WA WA - Grant Co, Wht/HispMale 25-45, UP9986, heart-shaped gold incisor frames, winter clothing, Nov'11

Wanting2Help

Reaction score
http://www.columbiabasinherald.com/news/crime-fire/article_8dae51d2-1aac-11e1-a2d8-001cc4c03286.html

MARDON - A hunter discovered human remains near a boat launch at the east end of the Potholes Reservoir the day before Thanksgiving.

In an undeveloped area about a mile from the boat launch, the hunter found a decomposed body and clothes in an area of sagebrush and called 9-1-1, according to Grant County Undersheriff Dave Ponozzo.

The remains appeared to have been at the location since spring. Some of the bones appeared to have been scattered by wildlife, he noted.

"The remains were clothed in jeans, a light colored jacket, dark colored stocking cap, and one dark colored tennis shoe," stated Ponozzo. "No identification has been determined. Age, sex, and ethnicity are unknown at this time."

The remains are going to transferred to the King County Medical Examiner's Office for a forensic anthropological autopsy.

Investigators did not find a vehicle near the body, nor equipment for hunting or fishing, Ponozzo said.

"In the state that it is in, it is hard to give any information about how the person died," he said.

Any possible identification, like a wallet in a pocket, would be left on the body until autopsy to preserve evidence.

"We've got missing people in Grant County, but nothing stands out to make a connection," said Ponozzo.

Detectives Seek Your Help Identifying Skeletal Remains

<snip>

Based on the forensic examination, the victim is believed to be a white or Hispanic male, around 35-years-old, who stood between 5-foot-1 and 6-foot-1 inches tall. The victim had a single gunshot wound, and the circumstances about that injury are unknown.

The body had been outside for perhaps a year. The victim's teeth were in poor condition, and silver-colored dental caps were affixed to his two front teeth. One of those teeth was broken beneath the cap.

The victim was wearing multiple layered clothing including:

* "Phat Farm" long sleeve t-shirt
* "Phat Farm" short sleeve t-shirt
* "Route 66" dark denim pants, waist size 28
* Insulated vest, tan and orange colored
* Size 8½ black shoes with Velcro closures
* Black stocking cap

http://www.khq.com/story/16332028/detectives-seek-your-help-identifying-skeletal-remains

Images from the above MSM link:

16332028_BG1.jpg

16332028_BG2.jpg

Here's a photo from NamUs of Azaren Cordova:

I don't have the software to edit the photo's to the same size and do a side by side. They seem to resemble each other to me.

I submitted the possible match to both agencies.

I heard back from the Phoenix Detective handling Azaren Cordova's MP case. While not an 'official' rule out by way of comparing dental radiographs or charting, he told me Azaren had rectangle shaped dental frames, not the heart shaped the UID has. He also let me know there are finger prints and dna in codis for Azaren. So while this is probably enough to rule out, if by the tiny chance Azaren later changed the dental frames after his disappearance a comparison could only be made by way of DNA or fingerprints.

The difference in shapes of dental frames is enough for me to consider Azaren ruled out.

I was glad to have such a quick reply from Phoenix LE. Less than a 24 hour turn around time is great.

Here is another missing man with dental frames, Humberto Hernandez-Perez.

He is 3 inches shorter than the UID's estimated height (5'4" vs. 5'7") and slightly too young (22 vs. 25-50). But the circumstances are interesting - he became despondent over a failed relationship and apparently just wandered off. Someone in that mental state might conceivably travel to another state, try to survive for a while and then ultimately commit suicide.

He also appears to have more metal in his mouth than the UID. I have no idea how easily those cap things come off, though. Is that the type of thing someone might remove and sell if they needed quick cash?

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Case Numbers

ME/C Case Number 11-1958
Demographics
Sex Male
Race / Ethnicity White / Caucasian, Hispanic / Latino
Estimated Age GroupAdult - Pre 50
Estimated Age Range (Years) 25-45
Estimated Year of Death 2010-2011
Estimated PMI 1 Years
Height 5' 7"(67 inches) , Estimated
Weight Cannot Estimate
Circumstances
Type Unidentified Deceased
Date Body Found November 23, 2011
NamUs Case Created March 9, 2012
ME/C QA Reviewed March 20, 2012
Location Found Map
Location Washington
County Grant County
Circumstances of Recovery Found outdoors in remote area.
Details of Recovery
Inventory of Remains - One or both hands not recovered
Condition of Remains - Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton

Clothing and Accessories
Clothing - Layered winter clothing (long sleeve shirts, jackets, pants) on the Body

No way is the uid 6 ft 1 with that shoe size imo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back