1298 users online (266 members and 1032 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

WA - Judith Bello, Stanwood, 13 Dec 1993

A Stanwood woman who has been missing for nearly 18 years has been found, alive and well, in California, Snohomish County sheriff's officials said.

Judith Bello was last seen Dec. 13, 1993, at 9:30 a.m., when she left her job at the National Food Corporation in Sylvana with a friend.

Read more: http://www.seattlepi.com/local/artic...#ixzz1fK5buR00
    Last edited by Salem; 12-01-2011 at 06:14 PM.

I always wonder, in cases like this, how thoroughly LE has looked for her.

Did they check her Social Security number to make sure she wasn't working, put a flag on her driver license so if she renewed it or got a ticket, etc., they would know it?

It doesn't appear she was even trying to hide - she was surprised to see she was "missing".

Does she have NO family at ALL that she contacted during that time? Odd.

How could she be 'surprised' that she was missing? She abandoned her car and did not pick up her baby from daycare. So we can assume she never saw her child again in the past 18 years. I understand that perhaps she was running from an abusive husband. but once she found a safe place, why wouldn't she try to have contact with her child?
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    How could she be 'surprised' that she was missing? She abandoned her car and did not pick up her baby from daycare. So we can assume she never saw her child again in the past 18 years. I understand that perhaps she was running from an abusive husband. but once she found a safe place, why wouldn't she try to have contact with her child?
    I read through old missing stuff about her, and there's her dear brother Daniel saying she would "never" have left her child, she would never have missed her daughter's 15th birthday (quincinera) and they even named the young man she was last seen with before she disappeared. Bet his life has been fun.

I just want to smack people in the head who do this.

Holy cow!!!

I remember hearing about her. How odd is it that she was surprised that she was "found" after she abandoned her car at the post office and didn't pick up her son from daycare?

Wow. . just wow! :shakeshead:

Being a Snohomish County girl myself, I think this is the first person found living on the playing card deck published. I am so happy she's alive. I cannot imagine a life where I would disappear and just leave my children but I have obviously not walked even a yard in her shoes and am just glad she's safe. Hopefully she'll be able to re-establish some relationships. Here is her playing card with picture...

Not that it matters now but did she go missing in December of 93 or 94?

Really. It's not a crime to drop your child off at daycare and then skip town? REALLY???

http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/us/...ing-woman.kiro