GA - Malecia Hines, 4, stabbed to death by mom, Atlanta, 28 Nov 2011

ugh, sickening. poor babies.

I'm sure she was mental, but frankly I don't care. good riddance - it's not worth the trial and trying to understand what her state of mind was.

http://www.ajc.com/news/police-shoot-kill-mother-1243652.html

The child, who was 4 years old according to a neighbor, also died in the home...

The woman also is accused of choking her 8-year-old son and then thrown out a window, police said. The boy ran to a neighbor's home, where he called 911...

They are saying they don't know if the child was also shot. So I guess there is a possibility that in the 10-16 shots that LE got off that the child could have been hit.

A neighbor woman said that she was her friend and she wasn't like that. To me that indicates that the woman probably wasn't too bad if she was mental.

I do wonder if there is something in the water or the air or something. It seems pretty frequent now that I see where somebody or other just seems to 'snap' and kill their kids, their spouses, neighbors or others and don't seem to have a clear motive anymore.

ugh, sickening. poor babies.

I'm sure she was mental, but frankly I don't care. good riddance - it's not worth the trial and trying to understand what her state of mind was.

It might be worth understanding her state of mind to her surviving son and her adult brother, along with any other family she might have. They may be somewhat comforted to know that she was ill as opposed to evil. She may not have chosen to become mentally ill. Not many do. It also would benefit society as a whole to understand the mentally ill rather than just discard them. It does not sound to me as though she was a psychopath who enjoyed killing for killings sake or I would think she would have killed them before now. Maybe drugs played a part in this. Knowledge is key.

Woman tries to choke 8 year old son, throws him out a window... then tapes 4 year old daughter's face and stabs her repeatedly in the neck.

I have tried relentlessly to find a picture of Malecia Hines.
I have been unsuccessful. If someone does please let me know.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, when Farmer made the call to summon police, he told the 911 operator that Hines was claiming to be God, able to bring the children back after killing them.

She had attempted to choke the boy then thrown him out the window

Then she had then locked herself inside with her daughter, who had Down syndrome.

After police burst in and shot Hines to death,
they found that she had bound the girl's face "from eyebrows to neck" with tape.
The child died of asphyxiation as well as multiple stab wounds, according to the Fulton County Medical Examiner's report.

http://www.ajc.com/news/year-before-murder-no-1248606.html

Another woman said she had repeatedly seen Hines slap the children and even threaten their lives.

“She said that if they think they can take my kids, I will kill them first,”
said Tyisha Jackson, who said the conversation took place on Nov. 19. Jackson said that when she asked about Hines' kids, the mother exploded, saying, "I'm tired of people asking about my kids."

---------------------------------------------------------------

"She had a lot of problems with her kids,"
Jackson said. "She couldn't feed them or clothe them. The kids always looked raggedy."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hill said she grieves for the children.

She said Malecia would run up and hug her every time she visited. “She was very smart even though she was a Down’s syndrome child.

She was very loving,”
she said.

The son had been taught to feel responsible for his sister,
she said.
“Her brother really loved her [the little girl]. His mother told him to always look out for his little sister.”

After the deaths, she said, he told his uncle he had failed.

http://www.ajc.com/news/mom-in-stabbing-struggled-1245459.html

Hines walked around the house naked, calling herself God and chasing her brother out of the house with a butcher knife, the brother told investigators.

The file says that the brother did not call police about her behavior because he thought it would pass.

The next day,
Monday, Nov. 28, she tried to choke her son, threw him out of a window, then wrapped her daughter's face with cellophane tape and stabbed the girl to death just before police arrived and shot Hines when she refused to put down the knife.

A DFCS case worker talked to the eight-year-old boy a few hours later.
After a big sigh, he said, "I am having a strange day ... My mom was choking me real hard and stabbed my sister ... she is probably an angel now."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

**** More graphic***

Two Atlanta police officers, responding to a 911 call at the Hines home Monday afternoon, discovered the girl's mother, 40-year-old Carulus Hines, stabbing her repeatedly.

Police Maj. Keith Meadows said the officers shot and killed Hines when she refused to stop and put down the knife.

He said when the two officers broke into the house, responding to the 911 call, they found Hines holding her daughter, stabbing her in the neck with a knife repeatedly.

The girl's "whole face was wrapped in Scotch tape,"
the detective said.

"I've supervised more than 1,200 murders and this was a first for me.

There was moisture behind the tape, some air was getting through.

The girl was still alive, gasping for breath, when the mother started stabbing her."
:sick:

http://losangeles.pointslocal.com/s...psy-mom-not-police-killed-4-year-old-daughter

I have an 8, almost 9 year old daughter with Down syndrome.
I have a hard time even getting angry at her when she does something to intentionally make me mad.

This baby knew her mother was doing this to her. She was confused. Wondering why.
Why she was being taped. Why she was being stabbed. Why Mommy was doing this to her.
:sick:

This literally made me physically ill. I cried... I am a visual person and I immediately pictured this happening like I was watching a movie.
If you feel your kids are better off dead, I can wrap my brain around that even if I don't agree.

But you can't even have the mercy for your own children to just drug them or something? Let them die peacefully?
You have to kill them violently? Why? I cannot wrap my brain around that. Not even a little bit.

And I am not even going to start on the neighbors, friends and family who knew something was wrong and didn't do anything.
Because I am honestly not all that angry at this mother, mentally ill people often can't recognize the seriousness of the situation.
I am MORE angry at the bystanders who let this child stay there in the first place, when they DID know how serious it was.

I have intervened when a mother has said her children "would be better off in heaven..." and these people just sat back.
Yet another one where people could have saved this child, repeatedly and nobody felt it necessary to intervene.

crying. I have no intellegent thoughts to add. Just tears to offer.

So sad for everyone involved. Heartbreaking.

My heart breaks for the big brother. I know how seriously my son takes his job of watching out for his little sister. This poor sweet boy must be devastated by all of this. I hope he has a safe warm home and a place to help him heal. The holidays are going to be tough, from here on out.

This made me physically ill, I have no words right now. RIP Angel baby, may your brother find peace and know this was not his failure. :cry:

So, wait, the mother's brother was the one that she was chasing around naked with a butcher knife the day before she went after the kids? Call me silly, but if someone is chasing me around naked, waving a knife, there is no way I'm not calling the cops. That is not just a phase she is going through, that will not pass. Sister or not, I'd be calling the cops.

The neighbors knew she couldn't care for them. Her brother knew she was out of it. What more do you need to pick up a phone? That poor little girl, but for me, even worse for her brother. The girl is above all this now, and she is forever out of pain, her brother will have to deal with his percieved failure every day for the rest of his life.

It sounds like this woman suffered some kind of psychotic episode, like Andrea Yates. naked and chasing people with a knife? saying she is God? and no one thought to call police about it? Wtf people, if you see signs that someone is deteriorating mentally, GET HELP. Don't just hope for the best, or assume it will pass!

These poor children. I am grief stricken thinking that that little guy feels like he failed. no honey, the adults around you failed, when they didn't get help for you and your sister, and yes, your mother too. :cry:

Tape. I get the feeling we'll be seeing more of that, thanks to the evil Anthony. moo

May the two surviving brothers (of mother and child) cling to one another for strength and support. This mother sounds mentally ill, imo. Counseling should help them both, and by the grace of God, they'll get some.

I still cannot find a single picture of Precious Malecia.
(Or is it Nalecia, can't even get her name right?)

Not one.
No family member that I can find, has her picture up in memory of her (or her picture up at all.)
Even the brother who was there, who talks about having nightmares on his facebook... doesn't have a picture there.

No tribute page made in her memory.
It's been over a month now.

Did nobody care about this little girl?
Does nobody feel that she needs to be remembered and honored and cherished?
Maybe it's just me.

That only makes this more heartbreaking. Who knew that was possible.

I can not find a pic of Nalecia either,just her mother's!

RIP Nalecia- you are an angel now little one-fly high!!!

I haven't forgotten Malecia/Nalecia and haven't stopped trying to find a picture of her. :seeya:

I wonder if there is any more recent ones?? Or is that the only one...
I'm glad to see a public acknowledgment that someone misses her. :seeya:

Call me silly, but if someone is chasing me around naked, waving a knife, there is no way I'm not calling the cops.

The brother was no doubt jobless and leaching off the sister/kids SSI and Section 8 for food and rent. If he called the cops he would be kicked to the curb when the police and family service came in and saw his sister was nuts and then removed the kids.

Then where would he go? I am sure he was more aware of the danger after that incident so he just watched his own back. And also for some folks "weird stuff happens" and crazy/criminal activity is an accepted part of life.

I remember this story from a couple of years ago when it hit the local news.

I got the impression that the brother lived next door, not in the same house with them. :twocents:
If I remember correctly the boy ran over to his Uncle's for help after he was thrown out the window.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back