CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salem

Former Member
Reaction score
Please continue here.

Please remember not to name or sleuth innocent individuals.

Thanks Everyone!

Salem

Thread #4 has been pulled for review.

Thread #3
Thread #2
Thread #1

Oh look - a new thread for AG! Just posting so I can easily locate the thread in order to keep up. <modsnip>.

Hope LE finds the perp SOON!!:twocents:

Have obtained 2 of AG's signatures from the 70's from my lawyer. He was remiss in my request to obtain a signature from either 2007 or 2008, and have notified him as such. Trust that will come soon.

According to Salem it's OK to post them however I choose to wait for the mods to put the Will back on-line as well as Hazel's clever post that lined up the initials at the bottom of each page of the Will.

When that happens I will have confidence that all is OK with posts regarding the Will. If not, I can give this paid for info to someone else - <modsnip>, only that it is reviewed and compared in one place. <modsnip>.

<modsnip>, I wanted to repeat my post to those of you who celebrate Christmas. :christmastree: Please be happy and be well!

As it's been one year since SL's brutal attack and almost one year since AG was murdered, I'll not be posting here much, if at all. I joined this site because of AG's ungodly killing. I'm afraid to say it but I feel that it's now all up to LE to find these perps. I believe we've exhausted all possibilities regarding these crimes. I'm also very interested in SV's murder, but again, time is passing quickly on that crime.

:santahat: and :newyear: to all of you.

<modsnip>

<modsnip>.

Stone
:seeya:

<mod snip>

Where do we go from here? The thread has been so quiet -- would I be correct in saying that for those who are vested in seeking justice for AG on this thread may also be quite sad this evening.

<mod snip>.:gthanks:

IMO

<mod snip>
Where do we go from here? The thread has been so quiet -- would I be correct in saying that for those who are vested in seeking justice for AG on this thread may also be quite sad this evening.

<mod snip>:gthanks:

IMO

Hi ROS:
I can only speak for myself, but the exposing of AG's will was only part of my decision.

To seek justice for Audrey Gleave and Shelley Lorriane Loder, I hope this thread will be bursting with activity as we are now in the sad month of December.

ROS, for me, your words here are truly kind and heartfelt. :)

Be well and happy everyone. Please keep up the good fight for AG!!

Stone

------------

ETA: Quoted from nicgumshoe:

Paid for? Hmmm! Maybe we should also see if her shoe size from the 1970's matched the size she was wearing too.

Thanks, nic - we needed a bit of levity today! :floorlaugh: And so true as well! :floorlaugh:

<mod snip>

<mod snip> :gthanks:

IMO

Thanks for your kind post! I was a bit under the weather today and I apologize to every one. <mod snip> So let's pretend I wished you all a merry xmas in advance...and then I'll wish you all merry xmas again later, too :) Or better yet, happy holiday season <mod snip>.

I love reading your posts too btw, and hope everybody sticks around until AG's killer is caught. <mod snip>

So, I'm putting my thinking cap back on tonite and am coming back fresh tomorrow!

Thanks for your kind post! I was a bit under the weather today and I apologize to every one. <mod snip> So let's pretend I wished you all a merry xmas in advance...and then I'll wish you all merry xmas again later, too :) Or better yet, happy holiday season <mod snip>.

I love reading your posts too btw, and hope everybody sticks around until AG's killer is caught. <mod snip>

So, I'm putting my thinking cap back on tonite and am coming back fresh tomorrow!

This post from nic and also the post from roseofsharon have inspired me!

<mod snip> I am determined to help find AG's killer. And the perps in the SL and SV crimes as well.

<mod snip>

Shall do my best to continue posting here regarding AG, SL and SV. All crimes hurt my heart, but for some reason, these crimes touched me deeply.

Stone

:great::great::great::great::great::great::great::great::great::great::great:

HOORAY!!! Welcome<modsnip> NoStone and Nic!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is wonderful news!!!

I know what you mean NoStone, for some reason I feel the same way about these three women (SV, SL and AG) and I think it is because they are so close to home and I want to see justice for the three of them. I agree, all the cases are so important, but I just want to focus on these ladies for now.

We don't hear any updates from LE, as far as them getting any closer to an arrest in these cases, so that's why I feel if we keep up the activity here, we just may be able to assist them.

That being said and since this is the AG thread, this is just IMO, but maybe we should start from the beginning, seeing that we are coming upon the first anniversary of AG's murder. I know there will be a lot of repetition doing this, but we may have missed something and will catch it this time or if we have new posters, something may stand out that didn't before.

I really like dotr's post (paraphrashing) -- what was different for AG last year living alone in that house during the holiday season, that was different from previous years. Would this be a good place to pick up the discussion?

IMO, AG was, in a sense, lured into her garage by someone familiar to her, so she thought she was safe.

I'm SO GLAD we're back on track here!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey folks ... with all that pent-up energy, why not traipse on over to help us solve the very tragic Vicky Shachtay case out of Alberta:

RCMP confirm bomb killed young Innisfail mother - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

or the Taylor Van Diest case, or the Long Island Serial Killer case, etc, etc, etc

Sadly, there's no end to them

Sillybilly - I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate your post and I'm going to try and give the other threads some time too! As I mentioned in my post, because our three women (SV, SL and AG) are so close to home, they hold a special place in my heart.

Thanks Roseofsharon for the reminder and thanks to JW, for the amazing series of articles about Audrey. So from the beginning, it seems to go like this..

http://www.thespec.com/news/local/article/595858--who-is-audrey-gleave
On Monday, Dec. 27, 2010, the morning broke sunny and cold. Audrey had not been feeling well.

She sent an email to Phil, a 22-year-old McMaster University engineering graduate student who did small jobs around the house and property for her. He had recently erected a new mailbox at the end of the driveway. Someone had knocked down the last one.

Phil was a rare acquaintance she welcomed inside her house. They would sit on the sofa and chat. He called her Aud.

That familiarity had been a mixed blessing when it came to Audrey’s dogs, though — two German shepherds who were so protective they would circle her as though forming a wall, barking and nipping at Phil no matter how many times he visited.

In addition to sending the email to Phil, she sent the same message later that day to Linda, a neighbour across the street, whom she knew but had never welcomed inside the house.

Audrey always shared jokes, articles and videos by email. But this one was different. It was a concert rendition of a spiritual hymn. She was not a religious person, though, and never forwarded songs.

Later, she sent a new email, to Phil:

Monday, Dec. 27, 2010, 10:46 a.m.

Subject: report

By Sunday the weakness was disappearing but still there. And would you believe that this morning I got a secondary infection; runny nose, runny eyes, sneezing. But at least I don’t feel weak so don’t think I’ve a fever. I’m just annoyed with it. Hope it gets better because I intend to have coffee Wed. come hell or high water. I’ve got cabin fever. Lynne is coming over with soup in a few minutes.

Bary"

The horrible news about AG was received by her former brother in law, who recalls that AG had commented that one day she would be raped and murdered in her own home.

"Soon after the news broke, the phone rang at the home of D G in British Columbia. It was his brother, A, on the line.

A G was Audrey&#8217;s ex-husband. To D, A did not sound upset, the voice was matter-of-fact. But then, A had not been in touch with her for many years.

&#8220;Did you hear the news about Audrey?&#8221; A asked.

A had not been contacted by Hamilton detectives about the murder. Police would not call Audrey&#8217;s ex-husband for five months. Instead he had heard the news when Hamilton Spectator reporter Danielle Wong called him.

Unlike his brother, D had been in touch with Audrey in recent years. He remembered something she once told him.

Audrey had said she feared she would one day be raped and murdered in her home."
http://www.thespec.com/news/local/article/595858--who-is-audrey-gleave

Please do NOT make 'goodbye' posts. Also, if you feel there is nothing left to sleuth here, that's fine. Move on to another case if you like. But don't post about it and don't try to discourage others from continuing their work here.

Good sleuthing has been done in this case and continues to be done in this case. You do not have to participate if you would prefer not to, but it is against TOS to try to discourage others, make passive agressive posts about leaving, or team up or appear to team up against other posters and discourage their efforts.

The will is a public document and as AG did not have any family, the will could contain clues as to what happened to AG. She was viciously murdered and all efforts should be made on her behalf to find the perp or perps. Comparison of signatures is also very pertinent to this case. If you prefer not to participate in those elements of the sleuthing, that's fine. Ignore the posts that discuss it, BUT under no circumstances is it fine to try to discourage those that are working so hard.

If you have questions -- PM me or any other mod/admin and we will be happy to help you.

Thanks,

Salem

A few months ago, I drove past AG's home. Since being on that road, I don't feel that the mailbox had anything to do with the killer. I think it would have been very easy for a car to take out the mailbox accidently on that road, unless AG had reflector tape on the post. At night, that road would be very dark, as would any country road.

Of note, a row of trees obscure AG's home somewhat, as they do with SL's home.

If AG was not the type of person to keep medicinals in her home, could she have possibly slipped out after LV dropped off the soup to pick up decongestant, etc., for her symptoms and have possibly been followed home from that location. If so, did she leave something behind in a store and it was being dropped off. Did LE get a print out of all incoming and outgoing calls from her home phone. I don't think AG had a cell phone.

She may have felt that LV was doing enough by bringing her the soup and didn't want to ask her to stop at a store.

I'm still feeling it is local. The illness at xmas 2010 is probably significant, as she probably was well at xmas 2009.

IMO

Quoted from roseofsharon:

Of note, a row of trees obscure AG's home somewhat, as they do with SL's home.

ROS, I've never driven/been past AG's home.

QUESTION:
Are these trees which you saw filled in enough to hide a criminal/attacker? Or, are they spaced out at intervals? Also, you said "trees" - are we to understand that they are tall fully grown 'trees' or could they be considered "thick bushes"? If so, could the killer have hidden in the 'bushes'? I mean - would they be thick enough?

Oh, and before I forget - I also think the killer was someone AG knew/expected to arrive at her house that horrible night. (Could she have had cough meds, etc. delivered from a pharmacy?)

Many thanks!!

Stone

--------------

ETA:
Maybe we should make a list of the similarities with AG, SL and SV. I'll start, kindly add to the lsit:

- extremely brutal - overkill in all cases
- the victims were alone when the perp(s) attacked
- remote areas where the victims were located/found
- all professional women
- all very intelligent
- all in an area of Southern Ontario where it's easy to travel to and from
- all (as of this minute) not solved by LE
- all savyy - used the internet, etc.
- all married or had male companions at one time
- all well-liked by friends/neighbours
- all (I think) pet lovers
- all had or were near horse farms/places

That's about it for me for now. Anyone else?? :)

I would have added a connection to photography between the victims (S.L. survived, good for her!), although I am not sure if photography was a part of S.V.'s life or not.
Also from the top of my head, I believe there was a connection related to the science/medical world and learning institutions between the three women, S.L's in the form of her husband taking nursing classes if I recall, will find link.

Quoted from dotr's link about SL and SV:

In attendance were criminal profilers from the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation's Virginia-based behavioural analysis unit, Ontario Provincial Police and the RCMP, plus senior homicide investigators from several forces, including York Region, Toronto and Ottawa.

So, at least we know that those people from that place near Washington, DC were involved with the SV killing! :)

:leaf2: :canada: :couch: :canada: :couch: :leaf2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member