Is Lisa's case going to end up a cold case?

eileenhawkeye

Reaction score
It's been two months since Lisa went missing. It has been said that if a case isn't solved within a very short amount of time after it happens, it will probably never be solved. That definitely seems to be true, based on all the cases posted on WS. I've noticed that in some cases, there's an arrest made within the first week, but with every other case, the months and years go by and it's still unsolved.

How do you see this case progressing? Does your theory about whether the family was involved play a part in whether you think the case will be solved? Do you think Lisa needs to be found before any arrests can be made? Do you think that as time goes by, and the case is still unsolved, there will be speculation that LE had tunnel vision, that perhaps an intruder was involved?

What do you think the Irwins will do? Will they let the case fade from the media as it gets colder and colder? Or will they do what they can to keep it in the spotlight?

(BTW, I made a similar topic on Kyron's forum back in March, and his case remains unsolved. :(

Once I read the parents comment that " things were getting better" ---that made me think this was going to the cold case file. If the parents do not push LE to solve a case it often ends up not being solved at all.

I agree about the family not being involved in trying to find the baby being a big drawback. They should be pushing LE and yes, I am afraid this is a cold case as far as being solved. I think LE knows what happened but can't really prove it yet

Without a body, or the parents cooperation, I see this going the way of Kryon Horman, Hailey Dunn, and Haleigh Cummings. All unsolved...like so many others.

Note: Mr. Horman was very cooperative (it was the step-mommy that was not).

However, Caylee was found after 6 months so I still have a little hope. The cases mentioned above have gone on far too long. I'll keep on praying.

MOO

Mel

It seems to me that every time someone asks if this is gonna be a cold case, it is.

i think it's 50/50 at this point, for me, if this case goes cold. whether it be abduction or parental involvement. all it takes is one tip.

It seems to me that every time someone asks if this is gonna be a cold case, it is.

I think that's because in high profile cases, there seems to be a shift from when the case is moving at 100 MPH, to when it starts to slow down. With Lisa's case, we are seeing that the command center was shut down, that there haven't been press conferences recently, that we no longer need a MSM thread, etc. When a case starts to quiet down, it starts to resemble our cold cases, and we start to worry that it will end up the same way.

It's been two months since Lisa went missing. It has been said that if a case isn't solved within a very short amount of time after it happens, it will probably never be solved. That definitely seems to be true, based on all the cases posted on WS. I've noticed that in some cases, there's an arrest made within the first week, but with every other case, the months and years go by and it's still unsolved.

How do you see this case progressing? Does your theory about whether the family was involved play a part in whether you think the case will be solved? Do you think Lisa needs to be found before any arrests can be made? Do you think that as time goes by, and the case is still unsolved, there will be speculation that LE had tunnel vision, that perhaps an intruder was involved?

What do you think the Irwins will do? Will they let the case fade from the media as it gets colder and colder?[/B] Or will they do what they can to keep it in the spotlight?
(BTW, I made a similar topic on Kyron's forum back in March, and his case remains unsolved. :(

BBM

I believe they have already tried to distance themselves from this case. This is not the way ANY mothers I know would act if their child were missing. IF they were going to do what they can to keep it in the spotlight, they would have already done that!!

I think it totally depends on whether or not Lisa is found...if she isn't...then I doubt there will be any charges brought against anyone. It just doesn't seem to happen, in the case of children, except in extremely rarities, when the child remains missing. JMO

BBM

I believe they have already tried to distance themselves from this case. This is not the way ANY mothers I know would act if their child were missing. IF they were going to do what they can to keep it in the spotlight, they would have already done that!!

A significant difference between Kyron and Lisa's case---one that will affect their cases' public exposure in the years to come---is that Kyron's parents want their son to be found, and will do whatever they can to publicize the case. If Lisa's parents are guilty, I can see why they would want the case to go away. Kyron's parents want his name in the news, yet it's been difficult after the developments stop coming in, what is going to happen to Lisa's case in the media if her parents decide to never talk again?

The window to find the infant is very small. Stats support that more than 95% of the time, a relative is involved. LE must convince them to talk in the first week. If they can get them talking, nine times out of ten, there will be a confession...and the parent/caretaker will lead them to the child.

Once the Defense Attorneys enter, this is no longer an option for LE. The case comes to a screeching halt. When the parents do not cooperate, the perception will be they have something to hide. That assessment is usually correct. There will be no evidence in a soft kill. They need the parent to talk...sadly their attorneys will not allow it.

Quite observant on your part. Yep, this case is cold already. Over a thousand tips and no leads will tell anyone what is going on here. The parents have lawyered up. The case is done..Put a fork in it.

Quite observant on your part. Yep, this case is cold already. Over a thousand tips and no leads will tell anyone what is going on here. The parents have lawyered up. The case is done..Put a fork in it.

How long will it take LE to declared it a cold case though I was always under the impression a case wouldn't be classed as cold unless it was 1year+ ?

I watch too much cold case:))

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

BBM

I completely agree. Michelle Parker's mother has made many pleas for the return of her daughter and has gone as far as crawling into dumpsters looking for her. Michelle's mother and other family members are doing everything they can to keep Michelle in the spotlight. Her mother's pleas are heartbreaking and you can feel a sense of urgency. The contrast between Michelle's family's response and DB/JI's response to their missing baby is striking. I get the sense that they know she's not coming back. The comment about "things getting better" just blew me away.

How long will it take LE to declared it a cold case though I was always under the impression a case wouldn't be classed as cold unless it was 1year+ ?

I don't think that there is a time frame, just that LE is no longer actively investigating the case. "Cold case refers to a scene of a crime or an accident that has not yet been solved to the full and is not the subject of a recent criminal investigation, but for which new information could emerge from new witness testimony, re-examined archives, retained material evidence, as well as fresh activities of the suspect."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_case_(criminology)

IMO, this is already a cold case.

It already has. In my opinion Deborah paid attention to the Casey Anthony trial and learned the critical lesson...

Hide the corpse and shut your mouth

Hide the body long enough and you are figuratively and literally gold. It doesn't matter what you do beyond that. You can even go out and get some celebratory ink done, you can barter exclusive media deals and maybe get a little celebrity cash, it's all good.

I don't think that there is a time frame, just that LE is no longer actively investigating the case. "Cold case refers to a scene of a crime or an accident that has not yet been solved to the full and is not the subject of a recent criminal investigation, but for which new information could emerge from new witness testimony, re-examined archives, retained material evidence, as well as fresh activities of the suspect."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_case_(criminology)

IMO, this is already a cold case.

BBM

I don't think Lisa's case is cold yet; there is recent criminal investigation in Lisa's case. I think LE is hindered by the parents' not cooperating to LE's satisfaction, but I do believe that LE is pushing for everything they can get from other witnesses, relatives, etc... (which could possibly mean more witnesses if there were people coming and going from the house that night and someone starts naming names)...

I don't know if the case will go cold. Sure hope not. If it does go cold, I hope it doesn't stay that way forever. I didn't think Gail Palmgren was ever going to be found and was barely following the case anymore. It was cold. When I checked in last night, I was shocked to learn that Gail and her vehicle had just been found after over 7 months (very close to her home; in a dense area that I believe had been searched before). So, her case just went from cold to hot in an instant. Anything can happen...

I think a case is cold when there is no confession, no evidence and no leads. I somehow think though that most people wait about a year before it's official...just guessing..

When there are over a thousand tips and not one of them is productive, it's pretty darn cold. They have a huge reward...not a bite. How many times have we seen this? Each time it was a family member or the last person to see the victim. Rarely does anyone ever collect. If that baby was out there and alive, somebody would want that reward and sing like a canary.

In Kyron's case, there was about 3500 tips in the first three months, compared to 1000 tips in the first two months of Lisa's case. I wonder why such a big difference?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back