Elderly man loses life savings in donated suit

Poor guy, trying to do a good deed, had sewn his life savings of $13,000 into the lining of one of his suits (he didn't trust banks), and then donated the suit to Goodwill. His wife has Stage 4 cancer, so he is hoping to get the money back to help with her medical expenses.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sidesho...-away-life-savings-hidden-away-165333331.html

So sad. I hope this gentleman's money is returned to him soon. Please, please, please let someone do the right thing!

I heard on the news last night that people from all over are donating $$$ to make up for what he lost. I love a happy ending. :)

I heard on the news last night that people from all over are donating $$$ to make up for what he lost. I love a happy ending. :)

I can't find the story now, but I read earlier today that he is declining all donations and offering a $1,000 reward to anyone who returns his money. :( He's embarrassed and can't remember exactly when he made the clothing donation.

I will continue praying this story has a happy ending. And bless those who are offering their help.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back