Page 1 of 38 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #1

Exclamation GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #1

Police fear missing 7-year-old was abducted

After nearly 24 hours of searching, state and local authorities in Canton are considering the disappearance of a 7-year-old girl to be abduction.

State and local authorities were expanding their search for a missing 7-year-old girl Saturday morning, but by the afternoon, they still hadn't found 7-year-old Jorelys Rivera.

[snip]

Jorelys was last seen at about 5:30 p.m. Friday at a playground at her Canton-area apartment complex, River Ridge. She was being watched by a teenage girl, who also watching several other children, Det. Worthy said Saturday morning.

The teenage girl went back to an apartment to get drinks for the kids. When she returned, Jorelys was gone, Det. Worthy said.

More: http://canton.11alive.com/news/news/...d-was-abducted

FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest / www.twitter.com/MissingNW
    STILL DOING IT FOR DYLAN GROENE. REST IN PEACE.

HELP FIND MISSING 7-YEAR-OLD PATRICK ALFORD.

FOOTY/SOCCER FAN? Join us here.

Abduction suspected in case of missing 7-year-old Canton girl

The detective said police have searched most of the perimeters they’ve established. Probation officers and deputies were also questioning sex offenders in the area, Worthy said.

“We are also working with the school system and the family to learn more about the child's friends,” Worthy said.

More: http://www.ajc.com/news/cherokee/abd...e-1249642.html
    FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest / www.twitter.com/MissingNW

3. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

Missing Child Case: Search Upgraded to Possible Child Abduction

Original Report Below 11:29 p.m. Friday

Jorely Rivera, 7, of Canton was last seen around 5 p.m. at the River Ridge apartment complex off Reinhardt College Parkway.

Update 7:52 a.m. Saturday

"We are confirming that the child is still missing at this time," she wrote in an emailed briefing to metro Atlanta media outlets. "We are continuing our search again this morning.

Update 3:18 p.m. Saturday

The search for 7-year-old Jorely Rivera, who was last seen around 5 p.m. Friday at the River Ridge apartment complex, has been upgraded from a missing person and search operation to a possible child abduction case.

More at link: http://canton-ga.patch.com/articles/...#photo-8600361

5. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

Prayers that she is found safe!

BTW - it seems there is no way she's 3 feet tall. That's how tall a largish 2 year old is.

7. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to JeannaT For This Useful Post:

7-year-old girl missing

{snip}

She was being watched by a teen who last saw her around 5 p.m., Canton police said. Rivera’s father lives in Puerto Rico and her mother was out of town.

Around 40 officers with dogs launched a search for Rivera, at one point, going door to door. Police have been searching for her since 5:30 p.m.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local...missing/nFsYb/

9. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Peachy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JeannaT View Post
    Prayers that she is found safe!

BTW - it seems there is no way she's 3 feet tall. That's how tall a largish 2 year old is.
    A 7 year old child, 3 feet tall and 80 pounds???
    I don't think so either.

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Peachy For This Useful Post:

Oh no...how old was the teen? How many and what ages was she watching? Was she the primary caregiver with no parents in town??? I am confused. This precious little girl. I shudder to think of who could have taken her! Prayers we find her safe!
    Everything I post without a supporting link is always JMO.

13. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to TheDuchess For This Useful Post:

Scanner thread started here:
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156406"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

15. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Peachy For This Useful Post:

The article says there are 2 RSO's in the apartment complex where she lives. I hope they are on these guys.
    Everything I post without a supporting link is always JMO.

Looking at Family Watchdog now. There may be others that are not listed or have not been updated, because I cannot find any registered sex offenders directly in her apartment complex. But it shows the 2 nearest her apartment complex to be one with a sexual battery conviction (TCR), and one with an aggravated child molestation conviction (R. Murphy). His address is in another housing area. Looks to be fairly close, but by driving, because of the way the roads connect (or don't connect), it's about 2 miles.

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

Cubby is offline 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    From the OP:

Jorelys was last seen at about 5:30 p.m. Friday at a playground at her Canton-area apartment complex, River Ridge. She was being watched by a teenage girl, who also watching several other children, Det. Worthy said Saturday morning.

If there were a group of children at a playground near the apartment complex, I'm wondering why there is no MSM info on what the children playing together said occured.

A group of children playing together had to notice something. Did Jorely get upset with anyone and walk away from the group? Did anyone talk to the group? Did the other children follow the teenager in for drinks and Jorely stayed behind by herself?

Very unsual imo there is not a single comment even from one of the other minor childrens parents this teenager was watching, about what their child saw or something about the circumstances of while they were at the playground.

Jorely is beautiful. Praying she is found safely and soon. Gosh, I'm hoping this is one of those cases she just went to another friends house without telling anyone and that childs parents don't yet know she has been reported missing. We see a few of those from time to time.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Websleuths Resource Center

Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing

I don't think this has been posted here. Some better details.

It seems the other kids at the park would have noticed something . . .

http://www.11alive.com/news/article/...-year-old-girl

21. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to JeannaT For This Useful Post:

This reminds me too much of the case of Skylar Kauffman

When will this war on children end?????

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RabidBadger For This Useful Post:

Cubby is offline 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    Very few details in the MSM articles. I find myself wondering if perhaps this is an area where many of the residents speak english as a second language? Just a guess since it was said the childs father is in Puerto Rico. If she went to another friends house, and that childs parents don't know she is missing, I wonder if this info is being broadcast locally on spanish media.

Now I am thinking way back (2008) to Beloved Doe identified as Jose Bernardo Martinez whose case was unsolved for years until one of the big spanish cable news stations aired his case.

I pray Jorely's information is making local spanish broadcasting.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

25. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:

I don't think this has been posted here. Some better details.

It seems the other kids at the park would have noticed something . . .

http://www.11alive.com/news/article/...-year-old-girl
    Here name in this article is spelled Jorelys. I wonder which is correct?

Where are you, Sweetheart???
    Please help find Gerry Largay, 66, missing on the Appalachian Trail in Maine.
    http://www.wlbz2.com/news/article/25...ssing-in-Maine

27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to angelmom For This Useful Post:

I think this is the playground she was in. There is a fence, but it backs up to woods RIGHT THERE at the edge.

Still, if she were inside the fence it would be impossible to get her over it undetected, IMHO.

http://www.riverridgeatcanton.com/images/4pic11_lg.jpg

29. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JeannaT For This Useful Post:

Wow.... yeah I agree with everyone else that it is odd that the kids on the playground didn't see anything. I was about to ask the same thing if they had been questioned. I hope that they find her.
    !~*Mar*~!

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WillenFan21 For This Useful Post:

I think this is the playground she was in. There is a fence, but it backs up to woods RIGHT THERE at the edge.

Still, if she were inside the fence it would be impossible to get her over it undetected, IMHO.

Oh wow. Very small playground. Surely another of the children would have noticed if anyone were standing around there.

Maybe Jorely left the playground, maybe to go inside to "help" the babysitter, or to use the restroom, or something else, and someone came across her on the way.

It's very difficult to see an abduction from that playground with other children there. Not that it didn't happen or would be impossible. Just...hard to see.

33. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

Police searching for 7-year-old Canton girl
    http://www.cherokeetribune.com/view/...home_news_left

No new information in the article, but there is a new picture of Jorely.

http://assets.matchbin.com/sites/625.../1T8L_girl.jpg

35. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Peachy For This Useful Post:

Thank you for the link. Hard to tell how far back or how deep that wooded area might be. With the sky in the background it almost looks like they are not too deep, but hard to tell from the angle of the photo.
    ~JMO~

37. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:

Here is the map for the address at the link in Peachy's above post. It looks like the wooded area directly behind the playground isn't too deep and backs up to back yards of single family homes on Oakside Ct.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&cp...ed=0CBwQ8gEwAA

Interesting there is still no mention of the childs mother in MSM articles. For some reason the 5pm on a Friday, if mom was going to be out of town for the weekend, sounds like perhaps it was arranged for Jorely to be picked up by a friend who happened to come by when the teenage baby sitter was in the apartment? Maybe there was some miscommunication when the other parent picked up Jorely and didn't wait to say, hi, I'm here picking up Jorely?

I'm still hoping so, since there isn't much information being made available.
    ~JMO~

39. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:

I'm also wondering about the lighting at the playground at 5pm. It's dark out now by 5pm. Unless the playground is well lit and surrounded by common area street lights or the lights in the parking lot, it seems awfully late for a baby sitter to still have the kids playing at a playground at 5pm this time of year.

But I do know some apartment complexes are well lit and there may have been enough light for the kids to still play that late. Especially with the playgrounds proximity to what looks like the parking area for the apartment complex.
    ~JMO~

41. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:

I can't help but wonder if the teenaged baby sitter has a boyfriend and how old is he, if so?

43. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FrayedKnot For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    I'm also wondering about the lighting at the playground at 5pm. It's dark out now by 5pm. Unless the playground is well lit and surrounded by common area street lights or the lights in the parking lot, it seems awfully late for a baby sitter to still have the kids playing at a playground at 5pm this time of year.

But I do know some apartment complexes are well lit and there may have been enough light for the kids to still play that late. Especially with the playgrounds proximity to what looks like the parking area for the apartment complex.
    It's 6:22 here and my daughter just came in from playing. Between twilight and street lights, they had enough light by which to play half-rubber.

45. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to FrayedKnot For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post

Hmm. This is Georgia - I looked up the sunrise sunset calendar, and the sun sets at 5:30 in Canton and "twilight" - occurs at 6.

I know when I lived further up north, it was dark much earlier. At this time in Georgia, though, visibility would be good enough where you wouldn't even need headlights yet, I don't think.

47. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JeannaT For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 38 1234567891011 ... LastLast