GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

summer_breeze

Reaction score
http://www.11alive.com/news/article/215763/8/CANTON-Police-looking-for-missing-7-year-old-girl

1:05 AM, Dec 3, 2011
Written by Michael King

CANTON: Police looking for missing 7-year-old girl

111202105117_missinggirl1201a.png

Police fear missing 7-year-old was abducted

After nearly 24 hours of searching, state and local authorities in Canton are considering the disappearance of a 7-year-old girl to be abduction.

State and local authorities were expanding their search for a missing 7-year-old girl Saturday morning, but by the afternoon, they still hadn't found 7-year-old Jorelys Rivera.

[snip]

Jorelys was last seen at about 5:30 p.m. Friday at a playground at her Canton-area apartment complex, River Ridge. She was being watched by a teenage girl, who also watching several other children, Det. Worthy said Saturday morning.

The teenage girl went back to an apartment to get drinks for the kids. When she returned, Jorelys was gone, Det. Worthy said.

More: http://canton.11alive.com/news/news/92865-canton-police-fear-missing-7-year-old-was-abducted

111202105117missinggirl1201a0.png
111202105141missinggirl1201b0.png

Abduction suspected in case of missing 7-year-old Canton girl

The detective said police have searched most of the perimeters they’ve established. Probation officers and deputies were also questioning sex offenders in the area, Worthy said.

“We are also working with the school system and the family to learn more about the child's friends,” Worthy said.

More: http://www.ajc.com/news/cherokee/abduction-suspected-in-case-1249642.html

Missing Child Case: Search Upgraded to Possible Child Abduction

Original Report Below 11:29 p.m. Friday

Jorely Rivera, 7, of Canton was last seen around 5 p.m. at the River Ridge apartment complex off Reinhardt College Parkway.

Update 7:52 a.m. Saturday

"We are confirming that the child is still missing at this time," she wrote in an emailed briefing to metro Atlanta media outlets. "We are continuing our search again this morning.

Update 3:18 p.m. Saturday

The search for 7-year-old Jorely Rivera, who was last seen around 5 p.m. Friday at the River Ridge apartment complex, has been upgraded from a missing person and search operation to a possible child abduction case.

More at link: http://canton-ga.patch.com/articles/girl-7-missing#photo-8600361

Prayers that she is found safe!

BTW - it seems there is no way she's 3 feet tall. That's how tall a largish 2 year old is.

7-year-old girl missing

{snip}

She was being watched by a teen who last saw her around 5 p.m., Canton police said. Rivera’s father lives in Puerto Rico and her mother was out of town.

Around 40 officers with dogs launched a search for Rivera, at one point, going door to door. Police have been searching for her since 5:30 p.m.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/7-year-old-girl-missing/nFsYb/

Prayers that she is found safe!

BTW - it seems there is no way she's 3 feet tall. That's how tall a largish 2 year old is.

A 7 year old child, 3 feet tall and 80 pounds???
I don't think so either.

Oh no...how old was the teen? How many and what ages was she watching? Was she the primary caregiver with no parents in town??? I am confused. This precious little girl. I shudder to think of who could have taken her! Prayers we find her safe!

The article says there are 2 RSO's in the apartment complex where she lives. I hope they are on these guys.

Looking at Family Watchdog now. There may be others that are not listed or have not been updated, because I cannot find any registered sex offenders directly in her apartment complex. But it shows the 2 nearest her apartment complex to be one with a sexual battery conviction (TCR), and one with an aggravated child molestation conviction (R. Murphy). His address is in another housing area. Looks to be fairly close, but by driving, because of the way the roads connect (or don't connect), it's about 2 miles.

She is precious, showing off her "waiting on my big girl teeth" smile. Hoping she is okay.

From the OP:

Jorelys was last seen at about 5:30 p.m. Friday at a playground at her Canton-area apartment complex, River Ridge. She was being watched by a teenage girl, who also watching several other children, Det. Worthy said Saturday morning.

If there were a group of children at a playground near the apartment complex, I'm wondering why there is no MSM info on what the children playing together said occured.

A group of children playing together had to notice something. Did Jorely get upset with anyone and walk away from the group? Did anyone talk to the group? Did the other children follow the teenager in for drinks and Jorely stayed behind by herself?

Very unsual imo there is not a single comment even from one of the other minor childrens parents this teenager was watching, about what their child saw or something about the circumstances of while they were at the playground.

Jorely is beautiful. Praying she is found safely and soon. Gosh, I'm hoping this is one of those cases she just went to another friends house without telling anyone and that childs parents don't yet know she has been reported missing. We see a few of those from time to time.

This reminds me too much of the case of Skylar Kauffman :(

When will this war on children end?????

Very few details in the MSM articles. I find myself wondering if perhaps this is an area where many of the residents speak english as a second language? Just a guess since it was said the childs father is in Puerto Rico. If she went to another friends house, and that childs parents don't know she is missing, I wonder if this info is being broadcast locally on spanish media.

Now I am thinking way back (2008) to Beloved Doe identified as Jose Bernardo Martinez whose case was unsolved for years until one of the big spanish cable news stations aired his case.

I pray Jorely's information is making local spanish broadcasting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth