1172 users online (207 members and 965 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    McWopetaz Metroplex, Illinois U. S. of A.
    I remember seeing this on Unsolved Mysteries, in fact, I might have the segment on a Beta tape around here somewhere.

There was also a big article about the case in the June 1992 issue of CrimeBeat Magazine which contained an unrelated article by me as well - the first thing I wrote that I actually got paid for. The July 1992 issue also had a brief update article about the Truckstop Killer. At the time, there was some conjecture that this murderer might be the same guy as the Green River Killer.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Quote Originally Posted by STANDREID View Post
    I remember seeing this on Unsolved Mysteries, in fact, I might have the segment on a Beta tape around here somewhere.

There was also a big article about the case in the June 1992 issue of CrimeBeat Magazine which contained an unrelated article by me as well - the first thing I wrote that I actually got paid for. The July 1992 issue also had a brief update article about the Truckstop Killer.
    Do you have any links that you can share? TIA!
    "It seems our profound fascination with serial killers is matched by an equally profound lack of interest in their victims." - Vanessa Veselka

http://stoptheviolencemilwaukee.blogspot.com/

"This is a wonderful day. I have never seen this one ever before." Dr. Maya Angelou

F.L.Y. First love yourself!

Then there the JD in Bessie's post.

OH OH - Licking County - WhtFem 561UFOH, 25-40, Behind Pilot Truck Stop, Apr'90 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

That makes six so far counting the two women in the above picture who names (for what reason I can't fathom) were not revealed. I can't imagine why in the map above where they pinned the locations of the bodies they also didn't specify each victim found at those locations. Frustrating!

Who am I missing?
    Last edited by bessie; 05-19-2015 at 02:55 PM. Reason: repaired link
    "It seems our profound fascination with serial killers is matched by an equally profound lack of interest in their victims." - Vanessa Veselka

"This is a wonderful day. I have never seen this one ever before." Dr. Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by Justiceforever View Post
    Just trying to sort out and get to know the victims. It hard to weed through and separate ***all the victims from all the truck driver killers! Good God there are so many!**** Please jump right in if you can help clear up the discrepancies.
    you could say that for sure--as of 2009, it was approximated to be 500 vics from drivers, and the suspect pool was 200--so, by now it must be 600 vics, maybe another 25-30 added to the suspect pool

Quote Originally Posted by Justiceforever View Post
    Do you have any links that you can share? TIA!
    Sorry, but I don't. I do have the magazines though and perhaps the UM segment if the old Betamax might possibly still work. I can't even find anything right off the top when I google CrimeBeat Magazine. It was a big glossy large-format color magazine like a Life or Look magazine but about true crime. I think it was in business from 1991-1993 and I miss it like I do Unsolved Mysteries on TV.

Stan Reid

Quote Originally Posted by CriminalMinds View Post
    you could say that for sure--as of 2009, it was approximated to be 500 vics from drivers, and the suspect pool was 200--so, by now it must be 600 vics, maybe another 25-30 added to the suspect pool
    Yeah it's overwhelming!! For this thread lets focus on getting to know the Ohio victims and the possible connection to this Dr No/Dragon/Stargazer Although I can see already it's WAY BIGGER THAN just these victims and certainly more than one killer. God, no wonder these cases go unsolved! It's MINDBOGGLING!

I think eventually we're gonna need a subforum for this!
    Last edited by Justiceforever; 05-06-2013 at 09:54 PM.

It seems almost too big to even tackle! You know what they say though...inch by inch it's a cinch...yard by yard it's hard.
    Last edited by Justiceforever; 05-06-2013 at 09:51 PM.

Sorry, but I don't. I do have the magazines though and perhaps the UM segment if the old Betamax might possibly still work. I can't even find anything right off the top when I google CrimeBeat Magazine. It was a big glossy large-format color magazine like a Life or Look magazine but about true crime. I think it was in business from 1991-1993 and I miss it like I do Unsolved Mysteries on TV.
    The magazine's editor was T.E.D. Klein and the articles were written by Carol Christians and Natalie Collins - publisher 54 Corporation of NY.

Stan Reid

Thanks Stan it's frustratingly hard to find much online. Esp. when it comes to MSM.

My God there are so many!

My SO of 6 years has been driving OTR for two years now. We don't have a CB and, (from what he heard in his trainers truck) he said I wouldn't care to hear what's being said (when I suggested a CB may be fun).

Daily, I walk to and from the truckstop with little or no fear. There are times I feel uneasy (if my SO is inside watching a game on television and I am in the truck and have to walk inside to use the bathroom and it's dark for example) but for the most part, the truckers seem very polite and respectful.

From what I am reading there is another subculture out here. I just haven't seen it. Truck stops apparently have changed a great deal for the better in the last decade or two.

There have been a handful of times that a "lot lizard" knocked on our truck. We'd laugh about it, but I always wondered why they took such risks. I mean what better way to get snatched and killed is there?

Some may remind me that I took alot of chances when I was an adult entertainer and they would be right. However there seems to be a special risk involved when you choose to climb into a strangers truck.

I am sad that life got so bad for these women that they felt that they had no other alternative. Or maybe, like me, (when I used to entertain strangers in an upscale hotel room or thier home) they felt a false sense of security. A feeling that they had their big girl panties on and could take care of themselves.

I am terrified to know that monsters really do exist and angry at a world who seems to care so little about these "throwaway" victims.

They deserve justice! RIP ladies.

The magazine article lists 8 victims:

Shirley Dean Taylor
    UF April 24 1981
    Marcia Mathews
    UF August 10 1987
    Anna Marie Patterson
    Kathryn Hill
    UF April 19 1990
    April Barnett

Stan Reid

Trucker Alvin Wilson possible suspect in three of six Ohio murders.

http://www.columbuslibrary.org/cmlcn...IN%20F&stype=O

Throw him in the growing pile of SHYT!

How in the world do we begin to try to figure this out? I think we need a forum with separate threads to discuss each POI and each possible victim like on LISK and Jennings. I've asked Bessie. Just crossing my fingers for that and a renewed interest in these murders.

The magazine article lists 8 victims:

Shirley Dean Taylor
    UF April 24 1981
    Marcia Mathews
    UF August 10 1987
    Anna Marie Patterson
    Kathryn Hill
    UF April 19 1990
    April Barnett
    Hey Stan thanks, which article did you get that from? Crimebeat?

Yes, that's the one.

Stan Reid

Here is some info on Marcia Mathews. Which unfortuately is too small for my eyes. Highlightlighting of details would be much appreciated by anyone so inclined.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?ni...g=5900,7506894

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast