1113 users online (216 members and 897 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MI - Detroit, WhtFem UP7702, 35-50, in vacant house, Jul'05

https://identifyus.org/cases/7702

Detroit Police Officers discovered a badly decomposed body in a vacant dwelling located near Grand River Ave and 14th St. (on Wabash) on 7-13-05. The body was nude and appeared to have been drug into the abandoned house. Estimated postmortem interval of 30 days.

Description: Height estimated at 5'3". Short reddish brown hairs were found with the remaining tissues. It appeared that the hair was greying and my have broken off due to the state of decomposition. Eye color unknown. No other identifying features listed.

DNA: DNA is listed as available, not yet submitted.

Dentals: Almost all teeth were antemortem loss. Comments provided as follows:

Poor Oral Hygiene.
    Severe disuse atrophy of the jaws. Those teeth remaining have been so destroyed by caries cavities that they are represented by hollowed out roots and bits of rotting crown precariously attached to the jaw.

Dental chart viewable in NamUs.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 03-28-2013 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Removed image that was too large

Laura Alber??

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/6850/0/

She's a little tall, but I do see a resemblance. Also, we do shrink a little when we age, right? She has been missing/homeless since 1990. The circumstances, location, would seem to make sense. The age is slightly older.

I definitely see the resemblance. Especially from the side view...

I think she's a good possible. 15 years is definitely a long enough time for her teeth to all go.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far. - Joe Walsh

I submitted Laura as a possible match. I will let y'all know if I hear anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Eyes View Post
    Poor Oral Hygiene.
    Severe disuse atrophy of the jaws. Those teeth remaining have been so destroyed by caries cavities that they are represented by hollowed out roots and bits of rotting crown precariously attached to the jaw.

Dental chart viewable in NamUs.
    I don't know that I've ever read such a graphic description of dental decay. my teeth literally hurt reading this. I can't imagine how much pain that must have caused, unless the deceased was so drugged out to obliterate the pain.

I submitted Laura as a possible match. I will let y'all know if I hear anything.
    whether this is Laurie or not they won't know. Laurie had no dental or DNA, the UID had almost no teeth left and no DNA results yet.

in short, there is nothing for them to compare.

Quote Originally Posted by webrocket View Post
    I don't know that I've ever read such a graphic description of dental decay. my teeth literally hurt reading this. I can't imagine how much pain that must have caused, unless the deceased was so drugged out to obliterate the pain.
    Whenever I hear of such bad teeth I always jump to the conclusion of a meth user. Its like living with 5x the speed of normal aging.....

It says DNA sample is available, not yet submitted. Perhaps if there is a possibility of a match they will expedite? The possibility of DNA on the UID side gives me hope.

I imagine prolonged homelessness could make it difficult to maintain good dental hygiene. Most shelters can give out things like toothpaste and toothbrushes, but when the body is malnourished, that can impact dental health too.

It says DNA sample is available, not yet submitted. Perhaps if there is a possibility of a match they will expedite? The possibility of DNA on the UID side gives me hope.
    I know the UID has DNA tests pending. the MP has no DNA sample so whether they expedite the UID or not there is no DNA for this MP.

Quote Originally Posted by webrocket View Post
    I know the UID has DNA tests pending. the MP has no DNA sample so whether they expedite the UID or not there is no DNA for this MP.
    Yes, but it doesn't say whether they have nucDNA or mtDNA. If they have mtDNA, they can get DNA from a family member to compare. I do realize that all of this depends on if there is a family member around and how motivated they are to solve this case if there is....all we can do is try.

P
    Laura Alber??

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/6850/0/

She's a little tall, but I do see a resemblance. Also, we do shrink a little when we age, right? She has been missing/homeless since 1990. The circumstances, location, would seem to make sense. The age is slightly older.

Laura now has DNA available however the UID still does not, this seems to be taking a long time to be submitted?
    Trust Your Instincts

Hi ya everybody,

I came across this case and wonder if it could be by any chance Jeanine Lee Warner, missing about 35 days prior? I can't find any other picture than the one with the head piece, which is a shame and no smiling picture to find out the state of her teeth, but hey. What do you think?

warner_jeanine.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...r_jeanine.html

Quote Originally Posted by DutchSarah View Post
    Hi ya everybody,

I came across this case and wonder if it could be by any chance Jeanine Lee Warner, missing about 35 days prior? I can't find any other picture than the one with the head piece, which is a shame and no smiling picture to find out the state of her teeth, but hey. What do you think?

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...r_jeanine.html

Unidentified is estimated to be 5'3", Jeanine Lee Warner is 5'11" - 6'00. Unidentified max age is 50, Jeanine disappeared when she was 55. Dates don't conflict and greying hair is a match though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast