TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #31

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Please continue here.

Holly Lynn Bobo was last seen early on the morning of April 13, 2011, outside of her home in Darden, Tennessee. She was seen being led away from the carport of her home toward a wooded area by a man described as approximately 5'8" to 6'0" tall and 200 pounds, wearing camouflage clothing.
Holly Lynn Bobo was last seen wearing a pink shirt and light blue jeans.
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap

image_thumb
image_thumb

Thread #1
Thread #2

Thread #3
Thread #4

Thread #5
Thread #6

Thread #7
Thread #8

Thread #9
Thread #10

Thread #11
Thread #12

Thread #13
Thread #14

Thread #15
Thread #16

Thread #17
Thread #18

Thread #19
Thread #20

Thread #21
Thread #22

Thread #23
Thread #24

Thread #25

Thread #26

Thread #27
Thread #28

Thread #29
Thread #30

-RUMORS are not allowed and will be removed.

-It's fine to discuss the brother and anyone mentioned in the media and tied to this case. Its not ok to talk about him or anyone as a suspect or POI. No one has been named as such.

-If you are new to us here, please take a moment to review our Terms of Service and Rules, especially the piece regarding social networking sites (Facebook and Twitter):
Rules Etiquette & Information

Professional Posters & Verified Locals/Insiders

Holly Bobo Map
Created by Hollye Thanks!

Some blog sites are not allowed to be linked to because of so many rumors being posted on them. Please pm a Mod if its not posted below to see if they are allowed.

The following blog sites are allowed to be linked to:
Case Signal (BeanE's site)
Val - The Hinky Meter
Amandareckonwth's case archive site - Crankycrankerson
Patty G's Video Library site

Please continue here!

I still can't help thinking that the strangest and least talked about piece of this whole puzzle is the Whitney Duncan connection. I have posted about this before, but to recap, Whitney Duncan posts a 2 part video on youtube some time before Holly's abduction called Right Road Now, and its all about how great Whitney Duncan is, and it includes family interviews and a tour of scott's hill elementary school. Whitney tells all about how her Mom and Her Aunt(Karen Bono) are teachers at the school. Now Whitney, like her or not is just the sort of Women I would picture having obcessed fans/stalkers. Almost exactly one month before Holly was abducted, I think either March 12th or March 17th Whitney tweets a picture of her holding her new handgun she had just bought. Why would you do that unless you want everyone to know you are armed. My conclusion to that is that Whitney felt threated. It a to much of a coincidence for me to ignore.

So IMO this video opens easy access to her family, leads directly to the Bobo's and Holly. We see this kind of thing all the time in Hollywood, take for example Audrina Patridge, or Paris Hilton, or a whole list of others that have had there houses burgaled and been threatened. There is just a certian element of society that is attracted by this kind of thing..and its easy to imagine that they would watch Whitney's video, google scott's hill elementary, go there, follow some of the teachers home hoping to be lead right to Whitney Duncan's house, but instead end up at Holly Bobo's house. I can't help but think that this could happen so easily. I won't trust the whole world knowing where my Mom worked if I was even a semi-famous good looking women.
Again, no proof, just strikes me funny.

To expand on the theory that some of Holly’s items were placed by the perp so they could be found: I believe the perp would have done this in order to create a façade of an event which did not actually happen. I believe it is very possible Holly was fatally harmed on her own property. If that is the case, then the perp wanted to make the crime look like an abduction by placing Holly‘s items at various locations so as to create a false exit path. In all likelihood, Holly could be very close to home.

Yes, I know, the theory above is throwing out the eyewitness testimony.
How can I reconcile that?
1) He’s lying.
2) He’s mistaken.

I know many of you don’t believe that this theory is a likely possibility. I’m not saying the above theory is what happened. I am only bringing to light another possibility, that’s it.

The above theory is based on some facts:
1) Some of Holly’s items were found at various locations (fact).
2) The eyewitness was initially mistaken about the identity of camo man (fact).
3) Holly’s blood was found on the premises (fact). This does indicate an injury (was it fatal?).

jmo

I still can't help thinking that the strangest and least talked about piece of this whole puzzle is the Whitney Duncan connection. I have posted about this before, but to recap, Whitney Duncan posts a 2 part video on youtube some time before Holly's abduction called Right Road Now, and its all about how great Whitney Duncan is, and it includes family interviews and a tour of scott's hill elementary school. Whitney tells all about how her Mom and Her Aunt(Karen Bono) are teachers at the school. Now Whitney, like her or not is just the sort of Women I would picture having obcessed fans/stalkers. Almost exactly one month before Holly was abducted, I think either March 12th or March 17th Whitney tweets a picture of her holding her new handgun she had just bought. Why would you do that unless you want everyone to know you are armed. My conclusion to that is that Whitney felt threated. It a to much of a coincidence for me to ignore.

So IMO this video opens easy access to her family, leads directly to the Bobo's and Holly. We see this kind of thing all the time in Hollywood, take for example Audrina Patridge, or Paris Hilton, or a whole list of others that have had there houses burgaled and been threatened. There is just a certian element of society that is attracted by this kind of thing..and its easy to imagine that they would watch Whitney's video, google scott's hill elementary, go there, follow some of the teachers home hoping to be lead right to Whitney Duncan's house, but instead end up at Holly Bobo's house. I can't help but think that this could happen so easily. I won't trust the whole world knowing where my Mom worked if I was even a semi-famous good looking women.
Again, no proof, just strikes me funny.

I guess people take things differently or have different interpretations. I see ZERO connection between Whitney Duncan and Holly's disappearance.

I had never even heard of WD before all this and even with her being on Survivor I rarely if ever hear/heard her name mentioned. Whether you like Paris Hilton or not, WD is certainly not in the same league as she is as far as name recognition and recognizability.

Most obsessed types know all about the focus of their attention. They would know where Whitney lived. These people dont usually appear out of the blue and usually are known to the person that they are stalking. Intially they may not seem dangerous or threatening. They also probably don't just switch their focus from person to person, ie. they are madly fixated on Whitney and then skip over to her cousin which NO ONE outside of their area would have ever heard of.

The fact that WD posted a picture of herself with guns is to me meaningless... this is THE SOUTH and EVERYONE, male and female HAS GUNS. They are a status symbol too. You got your truck, your rims, your guns... I think I have seen photos of Holly, Clint, and Drew all with some sort of gun or weapon (hunting related).

I think one of the reasons to you dont hear much about and from WD is she is not involved other than being somewhat distantly related to Holly. She can't say anthing... its not like she lived in Holly's house. She wasn't a witness to anything. She seemingly has no first hand knowledge of anything.

My stalker came into contact with me at work and followed my sister and I home when he found out where we lived from one of the taxis we regularly took late at nite. Nothing real complicated there looking back at it.

Distantly related??? Aren't they first cousins?? Their moms are sisters, unless I'm mistaken. First cousins are pretty close kin where I come from.

Distantly related??? Aren't they first cousins?? Their moms are sisters, unless I'm mistaken. First cousins are pretty close kin where I come from.

I suppose but what I mean is they didn't grow up together like brother and sister, don't live in the same town, had different parents. I did say SOMEWHAT.... Even if they were sisters I do not think there is any relationship between WD and HB's disappearance.

I guess people take things differently or have different interpretations. I see ZERO connection between Whitney Duncan and Holly's disappearance.

I had never even heard of WD before all this and even with her being on Survivor I rarely if ever hear/heard her name mentioned. Whether you like Paris Hilton or not, WD is certainly not in the same league as she is as far as name recognition and recognizability.

Most obsessed types know all about the focus of their attention. They would know where Whitney lived. These people dont usually appear out of the blue and usually are known to the person that they are stalking. Intially they may not seem dangerous or threatening. They also probably don't just switch their focus from person to person, ie. they are madly fixated on Whitney and then skip over to her cousin which NO ONE outside of their area would have ever heard of.

The fact that WD posted a picture of herself with guns is to me meaningless... this is THE SOUTH and EVERYONE, male and female HAS GUNS. They are a status symbol too. You got your truck, your rims, your guns... I think I have seen photos of Holly, Clint, and Drew all with some sort of gun or weapon (hunting related).

I think one of the reasons to you dont hear much about and from WD is she is not involved other than being somewhat distantly related to Holly. She can't say anthing... its not like she lived in Holly's house. She wasn't a witness to anything. She seemingly has no first hand knowledge of anything.

My stalker came into contact with me at work and followed my sister and I home when he found out where we lived from one of the taxis we regularly took late at nite. Nothing real complicated there looking back at it.

IMO you can put WD in any social catagory you want but the fact is that here is her video:
Whitney Duncan - Skinny Dippin' (Video) - YouTube

Can you honestly tell me that there is zero chance of this Lady attracting the attention of a stalker? I disagree, and it really bothers me that she made it so easy to find her family..Coincidence?

Here is the video:
Right Road Now: Home Sweet Home [Part 2] (Music Video) - YouTube

yes they are family... which means we must be respectful as the family are victims and are not to be sleuthed or bashed. This lands at random

yes they are family... which means we must be respectful as the family are victims and are not to be sleuthed or bashed. This lands at random

This happens when cases start to grow cold. It doesn't mean it is allowed, however.

Next time someone wants to bash or accuse those not named in the MSM or by Law Enforcement, there will be consequences.

:tyou:

I was only trying to discuss facts surrounding actual events that happened in the community in which the abduction took place. I wasn't trying to bash anyone. I apoligize.

Bumping:
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/holly-bobo/view

I hope all hunters and outdoor enthusiasts will take note of their surroundings this season, as we head into colder weather. Maybe it would be a good idea to start another poster campaign surrounding the Parsons/Darden area in places where outdoor and hunting supplies are sold? Can't hurt to remind people to be alert for changes in ground surfaces, bodies of water, interest hunting dogs and wild animals may take in certain areas, etc.

I was only trying to discuss facts surrounding actual events that happened in the community in which the abduction took place. I wasn't trying to bash anyone. I apoligize.

I think the thing is, is that Whitney Duncan's personal and professional life choices have no place when investigating Holly's abduction.

This is an extended family that is very close to one another- as many families are- and there is no reason to pass any kind of judgement on any of them, except to extend our sympathy to them for the loss of Holly under extremely traumatic circumstances. And to do our best to try and sleuth victim-friendly leads, that might help bring Holly home to her family.

Holly is out there somewhere. Let's redirect, and see if we can't think out of the box as to where she might be.

Been thinking about the different approach families take in these tragic cases - some are very outspoken and in the media, some are very quite and remain out the spotlight. I'm curious if in the recent cases of this year; has this made any difference?

I think the thing is, is that Whitney Duncan's personal and professional life choices have no place when investigating Holly's abduction.

This is an extended family that is very close to one another- as many families are- and there is no reason to pass any kind of judgement on any of them, except to extend our sympathy to them for the loss of Holly under extremely traumatic circumstances. And to do our best to try and sleuth victim-friendly leads, that might help bring Holly home to her family.

Holly is out there somewhere. Let's redirect, and see if we can't think out of the box as to where she might be.

I took the poster's point as being that perhaps WD was the intended victim, not a suspect or POI. Most families of missing persons do not include a celebrity who have videos on the internet and since this case seems to point away from the more-usual type of perp, i.e. boyfriend or husband, we have no idea what could be important. JMO

I took the poster's point as being that perhaps WD was the intended victim, not a suspect or POI. Most families of missing persons do not include a celebrity who have videos on the internet and since this case seems to point away from the more-usual type of perp, i.e. boyfriend or husband, we have no idea what could be important. JMO

That is exactly my point, I can't understand why nobody wants to talk about this..I mean litterally, celebrity stalking happenes all the time. I think it could be a legitimate motive to this crime. I shouldn't have ventured an opinion about anyones personal or professional choices, I get that, it won't happen again..but I think the evidence points to this as something within the realm of possiblity. This is a part of the country where people don't even lock there doors at night, and all of a sudden, bang, Holly Bobo is gone and the headline for months is "Country Singer Whitney Duncan's cousin abducted". What changed, the 20th annual coon hunt? Everyone says think out of the box:banghead:

Yes, I understand that. And this is not directed at you, cluciano- just jumping off.

I meant that I don't think mods want us passing moral judgement on the way family and friends of victims live their lives- they are victims as well by nature of the loss of their cousin, their friend, their sister, their daughter, their aunts and uncles, etc. We have no reason to criticize WD for how she has handled this terrible crime.

I can certainly see how someone being in the 'limelight' so to speak may invite interest into an individual or a family, friends, connections etc. But all sorts of people from all walks of life put videos up on youTube all the time. To judge Whitney for this, or for the media appearances she (or any other victim(s) in this circumstance) seems very judgemental to me- and not very productive in finding out what has happened to Holly and where she is.

Maybe if we want to sleuth that avenue, we could look at public venues that Holly may have attended with Whitney, places where she may have encountered a stalker- or anything like that.

But Whitney, the Bobo family and extended family, and the local community doesn't need to be judged for their personality, or life and/or career choices. Imvhoo, of course.

snipped respectfully:

I keep coming back to just how little we really have been told in this case. We have a very small timeline of events of that fateful morning. But, we have not been told anything about the days, weeks, months leading up to it. What took place in her life, places she visited, friends she met with, interaction with others. These are all the things LE must have done the gumshoe work of figuring out by now...
I wonder how "political" the decisions being made are at this point - political in the sense that there must be some who feel letting more info out to the public might help solve this case, while whomever is in charge wants to keep everything secret...

Yes, I understand that.

I meant that I don't think mods want us passing moral judgement on the way family and friends of victims live their lives- they are victims as well by nature of the loss of their cousin, their friend, their sister, their daughter, their aunts and uncles, etc. We have no reason to criticize WD for how she has handles this terrible crime.

I can certainly see how someone being in the 'limelight' so to speak may invite interest into an individual or a family, friends, connections etc. But all sorts of people from all walks of life put videos up on youTube all the time. To judge Whitney for this, or for the media appearances she (or any other victim(s) in this circumstance) seems very judgemental to me- and not very productive in finding out what has happened to Holly and where she is.

Maybe if we want to sleuth that avenue, we could look at public venues that Holly may have attended with Whitney, places where she may have encountered a stalker- or anything like that.
But Whitney, the Bobo family and extended family, and the local community doesn't need to be judged for their personality, or life and/or career choices. Imvhoo, of course.

It would be helpful to know what Holly did even the day before she vanished...which we don't, and as far as I know, have no way of learning.

Also, WD was not just a person posting a video, she was, locally at least, a celebrity with name recognition, apparently and resmebles Holly in many ways, JMO.

It would be helpful to know what Holly did even the day before she vanished...which we don't, and as far as I know, have no way of learning.

Also, WD was not just a person posting a video, she was, locally at least, a celebrity with name recognition, apparently and resmebles Holly in many ways, JMO.

Trying to understand- are you saying that you think Holly may have been mistaken for Whitney? Or that Holly may have drew interest because of her association with Whitney?

Trying to understand- are you saying that you think Holly may have been mistaken for Whitney? Or that Holly may have drew interest because of her association with Whitney?

I think it is POSSIBLE that Holly was mistaken for Whitney, that's all. Aapparently one of the videos she posted had info about thier homes, etc...or that Holly encountered someone who was after WD and decided to go through Holly to get to her...just an option that cannot be dismissed with what we know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46