Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Audrey Gleave, retired teacher, viciously murdered in home, Ancaster Ontario, #5

[QUOTE=dotr;8113611]http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Crime/20.../19948561.html
    That was the first of many times he has tried to reason with the clean-cut, well-dressed teenage boys, who he believes live in the area.

I heard this guy interviewed on CFRB, and it's unbelievable what he's gone through to try and catch these kids in the act. The sad part is, even if he does/and/or retaliates, it will be him who will be punished. What a shame all he can hope for is these kids grow up and find bigger and better things to do, let's hope they're legit and not stealing cars, robbing banks etc .

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LilyMacBloom For This Useful Post:

[quote=LilyMacBloom;8119481]
    Quote Originally Posted by dotr View Post
    http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Crime/20.../19948561.html
    That was the first of many times he has tried to reason with the clean-cut, well-dressed teenage boys, who he believes live in the area.

I heard this guy interviewed on CFRB, and it's unbelievable what he's gone through to try and catch these kids in the act. The sad part is, even if he does/and/or retaliates, it will be him who will be punished. What a shame all he can hope for is these kids grow up and find bigger and better things to do, let's hope they're legit and not stealing cars, robbing banks etc .
    Not only kids engage in this behavior, some may be hired in some cases such as this one in link below (there are others..) Sometimes I wonder if it is to acquire desirable real estate...?
    http://www.torontosun.com/2011/11/08...-to-quebec-ave

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dotr For This Useful Post:

Yikes! I think I might have to agree with the realestate thought!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LilyMacBloom For This Useful Post:

Meantime, a followup on a earlier posting about an aggresive internet troll and I do not mean LM ,although this also stems from Montreal.
    <rsbm>

Long shot here, but an interesting snippet wrt LRM and a possible connection to the Hamilton area ...

Given LRM's fascination with all things Homolka, it is creepy to note that canada411 has a listing for a KH in Hamilton (Note, it is the initial K only). Just wondering if LRM went skulking around the Hamilton area with a view to finding Karla.

Then my mind skips to LRM's affinity for gore and films and the haunting/horror(?) films in the Ancaster area ... and neighbours saying they had seen someone wearing a hoodie and carrying a backpack going down AG's driveway.

I can't recall all our convos wrt the filming in the area, but seem to recall that at one point we were discussing a specific address in a somewhat affluent neighbourhood. Can anyone give me some hints which thread those convos might be in or any specific words that might jog my memory? Pretty please?

ETA: These days, it seems memory jogging is the most athletic thing i do
    Last edited by sillybilly; 07-12-2012 at 02:18 PM. Reason: ETA

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sillybilly For This Useful Post:

The movie was Cyborg Soldier with Tiffani Thiessen. I thought it was the cemetery next to AG's home where some of the filming took place - do not recall anyone's home being used.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Woodland For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Woodland View Post
    The movie was Cyborg Soldier with Tiffani Thiessen. I thought it was the cemetery next to AG's home where some of the filming took place - do not recall anyone's home being used.
    Thanks anyway Woodland, but that wasn't what I had in mind. There is some place where a lot of filming takes place (iirc, to the east of AG's) that is supposedly known for hauntings / ghost stories.

OH, just came up with it ... the Hermitage Ruins is the location i was thinking of. Based on that, i might be able to find our old convos.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sillybilly For This Useful Post:

It was the film, that caused AG to ask for neighbour's email.
    http://www.thespec.com/news/crime/ar...-area-homicide
    " But a couple of years ago, after a movie shoot on the street, Gleave asked Linda Ferguson for her e-mail and a copy of the film clip."

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dotr For This Useful Post:

Haunted Hamilton

http://www.hauntedhamilton.com/local_auchmar.html
    Sillybilly, we discussed the movie Harold and Maude a bit( not filmed in Hamilton, an unusual story about elderly woman and a young man's romance(both enjoy cemeteries)

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dotr For This Useful Post:

Audrey Gleave

To my mind, she knew her victim.
    The death scene alone, went according to her perception as to how she would die. And she did!
    Only those of whom she confided in would know it!!

Not a passer-by, not a mailbox raider, or destoyer!

She was expecting someone and opened that garage door, which was always locked. Only Audrey had the the ability to open it up on the inside.
    If there was a key pad on the outside, and we don't know about that, then someone must have known the code.
    That is my opinion.

If her garage door was left open during the day, and she was standing in the garage to have a smoke and go outside, then that may place a stranger at an advantage. However, Audrey would not have had her dogs caged up - they would have been in the garage and ready to go out.

This is my own personal opinion.

DW
    Last edited by dreamwatcher; 07-22-2012 at 08:27 PM. Reason: To correct spelling

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dreamwatcher For This Useful Post:

1. "Your warm heart and infectious smile and laugh you made me feel welcomed in your home"
    This from C.K. from the Memorial Website. Does this mean the bench in the garage, or was this person (and by extension perhaps more people than P.K. or L.V. thought) welcome IN her home. Audrey kept her friend's separate she could also have kept info like this separate so that for example P.K. felt privileged. Is there a possible reason C.K. would want people to think she had been IN Audrey's home? (P.K. certainly seems to have really been in her home in her bedroom, bathroom possibly all her rooms). On the other hand could there be any reason LV would want others believe she had NOT been in Audrey's home other than once? ( I need to pose this rhetorically).

2. Going by M.F.'s mother's obituary the witness MF seems to be a partner or spouse of RV and the R first name is surely a woman's name?
    3. I think the motive is financial though this can easily be mingled with hatred or contempt. I think the will is clearly fraudulent (will have to write again about this). I think there was more money possibly lots. The motive is financial. I think the killer knew Audrey very very well and did feel resentment and contempt towards her but that this was summoned up to some extent to rationalize in the killer's mind the kill for money. And yes to make it look like a man. Yes possibly to mimic SV in the eyes of police. I think there is more than one person sharing. And thus there is some hope LE can find the weak link among them. And yes police have already interviewed the killer or killers.
    4. I do not think the murderer is likely to be male though on the other had the murderer could have been hired and male.

5. The dogs were drugged for example the meds Audrey bought for her dog could have been tampered with.

6. I agree there was money in the house. I think Audrey was held and possibly tortured until she gave up the location or locations. Or they needed time in the house to find the money hence the messages etc. Some of the people we know of could be dupes not perps P.K. in particular.
    7. There could be some other reason for the hatred I do not think we know what it is.
    Last edited by Chorley8; 07-23-2012 at 03:10 AM. Reason: staying within rules

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chorley8 For This Useful Post:

I still check here everyday. I too believe Ms Gleave knew her killer well and the motive was money, resentment and maybe rationalized by a sense of entitlement.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Canadian4 For This Useful Post:

question

I've been trying to catch up on this case saying up late each night this week - still not through all the threads! I must say I think this is the best thread I have looked at very good sleuthing. Please help me catch up:

On the memorial site all the pictures of Audrey superimposed on billboards etc. what they heck is that? No doubt someone has addressed this here? What Audrey involved in women's right to choose (or right to life) issues?

Thanks so much!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Chorley8 For This Useful Post:

questions

1 Is there a plan of the house? How many rooms in the house could be accessed with the dogs still penned up (assuming that at that moment they are not drugged asleep).

2 Who is the last person to see with their own eyes Audrey alive BEFORE the vet visit and when was it? Also who claims that they actually spoke directly on the phone not on email to Audrey during her last week? Also were they sure it was Audrey (when you have the flu your voice can become unrecognizable.)

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chorley8 For This Useful Post:

http://www.thespec.com/news/local/ar...-trade-workers
    "Someone may be preying on sex trade workers

Police wonder if there are more victims of ‘bad date'"

"The suspect in Sunday's assault is35 to 40 years old, 5-foot-10 to 6 feet tall with a large, muscular build, shaved head and clean-shaven face. He was wearing a white T-shirt with a design or logo on the front.

The car he was driving was a silver, four-door older model with dark tinted windows, clean interior and a child seat in the back".

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dotr For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Chorley8 View Post
    I've been trying to catch up on this case saying up late each night this week - still not through all the threads! I must say I think this is the best thread I have looked at very good sleuthing. Please help me catch up:

On the memorial site all the pictures of Audrey superimposed on billboards etc. what they heck is that? No doubt someone has addressed this here? What Audrey involved in women's right to choose (or right to life) issues?

Thanks so much!
    May I suggest perusing this page in regards to motive, sexual component, female authority and rage, gender issues..
    http://websleuths.com/forums/showthr...=3#post6633075

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dotr For This Useful Post:

http://www.thespec.com/news/local/ar...-trade-workers
    "Someone may be preying on sex trade workers

The car he was driving was a silver, four-door older model with dark tinted windows, clean interior and a child seat in the back".
    snipped:

AND A CHILD SEAT IN THE BACK........................ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LilyMacBloom For This Useful Post:

http://www.thespec.com/news/local/ar...ally-assaulted
    "Hamilton woman stabbed and sexually assaulted
    "Hamilton police are seeking information from the public after a woman was attacked from behind and stabbed early Saturday morning while walking westbound on King Street near Paradise Road and Longwood Road.

Police say the woman was alone when a lone man attacked at about 2 a.m. He is in his 20s, white, 6-feet tall, with short dark hair and a tan or sunburn.

After stabbing the victim the man “grabbed her sexually,” the police report says".

34. The Following User Says Thank You to dotr For This Useful Post:

(Messing with mailboxes...)

http://www.thespec.com/news/local/ar...an-trafficking
    "Woman pleads guilty plea to fraud, human trafficking

"Anna Maria Lukacs came to this country with her husband and children claiming to be a refugee in need of Canada’s protection. But she will leave a convicted criminal, brought down in the largest human trafficking ring bust in Canadian history.

Lukacs, 37, pleaded guilty Friday to participating in the criminal organization that recruited human trafficking victims from Hungary and also organized an elaborate mailbox cheque theft ring."

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dotr For This Useful Post:

Answering my own question you might want to establish that you had been in someone's house if you were worried that your or someone in your family's DNA could be found in their house.

Thanks Dotr for the links re gender/rage issues and it helped with the timeline which I think I now understand. I am less charmed by P.K. I was impressed initially with his apparent candour. The Facebook page for the business, the timing and the comments is odd as some have mentioned.

I'm interested in the financial angle since a professional executor lives in the neighbourhood they have been involved in deaths called suspicious, have been executor an inordinate number of times, they or their friends have "found" their elderly friends dead and lo and behold they are the executor again! Not mentioned here though. In Canada nobody keeps a record of how often a person has been an executor. Very strange that her pets are not mentioned strange that that person would get all of her money and her husband would even if she were to die strange that no reward was offered, alternatively a scholarship, a book prize at Westdale nothing! That does suggest contempt.

But noting the alleged extreme violence which strangely P.K. did not see (how is that possible if Hrab is correct?) it is tough to understand why if money was the motive and they knew Audrey well they would not simply stage a suicide or an accident.

It is hard to imagine that Audrey could know anything of importance from her Chalk River days but who knows?

38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chorley8 For This Useful Post:

Doveika Doveiko

For what it is worth if anything: checked some Hamilton city directories at the library today and Audrey's father for several years is listed under Doveiko from 1947 - at some point it is changed to Doveika. I can check more closely if anyone thinks it matters it probably does not. Audrey is listed as working for Bell.

I know people change their names and people doing the directories make mistakes. But sometimes people have a reason to make themselves a bit less findable.

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chorley8 For This Useful Post:

Lightbulb

Well, here it is August already. I'm posting this in Audrey's thread because I'm still convinced that Sonia's killer is the same person as Audrey's killer.

Sonia is on my mind more than ever now.

LE must solve these crime.

Hope reigns eternal.
    Seeking justice for Audrey Gleave
    -------------------------------------------
    *ALL POSTS ARE MY OWN OPINIONS UNLESS I GIVE A LINK OR REFER TO OTHERS*
    “The inspiration you seek is already inside you. Be silent and listen." ~ Rumi

42. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to No_Stone_Unturned For This Useful Post:

[QUOTE=dreamwatcher;8179864]To my mind, she knew her victim.
    The death scene alone, went according to her perception as to how she would die. And she did!
    Only those of whom she confided in would know it!!

Not a passer-by, not a mailbox raider, or destoyer!

She was expecting someone and opened that garage door, which was always locked. Only Audrey had the the ability to open it up on the inside.
    If there was a key pad on the outside, and we don't know about that, then someone must have known the code.
    That is my opinion.

snipped by me: Chorley's posts have made me go back again! I have re-read-and put together in sequence all of PK's posts.
    In his one post he says that he HAD the code for the garage door and AG told him, he was NOT to share it and that he was the ONLY one to know the code. (or so he believed)

44. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LilyMacBloom For This Useful Post:

not that this really matters much Aug 3 2011 was the first post by PK
    Sept 28 2011 being the final post, 16 posts in total. The last post is "un signed" uncharacteristic for PK, almost like he was interrupted and he never posted again.

PK seems to have "known" a more mellow Aud than my acquaintence has described to me. A more mellow Aud than some of her students commented on the Expositor comments section I remember reading.

He certainly seemed to know her very well including how many cigs she smoked/day. I bet my own husband couldn't tell you how many cigs I smoke/day, unless of course Aud shared this info with him. Which wouldn't prob be the truth anyway cuz not many smokers admits how many they smoke/day LOL!

PK speculated he thought Aud was expecting someone that fatefal day.

just some ramblings to keep the thread bumped.

46. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LilyMacBloom For This Useful Post:

The Vet

Audrey's well respected Vet. passed away recently. Just fyi
    http://www.canadianobituaries.com/g-...y-21-2012.html

48. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to amron For This Useful Post:

Lightbulb

Quoted from LilyMacBloom:

<<< PK speculated he thought Aud was expecting someone that fatefal day.>>>

I wonder what caused PK to speculate that. Did Audrey seem to be 'anxious' as we often are when someone special is stopping by? Or , was Audrey simply 'busy' preparing to meet this person?

And then again.....if PK thought that Audrey would be visiting with someone, why would he choose that day to deliver the cake?

Still, more questions than answers.
    Seeking justice for Audrey Gleave
    *ALL POSTS ARE MY OWN OPINIONS UNLESS I GIVE A LINK OR REFER TO OTHERS*
    “The inspiration you seek is already inside you. Be silent and listen." ~ Rumi

50. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to No_Stone_Unturned For This Useful Post:

Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast