AZ AZ - Tucson, Male Skull UP8998, 18-30, w/ GSW, brought home by dog, Feb'10

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Deputies ask for help in identifying human remains found in 2010

2280281490045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

TUCSON (KGUN9-TV) - Deputies are asking for the public's help in identifying remains found in the desert near the 13,200 block of Orange Grove Road.

Investigators found a bullet still lodged in the skull ...

The sex of the victim is not known, but it appears the victim was caucasian or hispanic in origin, eighteen to thirty years old, and had a large amount of dental restoration with the front teeth significantly worn.

http://www.kgun9.com/news/local/130803473.html

Here's the NamUs casefile:

NamUs UP Case 8998 https://identifyus.org/cases/8998

Unidentified White or Hispanic Male Note: Although the press release indicates gender unknown, the NamUs casefile indicates that the decedent is male based on Amelogenin locus (i.e., a protein found in developing tooth enamel that exhibits different characteristics in males than in females).

Found on February 08, 2010 at 13241 West Orange Grove Road, Tucson (Pima County), Arizona.

Estimated age: 18 - 30 years
Body Parts Inventory: Skeletal elements include cranium, mandible, and the first cervical vertebra.
Probable year of death: 2009 to 2010

Circumstances of death: A cranium with mandible and C1 attached were brought to above residence from a remote desert area by home owner's dog.

Skeletal findings: The right temporal glenoid fossa exhibits a sclerotic lesion. A poorly healed depressed fracture to the left maxilla in the area of the infraorbital foramen. Another healed fracture to the right maxilla at its articulation with the nasal bone.

Dental Comments: #14: crown destroyed by caries. #6 to #11 and #22 to #27: excessive occlusal wear.

Identifiers Available: Dentals and DNA

Another possibility:

Christopher Cochron: https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/3857/23/

Reported missing in May 2008 from Phoenix, AZ - north of where the UID was found. His age was 25 which is in the window of the UID. From flipping through the reconstruction and Chris' picture they show some similarities in the mouth, eye, and nose shape. I think a side-by-side would be helpful here.

Slightly off topic, but Carl what do you do to post the side by side pictures to compare?

Another possibility:

Christopher Cochron: https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/3857/23/

Reported missing in May 2008 from Phoenix, AZ - north of where the UID was found. His age was 25 which is in the window of the UID. From flipping through the reconstruction and Chris' picture they show some similarities in the mouth, eye, and nose shape. I think a side-by-side would be helpful here.

Slightly off topic, but Carl what do you do to post the side by side pictures to compare?

Chris Cochron appears to have pretty straight teeth from what I can tell. The UID's teeth are poorly aligned.

Regarding the images, if you are using MS Internet Explorer, you can obtain the URL of an image on another site ( e.g., Charley or DoeNet) by right-clicking the image and going to "Properties".

From there you can copy the image URL and paste it into your post between "
".

I prefer to upload the images to my Webshots account and post them from there. That way, the images are still visible if the source page is taken offline. Also, I can scale up or down the size of the image if I want to.

I don't usually post images straight from NamUs to WS because frequently, the images are too large, and sometimes they don't display properly. I usually upload NamUs images to my Webshots account and post them to Websleuths from there

Chris was reported missing in 2008. I can't find anything that mentions a postmortem interval of the UID. Can teeth become poorly aligned after death?

I looked at Chris' profile picture on NamUs and I see what you see Carl - straight teeth. But if there is a potential 15-18 month interval between being reported missing and being discovered as this UID, could his teeth have been messed up postmortem?

I still can't get past how similar the face shapes are.

Chris was reported missing in 2008. I can't find anything that mentions a postmortem interval of the UID. Can teeth become poorly aligned after death?

I looked at Chris' profile picture on NamUs and I see what you see Carl - straight teeth. But if there is a potential 15-18 month interval between being reported missing and being discovered as this UID, could his teeth have been messed up postmortem?

I still can't get past how similar the face shapes are.

Teeth will fall out, but if they are still there, they probably don't change their alignment.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back