WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
111114_sky_metalwala_tb.jpg

http://bellevue.komonews.com/news/911/690857-volunteers-spread-word-about-missing-bellevue-boy

2-year-old Sky Metalwala was last seen around 9:00 am on Sunday, November 6, 2011. Sky's mother reported that her car ran out of gas in Bellevue, Washington at that time. She said she left Sky in the unlocked vehicle and walked with her daughter, who is 4, about a mile to a gas station. When she returned approximately 1 hour later, Sky was missing.
An extensive search of the area turned up no sign of Sky. He was last seen wearing, a grey hooded sweatshirt, black and aqua blue sweatpants, and white socks. The FBI has been called in to assist in the investigation.

NCMEC Poster
Media Links
Interactive Case Map by: nursebeeme

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13

It's very important that if there's anybody that has information about Sky to call in.
TIPLINE: 425-452-2564

We can link to Flickr account as long as its a public site and related to this case. No posting of pics here at Websleuths from Flickr account.

Please Continue Here...

"The boy’s father, Solomon Metalwala, will appear on CNN Monday night at 4 p.m."
I'm not sure if this means CNN actually or HLN?

In repsonse to that post on the last thread: I checked my local listings and the only show I could find that SM could be on is NG. That's on CNN. Although I don't know what time zone 4 pm is referring to.

"The boy’s father, Solomon Metalwala, will appear on CNN Monday night at 4 p.m."
I'm not sure if this means CNN actually or HLN?

In repsonse to that post on the last thread: I checked my local listings and the only show I could find that SM could be on is NG. That's on CNN. Although I don't know what time zone 4 pm is referring to.

Just wanted to clarify that NG is on HLN which I believe is a subsidary of CNN (to confuse everyone here).

Just wanted to clarify that NG is on HLN which I believe is a subsidary of CNN (to confuse everyone here).

So it is! Haha. I somehow read the wrong line of my TV Guide and thought it said she was on CNN.
I want to watch it, but I don't think I'll be home tonight :(

I'm looking forward to the AMW episode! :D

I noticed in the last thread about AMW doing an episode on Sky on December 1. I just checked my cable TV and it shows that AMW is on Friday, December 2, 2011 @9:00 PM EST on Lifetime.

Is AMW airing on December 1st in the Washington State area?

Did anyone watch HLN and see Solomon?

I didn't :( But then again, I don't know for sure what show he would have been on.
I was thinking NG (which is on now), but it's about that missing Florida woman.

I noticed in the last thread about AMW doing an episode on Sky on December 1. I just checked my cable TV and it shows that AMW is on Friday, December 2, 2011 @9:00 PM EST on Lifetime.

Is AMW airing on December 1st in the Washington State area?

MSM has been updated to indicate Sky's case will air on America's Most Wanted on Friday Dec 2. Thurs was an error.

hth

Nothing we didn't already know...
http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474980830383

It seems that the police think Sky wasn't even in the car that morning.
"In fact, police are speculating that the boy may not have even been in the vehicle the day his mother reported him missing."

From the Search for Sky facebook page:

"Solomon Metalwala and his attorney, Clay Terry, appeared on CNN earlier tonight http://kiro.tv/tsexOF Click the link to see part of their appearance and hear additional comments from Solomon to KIRO 7's Chris Legeros."

ETA: I just watched the video at that link. I saw nothing of their CNN interview. I transcribed what was said for those that are unable to listen (nothing new, btw).

KIRO 7 Reporter: New strategies tonight as the search for Sky is now in its 4th week. Just minutes ago we talked with the 2 year olds father about the nationwide appeal he made within the past hour.

One parent going on national tv tonight to find his missing 2 year old son, the other continuing her silence about the disappearance of Sky Metalwala 3 weeks ago. KIRO 7’s Chris Legeros spoke to a former FBI agent today about this case. He’s live for us now in Seattle. Chris..

Chris Legeros: Steve I just got done talking with Solomon Metalwala within the last ½ hour. The father is working to set-up a website he says now to help find his missing son and he plans to continue passing out fliers - this time in the Redmond area on Saturday - hoping someone will step up and say they know where Sky is.

Solomon Metalwala appears live on CNN this evening as he once again appeals for help finding his missing 2 year old son, Sky. It’s been 3 weeks since his mother said she left the little boy in a car in Bellevue when she ran out of gas, only to return to find him missing.

Cuts to video of Solomon (he had just exited a building with his attorney)

Solomon Metalwala: I will not stop until I find my son. My son is out there someplace, and the media is going to help, and they’re willing to help and I’m going to be in the front center to get my son back.

Chris Legeros: Metalwala and his attorney, Clay Terry, are doing everything they can to keep his search in the public eye and active. We’ve learned that the show America’s Most Wanted will also broadcast a segment on Sky Metalwala December 2nd – that’s this Friday. But after 3 weeks, Bellevue Police tell us they still don’t have any suspects. No arrests have been made. They question the mother’s version of what November 6th, but haven’t been able to get her to consent to a face-to-face interview since Sky went missing. Something that makes no sense at all to Mary Ellen O’Toole, former FBI Agent and Criminal Profiler, who spoke to us on the phone.

Dr. Mary Ellen O’Toole (on the phone): Even if you dislike law enforcement, or even hate the FBI, to cut-off the one group of people that can bring your child home to you, makes no sense and I’ve worked a lot of child abductions.

Chris Legeros: We asked Bellevue Police today: After 3 weeks, are you scaling back your efforts or pulling out any of your resources, to deal with other police issues? And the answer was this: that they’re constantly re-evaluating resources, redistributing, and redeploying them, if necessary. But, Officer Carla Iafrate said the investigation is still going full steam ahead, with investigators still working out of an emergency operation center that was set-up 2 days after Sky disappeared. The FBI is still very much involved with this case. And Solomon Metalwala has full confidence in what the police, and the FBI, are doing to find his son.

I am just so amazed at how much hope SM has that his son is alive :)
Does he actually believe Sky is still alive or is he just trying to block out the alternative, which would be that Sky is dead? At least he's trying to find his son. I can't say that about Julia. I don't think even think she's taken a poly yet, am I correct?

Unfortunately :( I feel bad for SM...and M as well. She is without her little brother and from the pictures I have been able to see, it looks like she loved him a lot.
I just wish Julia would come clean and tell LE where Sky is!

Has she been seen at all in public? any pics of her besides the ones the police released?

From the Search for Sky facebook page:

"Solomon Metalwala and his attorney, Clay Terry, appeared on CNN earlier tonight http://kiro.tv/tsexOF Click the link to see part of their appearance and hear additional comments from Solomon to KIRO 7's Chris Legeros."

ETA: I just watched the video at that link. I saw nothing of their CNN interview. I transcribed what was said for those that are unable to listen (nothing new, btw).

KIRO 7 Reporter: New strategies tonight as the search for Sky is now in its 4th week. Just minutes ago we talked with the 2 year olds father about the nationwide appeal he made within the past hour.

One parent going on national tv tonight to find his missing 2 year old son, the other continuing her silence about the disappearance of Sky Metalwala 3 weeks ago. KIRO 7’s Chris Legeros spoke to a former FBI agent today about this case. He’s live for us now in Seattle. Chris..

Chris Legeros: Steve I just got done talking with Solomon Metalwala within the last ½ hour. The father is working to set-up a website he says now to help find his missing son and he plans to continue passing out fliers - this time in the Redmond area on Saturday - hoping someone will step up and say they know where Sky is.

Solomon Metalwala appears live on CNN this evening as he once again appeals for help finding his missing 2 year old son, Sky. It’s been 3 weeks since his mother said she left the little boy in a car in Bellevue when she ran out of gas, only to return to find him missing.

Cuts to video of Solomon (he had just exited a building with his attorney)

Solomon Metalwala: I will not stop until I find my son. My son is out there someplace, and the media is going to help, and they’re willing to help and I’m going to be in the front center to get my son back.

Chris Legeros: Metalwala and his attorney, Clay Terry, are doing everything they can to keep his search in the public eye and active. We’ve learned that the show America’s Most Wanted will also broadcast a segment on Sky Metalwala December 2nd – that’s this Friday. But after 3 weeks, Bellevue Police tell us they still don’t have any suspects. No arrests have been made. They question the mother’s version of what November 6th, but haven’t been able to get her to consent to a face-to-face interview since Sky went missing. Something that makes no sense at all to Mary Ellen O’Toole, former FBI Agent and Criminal Profiler, who spoke to us on the phone.

Dr. Mary Ellen O’Toole (on the phone): Even if you dislike law enforcement, or even hate the FBI, to cut-off the one group of people that can bring your child home to you, makes no sense and I’ve worked a lot of child abductions.

Chris Legeros: We asked Bellevue Police today: After 3 weeks, are you scaling back your efforts or pulling out any of your resources, to deal with other police issues? And the answer was this: that they’re constantly re-evaluating resources, redistributing, and redeploying them, if necessary. But, Officer Carla Iafrate said the investigation is still going full steam ahead, with investigators still working out of an emergency operation center that was set-up 2 days after Sky disappeared. The FBI is still very much involved with this case. And Solomon Metalwala has full confidence in what the police, and the FBI, are doing to find his son.

Thank you for transcribing bree' :blowkiss:

Nothing we didn't already know...
http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474980830383

It seems that the police think Sky wasn't even in the car that morning.
"In fact, police are speculating that the boy may not have even been in the vehicle the day his mother reported him missing."

At least it's something. But I'd like a presser right about now.

At least it's something. But I'd like a presser right about now.

I think Monday's 'presser' came by the way of MSM announcing Sky's case will be featured on America's Most Wanted this Friday evening, which appears to be the premier on Lifetime since the show was cancelled a few months back by Fox.

Lifetime has a lot of fans and I'm sure in addition to the current loyal Lifetime viewers, they'll be gaining all of those loyal Fox fans who were terribly upset when Fox cancelled the show.

I wonder how Julia feels right about now that those not so stunning photo's of her in the days prior to Sky's disappearance will not only be making national news via Lifetime, I think those shows eventually air worldwide. Not to mention it won't be long before her lack of cooperation with LE goes worldwide.

I know from other cases here it is incredibly difficult to get a case featured on AMW.
I find myself wondering how many other shows might pick up the story as a result of the AMW, Disappeared which appears on Discovery ID comes to mind as well.

I'm really thankful Sky has one parent fighting for him. ( And still holding out hope the other will choose her missing child over her hatred towards her childrens father ).

Hopefully this Friday's airing of AWM will bring in the tips to help LE locate Sky and bring charges against the person responsible for his disappearance.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member