7-Year-Old Accused Of Possible Sexual Harassment For Kicking Bully In Groin

TrackerSam

Reaction score
BOSTON (CBS) – A 7-year-old boy is being investigated by his South Boston elementary school for possible sexual harassment after kicking another boy in the crotch.

The first grader’s mother, Tasha Lynch, says she was shocked by the school’s decision.

“He’s 7 years old. He doesn’t know anything about sexual harassment,” she said.

Lynch’s son, Mark Curran, said the boy that he kicked had been bullying him on the school bus ride home from Tynan Elementary last week.

“He just all of a sudden came up to him, choked him. He wanted to take his gloves, and my son said, ‘I couldn’t breathe, so I kicked him in the testicles,’” said his mother.

Lynch described a phone call she received from the school explaining that the case will be treated like sexual harassment, due to what it considers inappropriate touching.

“‘Your son kicked a little boy in the testicles. We call that sexual harassment,’” Lynch said the school told her.

:waitasec: I call that self defense.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2011/12/...e-sexual-harassment-for-kicking-boy-in-groin/

I wonder if they call choking "attempted murder!" I might if I were the "testicle kickers" mom. kwim

The only question I have is:

Would the child have kicked the bully if the bully had not been bullying him?

Seems pretty cut and dried to me.

Once when my kid poked another kid with a pencil they called me up and said that he had stabbed another child with a pencil. I came racing to the school in a panic because I was picturing a bloody wound. When I saw the "wound" it was non existent. The only reason they knew where it was was because they put a bandaid over it and that's the "spot" there wasn't even a pencil mark on the kid.

Pencil stab wounds can be horrible for children not to mention the fear of lead poisoning etc. I was very upset with my son who was five. He said the kid was pushing him at the table and he accidentally hit him with his pencil.

So basically the kid was hitting my son and jabbed the pencil with his hand. They tried to say he "assaulted the other child with a weapon." According to the school the pencil was a weapon.

I can understand their need for protection and zero tolerance etc. But they don't seem to ever get their stories right.

100% self defense!

BTW:
Pencils contain no lead.
They contain graphite.

You can not get lead poisoning from pencils.

That was over a decade ago. I know that now.

Everyday we get closer to full blown idiocracy...how do we expect kids to learn to be reasonable adults when current adults handle situations like this in such a manner?

"That's my purse! I don't know you!"

(I wonder how many of y'all know where this is from)

LMAO!!! I wonder if the kid had seen it.

I don't blame this mother 1 bit!

She's moving both of her kids to another school.
They will not go to school until the transfer is complete. Should take around 2 days.

He was defending himself!

Its funny how adults put a sexual spin on everything. That kid probably just kicked at someone who was hurting him. Its the adults with single track minds that had to label it with something sexual.

The update to the article states:

A 7-year-old boy accused of sexual harassment for kicking another student in the groin will be transferred to a new school in the city of Boston.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2011/12/...-sexual-harassment-transferred-to-new-school/

As a mother the first thing I would have done was tried to get to see the school bus's surveillance video. Most of the bus's anymore do have camera's.

Then if there was evidence of the child choking her son, then I would have insisted on LE being called....for investigation of attempted murder.

Then when it was all over with, I would have requested the school change and gone to the school board to make complaints against school adm. That way the school change could have been done without any negative complaints on the child's record.

To me the school's anymore try to operate without common sense. They seem to have taken the attitude that not only can a child not bully another child, if a child is being bullied, they aren't allowed to use force to defend themselves. If the school really wanted to settle this in the children's best interest, why didn't they bring both kids in before a counselor, talk to the them, try to bring them to some understanding of why what they each did was wrong, then either decide to separate them or keep an eye on them for a while.

This reminds me of something that happened to my niece when she was in third grade. A boy in 5th grade had grabbed her butt outside waiting to get on the buses to go home. She told him not to touch her. He then proceeded to grab her breasts and said "nice t*ts." My niece kicked him in the groin. Of course a teacher only witnessed my niece kicking the boy, but the other kids all said that the boy had been harrassing my niece (imo, sexually) and that she was protecting herself.

Maybe she should not have kicked him and her parents never excused her reaction (to her face). But the school had only wanted to punish my niece and not the boy for what had happened. They even said they could expell my niece and send her to ALC with a bunch of THUGS. My sister threatened to go to the school board and the local news if they only punished my niece for what, in her opinion, was something that both children should be punished for.

To make a long story short, they decided against punishing any of them... even though my niece was given a long talking to at home and silent cheers from her parents, grandmother and Aunts when she wasn't around.

I was proud of my niece. Even though I never did tell her until she just recently turned 17. :floorlaugh: The boy never did bother her again!

This is where zero tolerance has landed us. Instead of school administrators being allowed to use common sense, zero tolerance says there is only black and white. If not black then must be white, no gray, no room for common sense to dictate how each specific circumstance is handled.

This is also why a 3rd grader at my children's school was suspended for one week the other day. Why? Because there was a fork, spoon and knife (butter) in his backpack. The school immediately implemented a search of all backpacks, bookbags and desks in response to this major threat.

:shakehead:

This is where zero tolerance has landed us. Instead of school administrators being allowed to use common sense, zero tolerance says there is only black and white. If not black then must be white, no gray, no room for common sense to dictate how each specific circumstance is handled.

This is also why a 3rd grader at my children's school was suspended for one week the other day. Why? Because there was a fork, spoon and knife (butter) in his backpack. The school immediately implemented a search of all backpacks, bookbags and desks in response to this major threat.
:shakehead:

BBM

And if they did a check on that boy's homelife it is very possible that they would find the boy might be going hungry.

BBM

And if they did a check on that boy's homelife it is very possible that they would find the boy might be going hungry.

Entirely possible as my neighborhood is poor enough that the school district started feeding the entire school free lunches. It turned out only about 8% of the school population did not qualify for free lunches and it was easier simply to make the whole school lunch program free.

So if this kid is hungry, all this week he will be missing out on that free lunch.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back