Page 38 of 64 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast
    Rules for posting Sex Offender information from Tricia:

RULES ON SEX OFFENDERS. WHAT YOU CAN AND CANNOT DO ON WEBSLEUTHS

It seems there is a legal consideration concerning whether we are allowed to bring information to Websleuths from the actual sex offender registry.

It is illegal to use the sex offender register information to harass anyone. We would never condone this at Websleuths.

It is not illegal (in my opinion) if when a child goes missing or is harmed we look at the sex offenders in the area and post their information, along with maps to show how close they live to the victim.

In every case we have local people reading and posting here. Therefore we are within the guidelines using this info for local information.

Again, we are not EVER going to even hint at harassing anyone on the sex offenders list. Any posting we do about a sex offender will always be within the law.

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:

Statiscally (from what I remember reading) bunky the simple straightforward answer to your question would be no.

Pedophiles usually have a set preference in gender or even appearances of children they molest. Many times they have a set age range as well. ( say for example ages 2 to 5 or 8 to 13).

Yes they can from time to time change their fetish to include others that haven't been in their category of selection before but usually they are pretty fixed in their philia.

If a man/woman has a fetish for adolescent girls/boys (14-17 and above but teens) then that is called ephebophilia not pedophilia.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:

I agree about the statutory rape designation. I wish that they would edit out some of the RSO's and only include those that are a real danger to the public. Morally, I do have a problem with a 25 yr old having a 16 yr old girlfriend. But I don't think we all need to know where the guy is living. imoo
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

6. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

This case is going to be interesting to see if "this murder" has priors. We saw in the Brianna Rodriguez case as well as the Somer Thompson case; these guys didn't have priors to anything sexual or please stand me corrected? If this right, do we have to add in others to have a new profile? Crap...I hope not! LE has to spend enough time with-out a whole new profile & I think NG was wrong tonight given these two cases above, but I know that is the usual profile. Does the typical profile need to be reviewed???

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dee10 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    I agree about the statutory rape designation. I wish that they would edit out some of the RSO's and only include those that are a real danger to the public. Morally, I do have a problem with a 25 yr old having a 16 yr old girlfriend. But I don't think we all need to know where the guy is living. imoo
    I agree, that I wish they would edit some of the RSO's out. It seems there are a lot of RSO's who are no risk to anyone.

But, I really don't have a moral problem with 25 year olds with 16 year old consenting girls. I think through the ages - 6 thousand years or so of documented human history - this is pretty typical human behavior. Slightly older males attract slightly younger females, all who are of age to reproduce. Beyond puberty. It's not a great thing, but I don't think it should mark a man for life for this behavior, and cause him to be marked as an offender for4ever.

BUT I DON'T WANT TO DRAG THIS TOPIC OFF FOCUS. This is a small child here, a 7 year old who just recently cut her front teeth.

ANY sexual activity with her should be a felony.

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to JeannaT For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dee10 View Post
    This case is going to be interesting to see if "this murder" has priors. We saw in the Brianna Rodriguez case as well as the Somer Thompson case; these guys didn't have priors to anything sexual or please stand me corrected? If this right, do we have to add in others to have a new profile? Crap...I hope not! LE has to spend enough time with-out a whole new profile & I think NG was wrong tonight given these two cases above, but I know that is the usual profile. Does the typical profile need to be reviewed???
    But the thing is that just because they have no priors, it does not mean they never did anything illegal sexually before. I think they have, but never got caught before.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

Will it ever end?

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Isabelle For This Useful Post:

[quote=katydid23;7412057]But the thing is that just because they have no priors, it does not mean they never did anything illegal sexually before. I think they have, but never got caught before.[/quote

Precisely the point... unfortunately, it is hard to be charged with anything red-handed. All we want are the real stats.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dee10 For This Useful Post:

This case is just devastating. I think I may have to take a break for a few days. I feel so heartbroken for this child....for the suffering she endured, and for her future which was so cruelly taken from her.
    Although Jorelys' Mom should have supervised her more closely, a child should still be able to run around in the neighborhood unharmed. The evil among us that robs so many children of their lives also takes the innocent freedom of those years from all children as well. Our kids can't even play outside in their own neighborhoods anymore. They can't walk or ride their bikes to school. Even waiting at the bus stop poses a danger. The boogyman is real, and he may live next door, or he may live across the state, but he is just waiting for the opportunity to steal a child away forever.

How were things allowed things to get to this point?

18. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to EllaMae For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by EllaMae View Post
    This case is just devastating. I think I may have to take a break for a few days. I feel so heartbroken for this child....for the suffering she endured, and for her future which was so cruelly taken from her.
    Although Jorelys' Mom should have supervised her more closely, a child should still be able to run around in the neighborhood unharmed. The evil among us that robs so many children of their lives also takes the innocent freedom of those years from all children as well. Our kids can't even play outside in their own neighborhoods anymore. They can't walk or ride their bikes to school. Even waiting at the bus stop poses a danger. The boogyman is real, and he may live next door, or he may live across the state, but he is just waiting for the opportunity to steal a child away forever.

How were things allowed things to get to this point?
    Ellamae, Jorelys' Mom worked night & by accounts she had someone babysitting. Maybe that might not turn out to pass; but by all accounts she tried!

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dee10 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Peepers View Post
    Ok, I understand the maint person has the key for the compactor, and the trash is not automatically compacted, it must be initiated with the key.
    I also see the poor girls body was in the trash, but kind of way in there, not easily seen. Im thinking it had not been compacted yet because they are already saying it was a brutal murder and she was beaten and raped. I know this is horribly graphic but if it was compacted , wouldnt it be hard to tell if she was beaten and raped.
    So, heres the point, if it was any sort of main t person, they would have just used the key and compacted the trash right then. Get my point.
    I used to work in a store that had a big compacter dumpster. When the part where you'd throw the trash got full, they'd start the compacter but not run it all the way--just enough to make more room to throw more trash. They didn't actually smash it completely all the way every time, just toward the end when it was looking almost full. So stuff would get more compacted but not be completely flattened. Really all it does is kind of shift everything around to fit together better rather than completely smash it. That might be what happened here, if LE could tell there were injuries not accounted for by compacting. It also depends on how 'soft' most of the other trash was.

I would think they would have seen bruises and perhaps blood and other injuries that clearly didn't happen after she was put in the dumpster.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MarthaM For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby2 View Post
    Did anyone else watch? Was that Skylar's mom on her show?
    It was Somer Thompson's Mom... I don't think we will be seeing Skyler's Mom on any shows as an advocate of any kind... ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Magdalyn View Post
    To be fair, and to play devil's advocate, we don't know that they haven't. That DFACS took the other two out of the home almost immediately (Friday?) tells me that mom might have had previous visits from DFACS. If that's the case, people around the complex may have called in anonymously.

I'm with you though. I'm furious and very sad.
    I'm sure that people might have called DFACS on her.
    That wasn't the right thing to do, according to what they claimed to see.

Nobody watches their children in my neighborhood. One day, I stopped just short of running over a baby in the street.

However, if I lived in an apartment complex and KNEW that my neighbor was leaving her BABY home alone, with or without her 3 and 6 year old?

DFACS would not even be on my radar... I would be calling 911. If they didn't do anything, I would be videotaping it, calling the media...

A baby home alone is a police issue... the cops can call DFACS once they ensure the kids don't light the apartment on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    YW!
    I'm not sure if I can stomach the details either.

From earlier reports, her mother did go to court, but I haven't heard what the outcome was.
    All I've "heard" is this:

Comment at 10:37 pm December 5 -

http://canton-ga.patch.com/users/michelle-d58054b9

http://canton-ga.patch.com/articles/girl-7-missing

For what it's worth, I have not seen any booking at Cherokee County... but, that can take 24 hours or more to show up too.
    So that might not mean anything... but if it's true, would certainly imply that the court hearing didn't go well?

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    Statiscally (from what I remember reading) bunky the simple straightforward answer to your question would be no.

Pedophiles usually have a set preference in gender or even appearances of children they molest. Many times they have a set age range as well. ( say for example ages 2 to 5 or 8 to 13).

Yes they can from time to time change their fetish to include others that haven't been in their category of selection before but usually they are pretty fixed in their philia.

If a man/woman has a fetish for adolescent girls/boys (14-17 and above but teens) then that is called ephebophilia not pedophilia.
    This is not entirely correct. Sorry.

A pedophile is someone who's sexually attraction parameters includes young kids. In the same way that a someone with normal (legal) sexual urges might potentially find women of all (legal) ages, shapes, and sizes attractive, a pedophile simply has a "shifted" or perhaps expanded pool that includes people who are not yet of legal age.

At any rate, the typical pedophile is no more a violent homicidal rapist than the typical non-pedophile. Thank god for that.

We are looking for a violent rapist / homicidal maniac. It could be that it was a pedophile, or it could be that his last victim was a sixty-seven year old grandmother. Whoever it was, hopefully the police nail him quickly.
    DISCLAIMER: The above is my OPINION only. Unless stated otherwise, I neither claim nor imply any inside knowledge or expert opinion about any subject I happen to be discussing. The reader assumes full responsibility for any conclusions my writing might cause them to reach. Warning: may cause drowsiness, do not operate heavy machinery while reading

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chris_Texas For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Leilei View Post
    It's not my town, but I'm very close to you, in Marietta. I was hoping to come home from work with some good news, but... heart is breaking, too. At least she was found, and found quickly. We have so many who are still missing. I'm still reading and catching up, but am hoping that this perp is caught ASAP. Rest peacefully, lovely little lady.
    I'm close too, in Cartersville. I wish there was something I could do to help. I sure do pray that they catch this POS ASAP! God bless those that love her.
    I love a Williams Syndrome kid.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nonni Brenda For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Texas View Post
    This is not entirely correct. Sorry.

A pedophile is someone who's sexually attraction parameters includes young kids. In the same way that a someone with normal (legal) sexual urges might potentially find women of all (legal) ages, shapes, and sizes attractive, a pedophile simply has a "shifted" or perhaps expanded pool that includes people who are not yet of legal age.
    At any rate, the typical pedophile is no more a violent homicidal rapist than the typical non-pedophile. Thank god for that.

We are looking for a violent rapist / homicidal maniac. It could be that it was a pedophile, or it could be that his last victim was a sixty-seven year old grandmother. Whoever it was, hopefully the police nail him quickly.
    Respectfully bolded by me.

No the sexual attraction that a pedophile has for a person who is "not yet of legal age" is not the same as an adult that has sexual attraction for another adult.

Might just be my humble opinion but nope I don't agree with that and to be honest the way that is worded really gives me pause. But that's beside the point.

(respectfully snipped a sentence from your post for simplicity of reply)

"the typical pedophile is no more a violent homicidal rapist"

Molesting, raping, commiting sodomy on a child is a violent act. It might not be homicide but it's violence. That's just my humble opinion.

I have no clue if whomever murdered Jorely was a pedophile or not. However, if the autopsy does prove that Jorely was raped then IMHO my initial conclusion would be that the murder was committed possibly in part in order to cover up the crime of rape. So rape would have been the violent act that began the chain of events that lead to Jorely's murder.

I have no sympathy or empathy for sex offenders. Whether they are pedophiles (as defined by law) or ephebophiles or your run of the mill rapist. Whether that RSO is male or female---it's across the board---they get no breaks from me. JMHO

Page 38 of 64 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast