C'mon.....it's Christmas! ($200K fall off armour truck on Pa road)

That could be bailout money that they got from us so had I been lucky enough to grab some of it, I'd keep it. I'm sure Pres.Obama will replace any missing money ten times over.

Sounds like an inside type of thing to me.

Really ,the door wasnt closed? Um dont they have extra security on those things and a checklist to follow? Like my car lets me know when my doors are not closed ...

As much as I would like to believe some needy family happened upon money to save the farm.. I doubt that is what happened here.

Sounds like an inside type of thing to me.

Really ,the door wasnt closed? Um dont they have extra security on those things and a checklist to follow? Like my car lets me know when my doors are not closed ...

As much as I would like to believe some needy family happened upon money to save the farm.. I doubt that is what happened here.

this was my initial gut feeling as well.

someone's got some 'splainin to do Ricky......

This reminds me of one of our beloved local legends named Joey Coyle. People loved Joey. They made a movie about him called "Money For Nothing".

Back in 1981 a bag fell from an armored car while Coyle and friends were behind it. 2.1 million. Ka-Ching. Joey scooped up the bag and was giving out $100 bills to neighors and friends.

Sadly his life was nothing but misery after that. He even went to trial and they let him off saying Joey was temporarily insane due to $$$$$$$$. After the trial jurors hugged him and women jurors kissed him. I remember the excitement as I was dating a guy from his neighborhood. Coyle had a conscience poor guy. He wound up commiting suicide.

http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19930816&slug=1716192

In comparisson $200,000 is jack squat plus more than one person was running around scooping the money up. If it was an inside job they screwed up.

Can't find a thing on what obviously appeared to be JMO an inside job. Nada, and I tried every which way. That "grace period" cracked me up.

Thought of this because friends and I were discussing Joey Coyle. Meth, money, mindfulness? That guy could have kept every cent to himself.

Hmmmm, so what happened to the van behind this Fidelity truck?

The aftermath?
Can't find a thing on what obviously appeared to be JMO an inside job. Nada, and I tried every which way. That "grace period" cracked me up....
@Filly sbm I see recently you've followed up on some long dormant cases. That Joey Coyle must have been something. RIP.
Puzzling that on some stories, no further coverage, no anniversary stories, etc.
Also true for this Nov 2011 event.

Wanna call/email nbcphiladelphia.com and prompt someone there to do a 10 yr anniversary piece on this $200.ooo PA armored car story?

The aftermath?

@Filly sbm I see recently you've followed up on some long dormant cases. That Joey Coyle must have been something. RIP.
Puzzling that on some stories, no further coverage, no anniversary stories, etc.
Also true for this Nov 2011 event.

Wanna call/email nbcphiladelphia.com and prompt someone there to do a 10 yr anniversary piece on this $200.ooo PA armored car story?

Cracking up here @al66pine . Heck no I'm not getting involved in that. They may implicate me. At the looks of what I don't own they'll think I'm sitting on it.

Then again I'd like to meet Brittney Shipp, but she's the weather lady. Only one at 10 seems calm.

Still have to wonder? Who picked up the loot? But wonder only. Thank you even though serious for making me laugh.

Cracking up here @al66pine . Heck no I'm not getting involved in that. They may implicate me. At the looks of what I don't own they'll think I'm sitting on it...
@Filly sbm. ^Lol
One time talking about a "faulty" armored-car-door news story, a friend said - W my luck, if I had been close to that truck, the only things falling out would have been pennies, in bags too heavy for me to lift.

@Filly sbm. ^Lol
One time talking about a "faulty" armored-car-door news story, a friend said - W my luck, if I had been close to that truck, the only things falling out would have been pennies, in bags too heavy for me to lift.

Right? Your friend also gave me a laugh. Not even quarters!

Coinstar be on the lookout.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back