Page 20 of 68 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast
Results 286 to 300 of 1009
  1. #286
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    882
    Quote Originally Posted by wishuwerehere View Post
    I think when you say Clint, you mean Drew? If so, nothing has been mentioned regarding the present relationship between Clint and Drew since Holly’s disappearance. Was Clint afraid of Drew? Probably not, but who knows?

    I’m trying to find a plausible reason why Clint behaved the way he did that day:

    1. He was frightened.
    2. He was confused, groggy, sleepy, etc.
    3. He never believed Holly was in any danger.
    4. He’s protecting the perp.
    5. Everything we have been told is not true.

    jmo

    I choose #1---I do think he was in fear for his life ( which certainly would be understandable)


  2. The Following User Says Thank You to R.U.Kidding! For This Useful Post:


  3. #287
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    882
    Quote Originally Posted by wishuwerehere View Post
    Couple of things here (IMO):
    1) You have the right to defend yourself if you are threatened in a physical manner especially on your own property, and if a family member is being physically accosted right in front of you, I believe you have the right to defend that person’s life as well. (You don’t have the right to kill someone just because you feel threatened, however if that other person has a weapon, well, bombs away.)
    2) Do you know the old saying, “I’d rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6”? See above No. 1 for a defense.

    (By the way, I hate guns. However, in the world we live in it seems we at least need to arm ourselves for “bedroom defense” or just get a BIG dog.)

    Also, it seems to me that the way Clint behaved (or not behaved) he was scared sheetless. It makes me believe that the perp had a weapon (gun). jmo

    Your right! It does happen and we do have the right to defend ourselves. Since I know nothing about guns,. and have never owned one, the fact it can be so easy for someone to use one when needed is very foriegn to me. I think it is the "being Ok " with it that I find hard to comprehend. Guess that is why I don't own a gun.....but now that you mention it, maybe I should, huh!


  4. The Following User Says Thank You to R.U.Kidding! For This Useful Post:


  5. #288
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    36,476
    Quote Originally Posted by R.U.Kidding! View Post
    I choose #1---I do think he was in fear for his life ( which certainly would be understandable)
    But when did the fear kick in? He stated that he thought it was Drew right up until the neighbor showed up-all of mom's panic did not arouse his fear or suspicions, only the neighbor about the scream.

    So I am picturing him walking stealthily toward the woods with his gun, when the neighbor pulls up...and tells him he heard a scream...and Clint freezes...calls 911 (I think he said he did?) and stays rooted to that spot for fear of disturbing evidence. Blood in the "garage", mom being in a state of absolute panic, did nothing to raise his alert system...only the alleged scream.

    I do agree he was probably scared once he decided it was NOT Drew. Maybe the person was carrying a hunting rifle.

    But he could have been groggy...I am truly useless without coffee in the morning and would have been absolutely baffled with mom's calls, especially if I was convinced my sister was out there with her boyfriend.

    Gosh, I wish the Bobo family would speak out soon and allow the public who wants to help some more information. There are a lot of interested brains...lots of people who think about Holly every day. But there is little besides a jumble of nearly insensible info to go on...
    Just my opinion, of course.


  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:


  7. #289
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    36,476
    Quote Originally Posted by R.U.Kidding! View Post
    Your right! It does happen and we do have the right to defend ourselves. Since I know nothing about guns,. and have never owned one, the fact it can be so easy for someone to use one when needed is very foriegn to me. I think it is the "being Ok " with it that I find hard to comprehend. Guess that is why I don't own a gun.....but now that you mention it, maybe I should, huh!
    (I've never even seen a real gun, except on the waistband of police, lol)
    Just my opinion, of course.


  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:


  9. #290
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    818
    Quote Originally Posted by R.U.Kidding! View Post
    Your right! It does happen and we do have the right to defend ourselves. Since I know nothing about guns,. and have never owned one, the fact it can be so easy for someone to use one when needed is very foriegn to me. I think it is the "being Ok " with it that I find hard to comprehend. Guess that is why I don't own a gun.....but now that you mention it, maybe I should, huh!
    bbm - "You'll shoot your eye out kid."


  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wishuwerehere For This Useful Post:


  11. #291
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    where orchids grow on trees
    Posts
    4,762
    Quote Originally Posted by wishuwerehere View Post
    Your friend is lucky the cops didn't shoot him.
    Must have been Barney Fife!

    One Sunday we were leaving our subdivision and there was a young man in a hooded sweatshirt carrying a hand gun at his side.
    We drove right to the police station and they blew the whole thing off like it was no big deal. Another time we were getting ready
    to go into Wendy's to eat. I saw 2 guys sitting on the curb. One was putting something in his sock. I didn't think too much of it until they ran into Wendy's and you could tell they were specifically looking behind the counter for someone that worked there but he must not have been working. They ran out the door and a car came up to the door really fast just like a getaway car. They jumped in and took off. I called the police. They just said they would look into it. Afterwards I realized they were putting a knife or gun in their socks under the pants and were probably looking to kill someone that worked there. Scared us to death!! In neither cases did the police act like they were worried that armed and dangerous people were on the loose. The policeman probably just showed up and ate a double stack!
    Last edited by Plumeria5; 12-23-2011 at 01:40 AM. Reason: Added more


  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Plumeria5 For This Useful Post:


  13. #292
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    17,469
    After following Aisha Khan's case, I wonder if Holly ran off. They both had big tests that day. Something happened with the bf the night before to cause all the flurry of phone calls the following morning and I don't believe it had anything to do with hunting on grandma's property.

    I don't know much about the south but considering how religious the community is, I'm guessing there was a lot of pressure to live a certain way.

    School, perhaps she wanted more freedom......at 20 years old, I can definitely see that happening.

    Yes, Holly's case is classified as a kidnapping/abduction but so was Aisha's until she was found.


  14. The Following User Says Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:


  15. #293
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    2,216
    Ok the latest from ABC News

    http://www.abc24.com/news/local/stor...wQ.cspx?rss=59

    And, again somewhat different details of what happened. AAARRRRGHHHHHHH

    from the article:

    "Holly was last seen outside her home in Darden, the morning of April 13th. Investigators say her brother, Clint, and a neighbor called 911 after they heard her screams. Deputies found blood by the family's carport; it was later confirmed to be Holly's. At one point, investigators considered her brother and boyfriend possible suspects, but both have since been cleared. "

    Contradictions - says Clint called 911, says Clint heard screams, sayd blood found BY the carport although Clint said it was in the garage, says Clint and Drew (b/f) were cleared but LE has said no one was cleared.
    Lashelle


    "Remember, They will never buy the cow if they can get the eggs for free! " ... Kelly Bundy


  16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Carla Lashelle For This Useful Post:


  17. #294
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    17,469
    All they have to do is release the 911 calls. Previous articles said Clint did NOT call 911. There were 4 in all. 1 from Holly's school, 1 from the neighbour and 2 from Karen Bobo.

    Clint was going to call 911 but it was too late. The cops were already at the house by the time he decided to.

    That's how I remember it and it doesn't serve any purpose whatsover by the stories changing every time a new article is released.

    It really does raise credibility issues, imo


  18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:


  19. #295
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    17,469
    I'm more convinced now than ever that she ran off.


  20. The Following User Says Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:


  21. #296
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    2,216
    Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
    I'm more convinced now than ever that she ran off.
    I had initially thought of this but...

    1) why run off and miss her big exam?
    2) why run off and leave her car at home?
    3) why the screams, blood, spilled coke can?
    4) why the discarded items like lunch bag?
    5) why would the family waste 8 months time searching (they would know
    if she had, indeed, run off)
    6) the case is still active and listed as a kidnapping
    7) no known motive or reason to run away
    8) does not fit profile for a run away
    9) if she did run away why has she not come forward or contacted her mom?
    Lashelle


    "Remember, They will never buy the cow if they can get the eggs for free! " ... Kelly Bundy


  22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Carla Lashelle For This Useful Post:


  23. #297
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    464
    Quote Originally Posted by Carla Lashelle View Post
    Ok the latest from ABC News

    http://www.abc24.com/news/local/stor...wQ.cspx?rss=59

    And, again somewhat different details of what happened. AAARRRRGHHHHHHH

    from the article:

    "Holly was last seen outside her home in Darden, the morning of April 13th. Investigators say her brother, Clint, and a neighbor called 911 after they heard her screams. Deputies found blood by the family's carport; it was later confirmed to be Holly's. At one point, investigators considered her brother and boyfriend possible suspects, but both have since been cleared. "

    Contradictions - says Clint called 911, says Clint heard screams, sayd blood found BY the carport although Clint said it was in the garage, says Clint and Drew (b/f) were cleared but LE has said no one was cleared.
    I agree with you, this most recent article is either very poorly written or we have another version of the mornings events. This article reminds me of the story where the anchor on the news proclaimed the TBI did not consider CB or DS a suspect. It would be helpful to hear a TBI person say those words.
    The contradictions you posted are only a handful that are in that short article. Here are a few more that I see-
    -In what scenario could we buy the idea that CB and the neighbor heard HB scream and stood in the driveway to call 911 and as CB has said, he could hear the engines from LE coming toward the home as he called 911. Also, that would mean the timeline is off by 20 minutes because how did the neighbor son hear a scream if he left for work at 7:40?
    -The article says that the TBI does not consider this to be a cold case, but thousands of leads have come from across the country and all have led to dead ends. This leaves me asking myself, Huh? You either have a lead and the case is active or you have nothing and the case is cold. This make no sense at all. I surely hope the TBI isn't standing around waiting for a tip about HB and on the other hand saying they are actively investigating. That's a HUGE slap in the face IMO.
    - Some blood was found in the garage/carport according to what he have been told before. This article says blood was by the carport. So which is it? Or was there a blood trail? In the JVM interview, she asked if the blood trail led anywhere and KB said no, but CB somehow started talking about a logging road behind their house.
    Last but certainly not least from this article is this quote from KB- "We can't go back in time. If we can go back obviously everything would've been different."
    I am not sure what exactly she means by this. Was she aware HB was in danger beforehand and now regrets not taking more measures to ensure her safety? Maybe she regrets the way she and her son communicated that morning? Is she referring to the family's reactions after the abduction, the way LE handled the investigation? That is a strange quote IMO because it has no backdrop, but nothing in this case has any backdrop so I guess I am not surprised.
    http://www.abc24.com/news/local/stor...wQ.cspx?rss=59


  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Frogzilla For This Useful Post:


  25. #298
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    17,469
    Quote Originally Posted by Carla Lashelle View Post
    I had initially thought of this but...

    1) why run off and miss her big exam?
    2) why run off and leave her car at home?
    3) why the screams, blood, spilled coke can?
    4) why the discarded items like lunch bag?
    5) why would the family waste 8 months time searching (they would know
    if she had, indeed, run off)
    6) the case is still active and listed as a kidnapping
    7) no known motive or reason to run away
    8) does not fit profile for a run away
    9) if she did run away why has she not come forward or contacted her mom?
    When someone runs away, they do it because they want nothing to do with their current life and decide to move on as we have seen in Aisha's case and others.

    There is no reason, if she ran off, to be contacting her family. LE found Aisha Khan. She did not contact them nor her family.


  26. The Following User Says Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:


  27. #299
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    17,469
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogzilla View Post
    I agree with you, this most recent article is either very poorly written or we have another version of the mornings events. This article reminds me of the story where the anchor on the news proclaimed the TBI did not consider CB or DS a suspect. It would be helpful to hear a TBI person say those words.
    The contradictions you posted are only a handful that are in that short article. Here are a few more that I see-
    -In what scenario could we buy the idea that CB and the neighbor heard HB scream and stood in the driveway to call 911 and as CB has said, he could hear the engines from LE coming toward the home as he called 911. Also, that would mean the timeline is off by 20 minutes because how did the neighbor son hear a scream if he left for work at 7:40?
    -The article says that the TBI does not consider this to be a cold case, but thousands of leads have come from across the country and all have led to dead ends. This leaves me asking myself, Huh? You either have a lead and the case is active or you have nothing and the case is cold. This make no sense at all. I surely hope the TBI isn't standing around waiting for a tip about HB and on the other hand saying they are actively investigating. That's a HUGE slap in the face IMO.
    - Some blood was found in the garage/carport according to what he have been told before. This article says blood was by the carport. So which is it? Or was there a blood trail? In the JVM interview, she asked if the blood trail led anywhere and KB said no, but CB somehow started talking about a logging road behind their house.
    Last but certainly not least from this article is this quote from KB- "We can't go back in time. If we can go back obviously everything would've been different."I am not sure what exactly she means by this. Was she aware HB was in danger beforehand and now regrets not taking more measures to ensure her safety? Maybe she regrets the way she and her son communicated that morning? Is she referring to the family's reactions after the abduction, the way LE handled the investigation? That is a strange quote IMO because it has no backdrop, but nothing in this case has any backdrop so I guess I am not surprised.
    http://www.abc24.com/news/local/stor...wQ.cspx?rss=59
    bbm Bingo!


  28. The Following User Says Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:


  29. #300
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    17,469
    Also, the pastor said he hoped the case would be resolved before the end of the year.


    RED FLAG


  30. The Following User Says Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:


Page 20 of 68 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #27
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum Holly Bobo
    Replies: 1035
    Last Post: 08-30-2011, 01:29 AM
  2. Replies: 626
    Last Post: 08-03-2011, 06:57 PM
  3. TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #14
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum Holly Bobo
    Replies: 615
    Last Post: 04-25-2011, 10:16 AM
  4. Replies: 541
    Last Post: 04-17-2011, 04:35 PM
  5. TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - # 2
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum Holly Bobo
    Replies: 593
    Last Post: 04-16-2011, 01:01 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •