Overtaken - The worst reality show in OC

Whatever it takes to get through to our youth. I applaud these moms for what they are doing. I hope some of their audience members leave with something to really think about and remember when they are tempted to "experiment".

Fran I actually have a copy of this and was watching it the other night. My youngest knew many of the kids in it, including Jarrod Barber,Mark Melkonian and others.
All my kids went to Dana Hills so they have seen their share of drug deaths.So many of their friends are dead. One of my boys has a tattoo that honors one of his friends that died.

The video is very powerful.

My girls went to Dana Hills too, JBean. I know one daughter knows someone who died, found by her roommate. Another daughter ran into a girl from her class at the mall. This girl had just gotten out of jail (for drugs). It's horrifying what's happening, and MOST parents have no clue.

OC is a beautiful place. So. OC is heaven on earth, imho, and a perfect place to raise your children. I'm happy we raised our children there. But there's danger there, just like everywhere else. Parents need to be informed and be aware of what their children are being exposed to, every day.

I was involved with my kids and spent time at their functions and knew other parents. Yet, I had NO clue there was such a prevelance of drugs on their campus. My kids didn't tell me about all of that until AFTER they were out of school. I was horrified how that info could have gotten past me. My kids who told me everything, I guess, didn't think I needed to know that. It may have been because it didn't involve them and the kids, even within their peer group who did participate in that. I didn't even know who they were, because my kids never introduced them to me and never mentioned them.

Anyway, I hope that some of you Websleuthers who are reading this, take the time to view the video. If you have teenagers, PLEASE have them watch this video. It's less that 1/2 hour long and will be worth your, and their time. If it can even save ONE life, it means something.

People need to be aware of the dangers of not just drugs such as marijuana, heroine, ecstacy, but what is in YOUR medicine cabinet. The kids sneak these. They then take off the time lapse coat and it can become deadly. .

We need to warn our kids and other parents.

fran

My girls went to Dana Hills too, JBean. I know one daughter knows someone who died, found by her roommate. Another daughter ran into a girl from her class at the mall. This girl had just gotten out of jail (for drugs). It's horrifying what's happening, and MOST parents have no clue.

OC is a beautiful place. So. OC is heaven on earth, imho, and a perfect place to raise your children. I'm happy we raised our children there. But there's danger there, just like everywhere else. Parents need to be informed and be aware of what their children are being exposed to, every day.

I was involved with my kids and spent time at their functions and knew other parents. Yet, I had NO clue there was such a prevelance of drugs on their campus. My kids didn't tell me about all of that until AFTER they were out of school. I was horrified how that info could have gotten past me. My kids who told me everything, I guess, didn't think I needed to know that. It may have been because it didn't involve them and the kids, even within their peer group who did participate in that. I didn't even know who they were, because my kids never introduced them to me and never mentioned them.

Anyway, I hope that some of you Websleuthers who are reading this, take the time to view the video. If you have teenagers, PLEASE have them watch this video. It's less that 1/2 hour long and will be worth your, and their time. If it can even save ONE life, it means something.

People need to be aware of the dangers of not just drugs such as marijuana, heroine, ecstacy, but what is in YOUR medicine cabinet. The kids sneak these. They then take off the time lapse coat and it can become deadly. .

We need to warn our kids and other parents.

fran
I know some of our kids were there at the same time. ;) Good advice about checking your own med cabinet fran.
I worked at Dana a lot during the time my kids were there. I came to know a lot of the kids through volunteering there and of course through the boys.
I had a pretty good idea what kids were troubled with drugs and even made a few tough phone calls to parents telling them what I knew in case they weren't aware.

One of the big problem I became aware of were the doctors that were very willing to prescribe these kids whatever they wanted whenever they wanted. It was and still is sickening. The kids could make appointments and get huge bottles, with Opana being one of the most popular-along with norco.

Anyway, I hope this video hits home for some kids and that we can one day start to beat this war on drugs but it ain't gonna be easy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back