Page 52 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chorley8 View Post
    hazel thanks your link just showed up so you covered that
    no problem at all Chorley (by the way, the link shows up only when logged in. If not login, I think the link is clickable)

This following article is totally unrelated. I guess this has already been discussed on another thread, but just in case there is no thread, I'll just post this link in here:
    Peel police find 2 hands in Mississauga river
    http://www.1310news.com/news/nationa...sissauga-river

ETA link to appropriate thread: Canada - Mississauga - Fem Body parts in Credit River - Aug'12
    Last edited by Hazel; 08-18-2012 at 02:30 AM.
    My posts are merely my humble opinion. Unless you are quoting within Websleuths Forums, you do not have my permission to copy nor use any post made by me for anything.
    ★ Thank you ★

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hazel For This Useful Post:

Thinking of rash, violent men taking and driving cars, this alleged one came to my attention...
    http://www.quintenews.com/2011/11/wa...rrested/22839/
    "After colliding with a vehicle on Dixon Road… then ditching the car on Ridgeview Lane… the suspect fled on foot and broke into a Murray Street apartment.
    The apartment owner suffered a serious… non-life threatening injury.. and police lost the suspect.
    But Kingston police found 41-year old Christopher Edgar in Kingston Thursday.
    He was arrested and charged with sexual assault, forcible confinement, break and enter, possession of stolen property, dangerous driving and flight from police".

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dotr For This Useful Post:

Thinking this woman was lucky to get away from this large man and wondering about confinement, sexual assault and violence, are there are others ... who could not get away ?...

http://www.kix935.com/more.jsp?conte...646_6840Quinte West OPP, Kingston Police and the Repeat Offender Parole Enforcement team picked up 41-year-old Christopher EDGAR last Thursday. He's been charged with sexual assault and forcible confinement after an apartment in Trenton was broken into and a woman was seriously injured

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dotr For This Useful Post:

Lightbulb

Well here we are at the beginning of the week of SV's murder anniversary. I STILL have this ungodly, niggling feeling that SV and AG were killed by the same person.

No, I have no proof. Just a deep gut feeling. Same with SL.

What ever happened with the DNA testing for the SV killer? Do we know anything about that? Have LE 'given up'? I hope not.

And as the nights get cooler and the trees will soon change colour, I keep coming back to AG and the way she was killed. At Christmas/New Year. AG will remain in my heart and soul forever.....at least until this crime is solved. And after that time as well.

And I shall NOT give up digging and searching and praying and hoping for an outcome from LE.

Rant over............
    Seeking justice for Audrey Gleave
    -------------------------------------------
    *ALL POSTS ARE MY OWN OPINIONS UNLESS I GIVE A LINK OR REFER TO OTHERS*
    “The inspiration you seek is already inside you. Be silent and listen." ~ Rumi

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to No_Stone_Unturned For This Useful Post:

NSU: I have the same feeling that Sonia's and Audrey's murders are not "stand alones" -- hence why I don't share the same suspicions of other posters here about financial motive (although i respect the work of those theorists, and recognize that I could be very mistaken; I remind us all that LE insists there is no connection between SV and AG). NSU, I psoted a video link for Sonia http://video.cnews.canoe.ca/video/fe.../1802865072001 on her page -- but there's really no new info.

And Audrey's case seems especially quiet in the news.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 2soccermom For This Useful Post:

I know this is Audrey's page, but I just wanted to mention briefly that CityTV is having a press conference for the Sonia Varaschin investigation today (aug 29). LE is conducting a new search of the area where Sonia was found, apparently based on new info from the public. Today/tonight/tomorrow marks the sad 2-year anniversary of Sonia's unsolved murder.
    Hope this is more than a photo opp....
    It would be such a relief to see some movement in Sonia's case.

I have posted this info here because I know some of us worry about a connection between Audrey's and Sonia's deaths.
    Last edited by 2soccermom; 08-29-2012 at 11:20 AM.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 2soccermom For This Useful Post:

financial motive

Quote Originally Posted by 2soccermom View Post
    NSU: I have the same feeling that Sonia's and Audrey's murders are not "stand alones" -- hence why I don't share the same suspicions of other posters here about financial motive (although i respect the work of those theorists, and recognize that I could be very mistaken; I remind us all that LE insists there is no connection between SV and AG). NSU, I psoted a video link for Sonia http://video.cnews.canoe.ca/video/fe.../1802865072001 on her page -- but there's really no new info.

And Audrey's case seems especially quiet in the news.
    I haven't yet emphasized: the info about the missing bankbooks and bank info is key in two ways:

1. Why would they be missing? It is a very odd souvenir for a sexual maniac to take.

2. Equally important: how would LV and others know they were "missing"? And a very important point why would they emphasize that they were missing? After all it might be enough to say that they couldn't locate them. To emphasize: she had never been in Audrey's house so would not be able to say what was missing and as someone here pointed out even PK could hardly say that with any real assurance.

3. Going around to banks and asking whether someone has an account there doesn't sound very efficient. Did the executor really hit all the banks? And then there are trust companies, out of town banks etc.

4. On that note does anyone know how, when you are an executor, you find out where someone banked? Is there a central database so that, you know, you would be sure you had all their accounts? What about safety deposits, securities anything? Surely you don't just go around and ask?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chorley8 For This Useful Post:

financial motive

Did Audrey keep gold, metals or cash in her own home? Or was she rumoured to?

I would be interested to know what her reputation was in the places she frequented. In towns like Ancaster and Lynden ever mild eccentricities can get someone labelled as crazy. Not letting people in your house could start rumours. (Bringing Soccer M's theory into it this it would be especially relevant to young people - if I was LE I would ask around the high school thinking of an under the radar young person or persons). In high income towns like Ancaster there are always disaffected teens who are not given proper attention by their parents and with so much roaming space things can get pretty wild. In the past Ancaster like other high income towns had lots of teen drug users don't know about now.

I noticed that the husband of the F. neighbour Audrey corresponded with when interviewed was sort of smirking or half smiling and said it concerned him because it was right across the street/road - that sounds incredibly distant. When people are murdered in Toronto in even the roughest hoods there are always a lot of grieving upset neighbours.

So why would this husband be so cool? (I am not blaming him just asking what it was about Audrey).

Why would P.K. post the Happy New Year's on FB you'd think all you would be talking about that day and as many people as you could would be Audrey. (Again not blaming him but something just doesn't jive why so cool?).

And then LV's description of the crime as "unconscionable" again a rather removed remark.

I find some of the attitude to AG a bit strange and it is not easy to see how she deserved it - and for it to continue after her death is strange. The media focus on her as a hermit which hardly fits someone who goes for drives in a Camarro, has weekly meetings with people, is very interested in the world.

I will cut this off but could go on and on on this issue: PK waiting by the car after finding her body.... if the police find a dead body in an unsecured house they get back-up. In such a relatively isolated spot how did he know he was safe? Where is all of this sang-froid coming from?

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chorley8 For This Useful Post:

Last edited by KateB; 06-09-2015 at 10:07 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dotr For This Useful Post:

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dotr For This Useful Post:

Lightbulb

Quoted from Chorley8:

<<< 4. On that note does anyone know how, when you are an executor, you find out where someone banked? Is there a central database so that, you know, you would be sure you had all their accounts? What about safety deposits, securities anything? Surely you don't just go around and ask? >>>

My husband and I are the executors (when the time comes) for an elderly friend of ours. Yes.....we have all of her banking info, her yearly income tax statements, her yearly charitable contributions, a key to her house, her desire for her beloved pets......basically everything.
    Seeking justice for Audrey Gleave
    *ALL POSTS ARE MY OWN OPINIONS UNLESS I GIVE A LINK OR REFER TO OTHERS*
    “The inspiration you seek is already inside you. Be silent and listen." ~ Rumi

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to No_Stone_Unturned For This Useful Post:

Limited Mobility? How could Audrey golf with limited mobility. She was short of breath from smoking and yet she still managed to golf. Or did she give up golfing - does anyone know?
    How can LV call Audrey reclusive, when Audrey went to her Coffee Club and golfed with her friends? Also shopped, and got about town. I don't believe Lv's term reclusive is one that I would use for her.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dreamwatcher For This Useful Post:

Hamilton has generously opened arms to a "persecuted" group, some of whom pay attention to bank accounts...
    http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Crime/20.../20160686.html

"The Canada Border Services Agency admits it's worried about "significant criminal activity" among Hungarian Roma - sometimes called Gypsies - who've made dubious refugee claims.

"The information provided to the criminal investigations division indicates that individuals believed to be from the Roma community, and involved in criminal activity, most commonly engage in skimming fraud and cheque fraud,"

snip

"The CBSA report also says Toronto police have warned there "is an indication that local gangs may be developing" among the mass arrivals of young Roma refugee claimants"

This is the more welcoming side..
    Last edited by KateB; 06-09-2015 at 10:06 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dotr For This Useful Post:

J.W.has a new book coming out that will include Audrey's case.
    Death's Shadow: True Tales of Homicide: Amazon.ca: Jon Wells: Books
    Last edited by KateB; 06-09-2015 at 10:06 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dotr For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Chorley8 View Post

I will cut this off but could go on and on on this issue: PK waiting by the car after finding her body.... if the police find a dead body in an unsecured house they get back-up. In such a relatively isolated spot how did he know he was safe? Where is all of this sang-froid coming from?
    Sorry for repeating myself (I've posted my response before; I know lots of folks don't agree but here it is anew): Pk has said that he didn't realize at first she was deceased; his initial thought was that she may have slipped on the ice. I know this is hard for many of us to believe, given that LE has called Audrey's murder an especially brutal one (I don't remember the exact wording). But we don't know if the savagery was immediately visible; there was a "sexual component" and indication that the killer made off with something "like a trophy" from the victim. That may not have been immediately visible to PK. And it is not unusual for people who encounter trauma to experience particular coping mechanisms; denial or refusal are classic responses. PK may not have been consciously able to recognize that Audrey was murdered --either because the material evidence did not indicate this except on close inspection OR because of psychic defensive mechanism. But something drove him out of her garage; at that moment, waiting outside, it would be reasonable to assume he was probably realizing she was gone.

I don't know who is guilty or innocent in Audrey's death. But for my part, I don't see PKs actions here as specifically cause for suspicion.We all cope differently with trauma -- and yet denial or refusal to recognize the severity of particular conditions is not an atypical response.

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 2soccermom For This Useful Post:

Page 52 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 ... LastLast