JonBenet – 15 years later

cynic

Reaction score
I thought I would start a thread for people's comments as another anniversary approaches.

15 years later and still no justice for JonBenet.
Misinformation still abounds as Aphrodite Jones aptly demonstrated with her abysmal, error-filled “documentary” earlier this year.
John Ramsey is still self-absorbed and has affirmed this by writing yet another self-serving book.
While Mary Lacy’s reign of incompetence has ended and the current DA has un-cleared the Ramseys, it seems that little has changed.
BR has chosen to continue the family legacy of evading police and hiding behind lawyers.
The silver lining continues to be the small community of people here and elsewhere that have preserved the truth of the case and continue to keep it alive.

I thought I would start a thread for people's comments as another anniversary approaches.

15 years later and still no justice for JonBenet.
Misinformation still abounds as Aphrodite Jones aptly demonstrated with her abysmal, error-filled “documentary” earlier this year.
John Ramsey is still self-absorbed and has affirmed this by releasing yet another self-serving book.
While Mary Lacy’s reign of incompetence has ended and the current DA has un-cleared the Ramseys, it seems that little has changed.
BR has chosen to continue the family legacy of evading police and hiding behind lawyers.
The silver lining continues to be the small community of people here and elsewhere that have preserved the truth of the case and continue to keep it alive.

cynic,
This case will be solved. The misinformation does not work anymore, dna analysis advances, Burke one day will realize he has to share else he will be tarred with same Ramsey Brush that was used to abuse JonBenet.

John Ramsey is still self-absorbed and has affirmed this by releasing yet another self-serving book.

Heyya cynic.

I was anticipating some sort of Christmas anniversary article in BC local press and wondering if/when JR would take the opportunity to promote his book.

This is from the John's "About the Author" part on his book's Amazon page:

In 2009, he completed discipleship training at YWAM's University of the Nations.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Other-Side-Suffering-JonBenet-Journey/dp/0892963859/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1323057643&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: The Other Side of Suffering: The Father of JonBenet Ramsey Tells the Story of His Journey from Grief to Grace (9780892963850): John Ramsey, Marie Chapian: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51CrBAIEcLL.@@AMEPARAM@@51CrBAIEcLL[/ame]

Thank you, cynic, for starting this thread. I have recently started following this horrible case, and am so interested in seeing justice served.
I just read Steve Thomas' book, and have so many questions...(don't we all)!

I will probably be asking more questions than helping, but am willing to think outside the box to help in the sleuthing.

First questions for me are:

1.) How were the Ramsey's un-cleared? (This actually sounds encouraging to me if I am thinking correctly.)

2.) Is it still an "open" case? Is any organization (other than WebSleuths) still working on it?

TIA

cynic,
This case will be solved. The misinformation does not work anymore, dna analysis advances, Burke one day will realize he has to share else he will be tarred with same Ramsey Brush that was used to abuse JonBenet.

I wish I could share your optimism, but perhaps then I wouldn't be cynical.

Heyya cynic.

I was anticipating some sort of Christmas anniversary article in BC local press and wondering if/when JR would take the opportunity to promote his book.
Hey Tadpole,
I'm pretty sure he won't disappoint.

Thank you, cynic, for starting this thread. I have recently started following this horrible case, and am so interested in seeing justice served.
I just read Steve Thomas' book, and have so many questions...(don't we all)!
Welcome, IHNC.
There is so much to read with respect to this case, however, ST’s book is an excellent start.
Perfect Murder, Perfect Town by Lawrence Schiller is a good resource
and
Death of Innocence by John and Patsy Ramsey provides a good look at their “woe is me” mindset.

Two threads at Websleuths to get you started:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132699"]I'm lost - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132173"]Ramsey Project Rebuttal (Non Intruder Posters Only) - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

At Forums for Justice:
[ame="http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?t=4502"]The Bonita Papers - Forums For Justice[/ame]

I strongly suggest you take the time to work through the interviews of John and Patsy Ramsey which may be found here:
[ame="http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6"]Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum - Forums For Justice[/ame]

ACandyRose has a tremendous wealth of information:
http://www.acandyrose.com/jonbenetindex.htm

First questions for me are:

1.) How were the Ramsey's un-cleared? (This actually sounds encouraging to me if I am thinking correctly.)
The current Boulder DA didn't share his predecessor’s bias toward the Ramseys.
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117504"]The Ramseys are no longer “cleared” according to Stan Garnett - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

2.) Is it still an "open" case? Is any organization (other than WebSleuths) still working on it?

TIA
It is an open case according to the Boulder DA, and he has placed the Boulder PD back in charge of the investigation.

"The Boulder Police Department is reinvestigating the 1996 murder of JonBenet Ramsey and will create a special task force to help hunt for the little girl's killer, the police chief announced Monday.
Boulder police Chief Mark Beckner said the department plans to approach the Ramsey murder as a cold case. The task force will be made up of veteran investigators.
He said the task force will meet in the upcoming weeks to assist Boulder investigators, review all evidence, help identify any additional future testing and explore all possible theories about what happened the night the 6-year-old was killed. "
The Denver Post, 02/03/2009

It strikes me as odd that after 15 years, no other Authorities have taken an active interest in the case. Is it simply a situation of not in their jurisdiction? Does it HAVE to be looked at purely by the local authorities? And even if it COULD be looked at by a different group, one assumes they would have trouble accessing the wealth of information held by the cops/DA/etc?

At first when this case occurred I was of the opinion that it needed to be solved to punish the guilty party...to let them know that they can't get away with this kind of crap. But now Patsy's dead and I don't think John will ever be brought to justice for his involvement in the crime.

Burke has proven himself to be weak. He's his father's son.
When given the opportunity to clear the air with your own conscience, this family has sought the protection of the catches and excuses in the Bible and God to escape any responsibility whatsoever, be it a confession or if they ARE innocent, in providing the truth in detail to lay certain issues to bed.

The only place I see this heading is to the warehouse at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark. One of the plethora of cases where speculation and suppositions will be the only outcome, the truth being lost from the very beginning.

I believe that other police departments in Colorado have worked on the case in the past 15 years, but I don't think the FBI has ever worked on it.

Only the Boulder DA and BPD have the jurisdiction to proceed with the case. Other jurisdictions may offer to help (as Denver did, only to be rebuffed) but only Boulder may proceed with the case.
NO unsolved murder case is ever closed.

The FBI was involved at the very beginning, when it was thought to be a kidnapping. It was the FBI's CASKU (Child Abduction and Serial Killer Unit) that was there early on the morning of the 26th. After reviewing the note, and observing the parents, the FBI had some advice for the BPD. They said "You're going to be finding her body". They smelled a rat right away.
The FBI was sent away by the Chief of Police, who was insulted at the suggestion that the BPD couldn't handle the case. Um..right.
Later, when the FBI was proved right- and it became a murder rather than a kidnapping, the FBI had to cede control of the case to the local authorities.

The FBI could actually re-enter the case at any time, ALL they need is BPD to say " We need your help solving this cold case".
But.. BPD has its own reasons for not wanting their files to be scrutinized...

15 years. I've been with this case for 15 years this Dec. 26th.
God help us all to stay the course.
There will be resolution, and it will be DNA tech. which doesn't exist or is imperfect now.

OR Burke will tell a GF something, they will break up, and she will talk,, thus opening up new avenues.

Burke will never speak up IMO (he was trained and raised not to,he probably was brainwashed/shrink visits when he was little) and I don't think he knows much anyway (unless he did it).He's not the brave type who would fight and do anything for justice.He just doesn't have it in him IMO.Hiding and avoiding the "issue" (cause I bet in that family this is a problem and not something to work on) seems to characterize them all.

I had no idea John was coming out with a book. I'll only buy it if I see it at the thrift store or flea market (that's where I bought DOI for 2 bucks).

I had no idea John was coming out with a book. I'll only buy it if I see it at the thrift store or flea market (that's where I bought DOI for 2 bucks).
You paid $1.99 more than you should have. :D

I know that this is not a missing persons case and every 5 years or so they will do a age enhancement of what a missing person would look like after the years have passed . I found my self thinking when i seen that its been 15 years since the tradegy has anyone ever done a age progression of JBR . Like I said i know this is a not a missing persons case and we need to see it to maybe identify her at an older age Im thinking just out of pure curiositty if anyone has tried to put together what she may have looked like if this never happened .I wonder what she would have been into for a job and School what kind of music she would have liked would she have chosen the situation or pauly D from jersey shore lol . I guess it's the time of year that makes me think of dumb things like that such a sad case ...

I know that this is not a missing persons case and every 5 years or so they will do a age enhancement of what a missing person would look like after the years have passed . I found my self thinking when i seen that its been 15 years since the tradegy has anyone ever done a age progression of JBR . Like I said i know this is a not a missing persons case and we need to see it to maybe identify her at an older age Im thinking just out of pure curiositty if anyone has tried to put together what she may have looked like if this never happened .I wonder what she would have been into for a job and School what kind of music she would have liked would she have chosen the situation or pauly D from jersey shore lol . I guess it's the time of year that makes me think of dumb things like that such a sad case ...

Someone had done an age progression on JB a few years ago, showing what she would have looked like at 16, I think. If you Google it, you might find it. I don't know it if was ever posted on this forum, but I think it was a few years ago.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back