana and Alaska &#8212; and various parts of Colorado &#8212; between January and June 2003."
Hamilton, Mont.
Spokane, Wash. (late 90's)
Cordova, Alaska (early 2000's)
Indian Wells, Calif.
Pretty much anywhere in Colorado
Seattle, Washington
Nothing about New Mexico, as was rumored in 2009.
I've not seen references, other than in the above article, to Wyoming, so not sure where in Wyoming.

Nearly two decades after authorities began connecting the dots to uncover the grisly truth behind four missing people linked to Scott Kimball, a Colorado FBI informant and serial killer, his sons are breaking their silence.

Kimball’s sons, Justin and Cody Kimball, who were just children at the time of the killing spree, are discussing for the first time details around what they claim is their father’s attempt to kill Justin when he was just 10 years old.

“I just remember thinking, ‘This guy is going to kill me, and he's obviously making it look like an accident. No one's going to know because I'm going to be dead,’” Justin, now age 29, said in an exclusive interview with “20/20's" John Quiñones.

One evening in July 2004, Scott Kimball and his two boys were out in the backyard digging holes and chasing mice. Justin said that when Cody went inside the house, his father told Justin to dig a hole in a specific spot while keeping his eyes on the horizon.

"[It] felt like I saw a bunch of stars, flashes in front of my face, and then came the big wham," Justin said. "I heard it hitting me."

[---]

Investigators already knew that Scott Kimball said he had been hunting on the day Kaysi McLeod disappeared. While executing a search warrant of Kimball’s belongings, Grusing had found a receipt for a grocery store in Walden, Colorado, which is surrounded by National Forest land.

Grusing called the Forest Service and learned that a hunter had recently found a skull on the ground in the area.

“Based upon what Scott had said, based upon the receipt, based upon the godforsaken place this hiker was recovered, I had a really good notion it was Kaysi,” Grusing said.

Grusing was right, and the confirmation was a turning point in the investigation.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmdigital
Back