871 users online (159 members and 712 guests)  

Websleuths News

Exclamation Consumer Reports Study Backs Dr. Ozís Claim About Arsenic in Apple Juice

Just about two months after Dr. Mehmet Oz reported he found potentially dangerous levels of arsenic in apple juice, Consumer Reports released the details of its own investigation, which found 10 percent of sampled fruit juices contain arsenic and lead levels exceeding the federal drinking-water standards.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    Just about two months after Dr. Mehmet Oz reported he found potentially dangerous levels of arsenic in apple juice, Consumer Reports released the details of its own investigation, which found 10 percent of sampled fruit juices contain arsenic and lead levels exceeding the federal drinking-water standards.

Oh my gosh! My great-grandson LOVES apple juice! I have been really concerned about what apple juice would do to his little teeth, but I never thought of arsenic poisoning!

Quote Originally Posted by kgeaux View Post
    Oh my gosh! My great-grandson LOVES apple juice! I have been really concerned about what apple juice would do to his little teeth, but I never thought of arsenic poisoning!
    You would be shocked what the FDA allows in your food. They claim that since it's such a small amount that it won't hurt you, but I'm seeing more and more cases of children with cancer. They know nobody will do anything, so they continue to do it. It's scary.
    It's almost been a year since we did our last show.Jay Bush my partner has been auditioning for the show Shark Tank and so this has put the show on hold. If he gets on Shark Tank, we will be terribly delayed. Good luck Jay. Either way we will one day continue the show and have the coolest global independent radio station out there. This is just a small video we did with one of our artists.Waiting for One and their tune 35 years. Check it out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7Go80y20fA
    We hope to be doing a radio show with all our artists real soon. Hope you can join in the fun. Please bare with us while we improve the show especially the sound.
    Laserdog Enterprises would like to bring you our version of a Tribute to the Angels of Newtown. Another school shooting in Georgia thankfully no children were hurt.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axOGOBT77Xs

Please take a few moments and visit the missing children site. We really need you.
    Click on the link to find a missing child,teen or adult.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...eCountry=en_US

Well don't forget the lead that's being found in it. That could be the cause of the increase in autism and other learning disorders in children.

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

I'm confused by this "news" story. I thought it was common knowledge that apple seeds contained arsenic. Isn't it possible this arsenic found is just a result of crushing the whole apple?

I read a similar report a few years ago. There are few sources of US apple juice...Martellis is one. It is worth seeking it out...even organic brands contain apples from China.

I switched my kids to white grape juice once I read the reports a few years ago.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

ďThe first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.Ē
    ― Maya Angelou

Our Government at work... sigh.
    Sad what we've become as a country. Capitalism at its worst.
    I sit here wondering if it is also related to such a high level of autism in this country as well.
    It's just MOO. I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time and it surely won't be the last!

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by deelytful1 View Post
    Our Government at work... sigh.
    Sad what we've become as a country. Capitalism at its worst.
    I sit here wondering if it is also related to such a high level of autism in this country as well.
    Think about the number of heavy metals our infants, toddlers, kids are exposed to between vaccinations, food products, books and toys.

The body doesnt shed heavy metals. It is maddening.

Then, how about lipstick, face creams, yada yada yada when you become a teen/adult?
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

ďThe first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.Ē
    ― Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    Think about the number of heavy metals our infants, toddlers, kids are exposed to between vaccinations, food products, books and toys.

The body doesnt shed heavy metals. It is maddening.

Then, how about lipstick, face creams, yada yada yada when you become a teen/adult?
    I agree. Mostly ALL are controlled by the FDA (an organization created by the government for the "safety" of the people) and in the case of vaccinations REQUIRED by our government!
    The older I get, the more scared I get about where we're headed...
    George Orwell had amazing insight!
    It's just MOO. I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time and it surely won't be the last!

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

Ironically, there are those who say eating the seeds of apples prevents or even cures cancer, as the cyanide, also known as vitamin B17 (I think, I could be wrong) attacks the cancer cells.

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Quote Originally Posted by ebbie View Post
    I'm confused by this "news" story. I thought it was common knowledge that apple seeds contained arsenic. Isn't it possible this arsenic found is just a result of crushing the whole apple?
    They found high levels of inorganic arsenic as well.
    "Crack up the music and dance!"

Arsenic naturally occurs in apple seeds. Anything with apple juice in it will have traces arsenic due to the pressing of apples with the seeds still intact. New studies say it is not arsenic, it is cyanide. I still believe the old ones, as I don't think people are dumping rat poison in apple juice. Organic farmers supposedly don't spray the apples with chemicals, so where would the source be there?

ETA: Okay, wiki says it can commonly occur in drinking water. All others seem to be with heating metals, but I'm not sure I understand all this stuff:

Arsenic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote from article:

"In the United States, arsenic is most commonly found in the ground waters of the southwest.[62] Parts of New England, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota and the Dakotas are also known to have significant[clarification needed] concentrations of arsenic in ground water. Increased levels of skin cancer have been associated with arsenic exposure in Wisconsin, even at levels below the 10 part per billion drinking water standard.[63] According to a recent film funded by the US Superfund, millions of private wells have unknown arsenic levels, and in some areas of the US, over 20% of wells may contain levels that exceed established limits.[64]"
    Last edited by KateB; 05-30-2015 at 08:11 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.

Quote Originally Posted by 21merc7 View Post
    Arsenic naturally occurs in apple seeds. Anything with apple juice in it will have traces arsenic due to the pressing of apples with the seeds still intact. New studies say it is not arsenic, it is cyanide. I still believe the old ones, as I don't think people are dumping rat poison in apple juice. Organic farmers supposedly don't spray the apples with chemicals, so where would the source be there?

ETA: Okay, wiki says it can commonly occur in drinking water. All others seem to be with heating metals, but I'm not sure I understand all this stuff:

Arsenic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote from article:

"In the United States, arsenic is most commonly found in the ground waters of the southwest.[62] Parts of New England, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota and the Dakotas are also known to have significant[clarification needed] concentrations of arsenic in ground water. Increased levels of skin cancer have been associated with arsenic exposure in Wisconsin, even at levels below the 10 part per billion drinking water standard.[63] According to a recent film funded by the US Superfund, millions of private wells have unknown arsenic levels, and in some areas of the US, over 20% of wells may contain levels that exceed established limits.[64]"
    Oops, I mean arsenic, not cyanide, my bad.

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.