1088 users online (191 members and 897 guests)  

Websleuths News

FL - first-grader brings crack to class; mom claims it's Halloween booty

A six-year-old girl brought more than $1,000 US worth of crack to school, and her mother claimed the child must have got it while trick-or-treating. The first-grader was suspended from Tangelo Park Elementary. Her mother is under investigation.

School officials sent a letter home to parents Thursday, explaining how an anti-drug campaign led another student to recognize the more than a dozen pieces of crack.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/WeirdNew...702207-ap.html

How did the mother miss this??? When I was growing up my mother always thouroughly checked our candy. We do the same now for neices, nephews, and my little sister. Something just seems wrong with this story.

My question - How did another child recognize it as crack?! I am 27 years old and still would not recogize a crack rock enough to differentiate it from any other kind of rock...Me thinks their "Drug Education" program is a little too specific, or this town has a major drug problem! JMO
    And thats all I have to say about that!

Quote Originally Posted by angelnsb
    How did the mother miss this??? When I was growing up my mother always thouroughly checked our candy. We do the same now for neices, nephews, and my little sister. Something just seems wrong with this story.
    the mother put it there...i am very familiar with these 'moms' who conceal everything from drugs to stolen merchandise on their babies and children...and i call family services on them all the time.

I don't know if the mom actually "put it in there" for the child to bring to school - but I am guessing she found it at home and brought it...

Quote Originally Posted by lisag
    I don't know if the mom actually "put it in there" for the child to bring to school - but I am guessing she found it at home and brought it...

A child at my son's school wore her momma's jacket to school on a cool day and once she was on school property, she put her hand into the pocket and found quite a little stash of drugs. She went to the principal, who then called the police, and momma got arrested. I seriously doubt if this little girl got the drugs while trick-or-treating. Sounds like momma might be into a little crack, if you ask me.