1083 users online (259 members and 824 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Movers, deputies refuse to evict 103-year-old woman

ATLANTA, Ga.
    A 103-year-old woman and her 83-year-old daughter were just moments from being evicted from their home Tuesday, when sheriff's deputies and the moving company hired by the bank decided not to go through with the action.
    At just three weeks shy of her 104th birthday, Vinia Hall has shared her home on Penelope Road in Northwest Atlanta with her daughter for 53 years.

Fulton County sheriff's deputies and movers showed up at Hall's home Tuesday after Deutsche Bank planned to kick the two women out. The moving company and the deputies took one look at Lee and decided that would not happen.

State Senator Vincent Fort told Young on Wednesday that the loan is held by Deustche Bank but is being serviced locally by Chase. Family members said they had enough money to pay the loan, but were having a difficult time getting Chase to accept a payment.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/mover...ear-old/nFp4Q/

thank god they chose not to evict them,i sure as heck wouldn't be moving if i was that old and lived in that house for 50+ years.

seems a bit strange that they have the money to pay but the bank wouldn't accept it?

in my experience with banks,they'll take your money even when they aren't authorized to
    All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; The point is to discover them.

Jodi Ann Arias - GUILTY 1st Degree Murder

Sentence - LIFE Without Parole

I sure hope that there is a followup on this story. I really want to know what happens next, and after.

If she has lived there 53 years that house should have been paid off years ago. Someone must have talked her into taking out a loan. God Bless her. I just hope they will leave her alone now.
    Save the Earth! It is the only planet with chocolate.

Do not ask the Lord to guide your footsteps, if you are not willing to move your feet.
    ~ Unknown

http://atlantabankruptcynews.com/201...-eviction.html

Vinia Hall's house, on Penelope Road, has been her home for 50 years. It is currently in its second mortgage.Hall's grandson took out a second mortgage on the house from Deutsche Bank National Trust. The loan was eventually administered by Chase, reports WSBTV.