1098 users online (256 members and 842 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

can't scroll anymore

It appears when my mouse scrolls down it jams up and the board won't flow.

what is causing this someone? and how do i fix it? It makes it difficult to post.

thx
    goz

Sometime that happens to me and I'll just remove my mouse battery and put it back in.
    Everything works fine after that.
    "Life's splendor forever lies in wait about each one of us in all its fullness, but veiled from view, deep down, invisible, far off. It is there, though, not hostile, not reluctant, not deaf. If you summon it by the right word, by its right name, it will come."
    - Kafka
    "Know the right moment."

What I type here is mostly my opinion.
    I really don't care if my opinions offend.

Sounds like your browser is hung up trying to do something it can't complete. Do you have a bunch of tabs open? Try closing some. try clearing your cookies. Then click off the browser and click back on and see if that works.

ETA Evan's Mom's answer was better.

Goz...it has been doing it to me too.I am on a laptop and I do not use a mouse.I have to refesh my page a few times to get it to work.It's only here that it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Gozgals View Post

what is causing this someone? and how do i fix it? It makes it difficult to post.

thx
    goz
    nothing suggested above works for me.

it only happens here, so i dunno...

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticFringe View Post
    Goz...it has been doing it to me too.I am on a laptop and I do not use a mouse.I have to refesh my page a few times to get it to work.It's only here that it happens.

I will try some of these things. My windows are shut as stated above, and I did the mouse thing.

It only happens here to me too. I do not know why. I thought maybe the program was tooooo big for my computer. I don't know but it makes it difficult to get anything done here.

Thanks all, and thanks LunaticF.

Let's keep working on this

Goz

I don't understand why some of us are having these problems and not everyone. And it appears these problems only happen on WS. Hopefully this is being looked into...

The forum has been running slowly the past few days. I've had others tell me about it and I've found it loading slowly as well. Last night it went down altogether.

Please know that it is being looking into.

LOL Kimster,

I thought it was me operating my PC wrong.(because I do sometimes) Plus my laptop has been dropped 5000 times (4 kids use it) and gotten more then it share of viruses (kids again) I was so mad I set my pc down an walked away swearing to get a new one or at least reformat it AGAIN.

It never even crossed my mind ,that WS could be having issues!!
    Some sleuth I am !

For about 3 weeks the pages have been hanging or loading extra slow. I had many pop ups from Norton today saying they blocked an attact and it's only here. Until the 3rd party ad at top finishes, the page won't load for me either. I refresh and refresh as sometimes it won't load at all. I'm not saying by any means I got something from here. btw

I do have a virus/malware per Norton who I have a paid subscription for and have it on 3 computers at my house. The virus/malware has imitated another process on my system and it causes my CPU to go over 100% and shut down. I was livid with Norton when they said well, you are going to have to pay $99.99 for our techs to remove it while you sit back and watch from my chair...how nice of them. grrr

I am a faithful vp updater for years and run mine every night, I use Malwarebytes and Norton and both will pass the scan. Again, that's because the virus/mw names itself a process on my operating system and Norton thinks it's all fine. Believe me, I've tried almost everything. ie svchost, iexplorer and on.

I've learned this by logging over 12 hours on the phone or chatting with Norton not to mention my computer guru days for 10 years (long ago).

I would have posted in the virus thread started but it was closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Know? View Post
    For about 3 weeks the pages have been hanging or loading extra slow. I had many pop ups from Norton today saying they blocked an attact and it's only here. Until the 3rd party ad at top finishes, the page won't load for me either. I refresh and refresh as sometimes it won't load at all. I'm not saying by any means I got something from here. btw

I do have a virus/malware per Norton who I have a paid subscription for and have it on 3 computers at my house. The virus/malware has imitated another process on my system and it causes my CPU to go over 100% and shut down. I was livid with Norton when they said well, you are going to have to pay $99.99 for our techs to remove it while you sit back and watch from my chair...how nice of them. grrr

I am a faithful vp updater for years and run mine every night, I use Malwarebytes and Norton and both will pass the scan. Again, that's because the virus/mw names itself a process on my operating system and Norton thinks it's all fine. Believe me, I've tried almost everything. ie svchost, iexplorer and on.

I've learned this by logging over 12 hours on the phone or chatting with Norton not to mention my computer guru days for 10 years (long ago).

I would have posted in the virus thread started but it was closed.
    Well this has just started on my brand new laptop and I've been assured by my techies that I am super protected. So...the question remains...how come this is happening?

Last edited by KateB; 04-04-2015 at 03:26 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

thx
    goz
    How do we fix this or when is this going to be fixed please?

I find on this forum site I have to clear my cache more often than not in order to scroll. Usually I will navigate away from this site to one I know has lower traffic, clear cache then return, if that doesn't work, close your browser window waited a couple minutes and then return after clearing the cache again. I hope this helps. BTW, my mouse hates me!
    Anything worth dewing, is worth dewing well!
    Proud parent of 3 rescued schnauzers

I will try some of these things. My windows are shut as stated above, and I did the mouse thing.

It only happens here to me too. I do not know why. I thought maybe the program was tooooo big for my computer. I don't know but it makes it difficult to get anything done here.

Thanks all, and thanks LunaticF.

Let's keep working on this

Goz
    When it happens with the mouse, try using the up and down keys on your keyboard so you can try to isolate the problem. If the keys still work I would look to the mouse as the problem.
    "Life is life's greatest gift. Guard the life of another creature as you would your own because it is your own. On life's scale of values, the smallest is no less precious to the creature who owns it than the largest..." Lloyd Biggle, Jr.

Let's bring Michelle Parker home: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ichelle+parker

All statements made by me are based on my opinion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast