New site lets parents rent toys for Christmas

Reality Orlando

Verified Aquaculturalist
Reaction score
“It’s the ideal situation for the holiday time,” Paul said. “You can stuff toys under the tree for under 50 bucks. If you were out there buying them, there’s just no way you could do that.”

Paul and Pam choose the toys that are best suited for their son Will and just like Netflix, they go into a cue. Depending on the service plan, every month or every other month, a box comes in the mail with a new set of toys from the cue. When the time is up, send the toys back and a new box will be on its way."

"...One mom we talked with liked the concept, but wasn’t thrilled about the idea of her kids playing with toys that had already been around the block with who knows how many other kids. Toygaroo says all the toys are carefully sanitized and re-sealed in plastic before they are shipped to a new home. Paul says all the toys they’ve seen have been like new."

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2011/12/01/parents-can-rent-toys-at-new-website/

Such a cute idea. I guess you would just have to explain to little johnny or jill why you're boxing up their toys and shipping them back ;) Oh well, at least they have new toys to play with!

Personally, I think it's brilliant and saves from having to buy toys over and over when they get bored with the old ones!

Mel

Such a cute idea. I guess you would just have to explain to little johnny or jill why you're boxing up their toys and shipping them back ;) Oh well, at least they have new toys to play with!

Personally, I think it's brilliant and saves from having to buy toys over and over when they get bored with the old ones!

Mel

If they even notice! I agree that they get bored with them pretty quickly. So sad.

I suppose if they like something from the box you can buy it new then. Some of the stuff the children will probably never miss.

Sounds cruel to me, give the kid a toy- then have to take it back! I like better the idea of renting Christmas trees than toys!

Sounds cruel to me, give the kid a toy- then have to take it back! I like better the idea of renting Christmas trees than toys!

You're talking artificial trees, right? The whole "live tree rental" thing probably would only last a season. :crazy:

I was thinking the same thing as you. The younger kids wouldn't understand why their toy was being taken away....and sometimes they can get so attached to things, so quickly! However, I could see this working well with older kids...especially with game cartridges, etc.

It sounds like a nightmare to me, with the ease with which some toys break, as well as missing/lost parts...I'd rather spend the rental money on less toys that they really want, and could keep.

Mel

Luckily, we are in a position with 2 girls close in age that our toys get recycled. And then when DD#2 is done with them, they get passed on to family and friends, or donated.

You're talking artificial trees, right? The whole "live tree rental" thing probably would only last a season. :crazy:

I was thinking the same thing as you. The younger kids wouldn't understand why their toy was being taken away....and sometimes they can get so attached to things, so quickly! However, I could see this working well with older kids...especially with game cartridges, etc.

It sounds like a nightmare to me, with the ease with which some toys break, as well as missing/lost parts...I'd rather spend the rental money on less toys that they really want, and could keep.
No, I just read an article about it a couple of days ago, they are live in huge pots and they replant them in the forest... It might convince a friend's husband who never gets one, because he is against cutting down trees, to get one.

Luckily, we are in a position with 2 girls close in age that our toys get recycled. And then when DD#2 is done with them, they get passed on to family and friends, or donated.
That's fine, we used to do that when we had a used children's store near us, but I don't think it's right to take away a brand-new Christmas present.:twocents:

That's fine, we used to do that when we had a used children's store near us, but I don't think it's right to take away a brand-new Christmas present.:twocents:

Oh, I agree with you.

No, I just read an article about it a couple of days ago, they are live in huge pots and they replant them in the forest... It might convince a friend's husband who never gets one, because he is against cutting down trees, to get one.

Now THAT is intriguing! I was thinking "cut" trees. :blush:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galluvstrucrime