CA CA - Juan V. Corona Convicted in 1971 of 25 Counts of Murder

fran

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Here's a little background on this guy. I recall when this story broke, here in California.

Horrifying,
fran

Juan Corona - The Machete Murderer

Juan Corona was a labor contractor who hired migrant workers for produce fields in California. In a murder spree lasting six weeks, he raped and murdered 25 men and buried their machete-hacked bodies in the orchards owned by local farmers.

full article at link ......................... http://crime.about.com/od/serial/p/corona.htm

The Corona case is the first serial killer-related story where I can remember live "breaking news!" features being used to interrupt scheduled evening programming nationally, as more bodies were discovered.

Man serving life for killing 25 farmworkers is up for parole

Serial killer Juan V. Corona, convicted in the 1970s of murdering 25 farmworkers, is scheduled for a parole hearing Monday, officials said.

Corona, 77, was accused of burying his victims' bodies in crude graves near Yuba City. Calif.

full article at link ...................... http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/12/man-who-killed-25-farmworkers-up-for-parole.html
I remember this one on the news when I was a kid then a few years later the Houston Mass Murders then Gacy at the end of the decade.

California Serial Killer Juan Corona Dies

3/4/2019

"Northern California serial killer Juan Corona, who murdered at least 25 men, is dead. Corona raped and stabbed his victims, and sometimes used a machete to hack the men’s heads. Corona died of natural causes in a hospital outside Corcoran State Prison, where he had been incarcerated since 1973. According to police, he picked single migrant worker men as his targets. The first body was found buried in a shallow grave in an orchard—25 more dead men were eventually found. All the victims were buried in and around orchards where Corona had been working. ...."

California Serial Killer Juan Corona Dies

21-victims.jpg

(known victims- some of the victims remain unidentified John Does.)

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee
Back