Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: MI - AMBER ALERT: Bianca Lilly Jones, 2, Detroit, 2 Dec 2011 - #2

Cubby is offline 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    Quote Originally Posted by LindaG View Post
    Does anyone know if there are state provisions for financial aid for fathers who have been trying to get their life back on track for eight years?

The for eight years thing is odd. He spent two years incarcerated AFTER he had several children and did not take the opportunity to educate himself during that time?

Something tells me everything this man does is reactive rather than proactive.

I pray Bianca is found soon.

I wonder if D'Andre gave LE the correct route he drove that morning. If he is 'innocent' as he proclaims, he should have NO problem going over that route.

Interesting he wasn't anxious to provide that info on NG or in any of the interviews that I am aware of. Without working computer speakers, I may have missed it.

LE needs the route he traveled that morning. I think she'll be found along that route. And..
    I would not be surprised to find she is found with evidence of being badly beaten.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Websleuths Resource Center

Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by not_my_kids View Post
    I wonder if the college uses the FAFSA...a lot of schools do now, it's the only program that many will use to determine financial aid. You cannot apply for loans through FAFSA with any drug possession or felony charge.

He could get private loans, but that would require him to have a decent credit score, and that doesn't happen when you're poor, usually.

One of the only ways to beat this is to provide a certain number or a certain time period worth of clean drug screens and no further problems with the law.

I went and checked my paperwork.

ETA: He might not have had to print any financial aid paperwork from home. The paperwork that he needed might have related to his convictions, sentencings, and criminal record since. Those are the things that a financial aid officer would have had to see in order to determine if he was eligible for any type of financial aid at all.
    I am in college too, and am wondering what papers he would have to present. I my case, everything has been online. I only had to bring in a tax form to be copied.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LindaG For This Useful Post:

We really don't know that he went there to check on anything....says he forgot his briefcase....so didn't go in. Maybe he was just scoping out the place to see if it was a good place to put a body....
    IMO

6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Amster For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by not_my_kids View Post
    I think if nothing else DL has shown that his logic is flawed. first, by admitting that he used a paddle on a two year old. That likely will bring CPS involvement, since the MI statute for spanking is to srtike the child lightly, with only an open hand, on the buttocks only, and the contact can not leave a mark of any type. He admitted to paddling her with an object, which is illegal.

Also, let's look at the thought process here: You want your very young child, who is still of a perfectly acceptable age to still be in diapers, to start potty training, so when she has an accident, you hit her on the butt with a paddle, which will only serve to hurt her butt and make her less likely to want to sit on it to use the potty. Brilliant. Really showing that community college education there, and setting yourself up for a wonderful future in teaching or social work, or whatever other profession you come up with off the top of your head that makes you sound like a genuinely good person.
    bolded by me.

I agree with everything you say!
    I'd be afraid to have this guy teach my kids (if I had any). What wisdom on earth does he have to pass along to the next generation?

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Columbo For This Useful Post:

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Quote Originally Posted by rosepetal1065 View Post
    Honestly,
    I stood and applauded after NG tonight..she was on that dude and his atty..like a cheap suit and shoes 2 sizes too small. I have never seen an interview like that....where someone who deserved a reeming actually got one. The last time I heard someone speak like DL was Scott Peterson..with his voice all "constricted"..and down in his throat.
    DL was worse..with all the guilt..he sounded like a goat sitting on a washing machine....I thought he was going to pass out.
    Interview for DL=epic fail..for the public it was very informative..
    Anyone else see a pattern here..I'm starting to believe, anyone squawking about LE treating them unfairly..usually has some sort of criminal record..(IMO)
    I'm usually pizzed at Nancy Grace for interrupting her guests or panel, but last night I was yelling at Terry Johnson to STFU!!!

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PlainJaneDoe View Post
    With all due respect, that is not the unbelievable part of this story. But I wish it was. Maybe I'm super-sensitive to this because I don't have or want children, but parents drag their kids to all kinds of places that are ridiculously inappropriate and act surprised that they, omg, act like children!

Don't mean to be rude or offensive to anyone. I believe that if you are a parent and you're here advocating for children, you're not the kind of "parent" that I'm complaining about.
    Maybe since you don't have children, it's harder for you to realize that small children need to be taken places like that to be socialized properly, and learn how to behave.

It's not that clear what he was doing there - was he just asking very brief questions, picking up forms, etc? In that case, it's great to have a toddler with him - kids absolutely need the stimulation of meeting strangers and being in different environments. I would think a financial aid office would be used to parents with young children coming in -

Plus, outings are fun for parents and little kids. Gives him a chance for some one on one time with her, without his girlfriend and the child's sister.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JeannaT For This Useful Post:

rosepetal1065 is offline Ive got splinters..in the windmills of my mind......
    Quote Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes View Post
    I'm usually pizzed at Nancy Grace for interrupting her guests or panel, but last night I was yelling at Terry Johnson to STFU!!!
    Me too. I took a loooong break, from her because of it. But I got a tweet from HLN about the show last night and I'm glad I caught it.
    Providing domestic support and love to LE for 18.5 yrs and counting..

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rosepetal1065 For This Useful Post:

Sorry if this has already been mentioned--I just started following this case and haven't read all of the first thread--but does anyone else think that the sketch of the alleged perp looks like DL, if he was wearing a baseball cap pulled down over his eyes? Maybe I'm offbase, but it seems as if sometimes guilty parties describe themselves to the sketch artist without realizing it.

16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Columbo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Guinevere View Post
    I'm sure that Wayne would use FAFSA,every other local college here does. I 'm familiar with the process as I was a FAFSA college student for a time years back.
    I'm a FAFSA student, as well, and I know at the beginning there is a place to find the number of your school and it indicates all schools using FAFSA. If I recall, FAFSA is not ONE particular source of aid, but is information used to find which financial aid program the applicant qualifies for.

I fill out my FAFSA each year and they come back and tell me which programs (loans, grants, etc.) will cover.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LindaG For This Useful Post:

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Quote Originally Posted by Columbo View Post
    Sorry if this has already been mentioned--I just started following this case and haven't read all of the first thread--but does anyone else think that the sketch of the alleged perp looks like DL, if he was wearing a baseball cap pulled down over his eyes? Maybe I'm offbase, but it seems as if sometimes guilty parties describe themselves to the sketch artist without realizing it.
    Several of us have commented on this, so you're not alone in your thinking. Nancy Grace referred to the sketch as "a generic black man".

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:

I was thinking the same thing last night when they showed it!
    Unwritten--I'm undefined... I'm just beginning, the pen's in my hand, ending unplanned..."

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Guinevere For This Useful Post:

Several of us have commented on this, so you're not alone in your thinking. Nancy Grace referred to the sketch as "a generic black man".
    And I agree with that.

When you consider that there is a chance this DID happen - and if it did, that's what the carjacker would most likely look like in that part of Detroit.

It wouldn't be an old black man, or a black boy, or a white woman or a white man in that neighborhood.

That's what the carjacker, if there was one, would look like.

And to me, he really doesn't look that much like Lane. What defines Lane are his large eyes and very wide and distinctive eyebrows, IMHO.

Gotta add this. It's OT, but kind of related to the subject of him looking like the composite.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/luckistarz/n...ted-rapist-88q

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JeannaT For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JeannaT View Post
    Maybe since you don't have children, it's harder for you to realize that small children need to be taken places like that to be socialized properly, and learn how to behave.

It's not that clear what he was doing there - was he just asking very brief questions, picking up forms, etc? In that case, it's great to have a toddler with him - kids absolutely need the stimulation of meeting strangers and being in different environments. I would think a financial aid office would be used to parents with young children coming in -

Plus, outings are fun for parents and little kids. Gives him a chance for some one on one time with her, without his girlfriend and the child's sister.
    BBM...I hope you are right about this. I think that someone above mentioned that its not always easy with 2 kids so close in age, so maybe the time with just Bianca was part of the getting acquainted.

As you said too, it's not even clear what the errand entailed. I was picturing a longer meeting, again based on my memories of financial aid counseling in college.

Why am I so undecided about this guy?! Geez. I think Cubby hit the nail on the head with the "reactive rather than proactive."
    Last edited by PlainJaneDoe; 12-07-2011 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Read Cubby's quote.
    Kindness is magic. (Derek)

@JaneDoe25 (Twitter)

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PlainJaneDoe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    Reports that authorities were searching the downtown Detroit campus of Wayne County Community College District because Lane and Bianca were spotted on surveillance cameras was true, Johnson said.

Lane was at the school to file for financial aid, he said.

http://www.freep.com/article/2011120...-my-baby-home-
    That's what is confusing me. Johnson ( Dad's defense attn correct?) says that they were spotted on surveillance...

Dad says on NG last night (thanks bette for the link, it's upthread everyone^)

GRACE: OK. So you want to be a teacher. Mr. Lane, did you take Bianca into the building when you checked on your tuition?

LANE: No, I did not. I never entered the building. As I told police -- I gave them a full disclosure of all the events that took place up until the carjacking. They have this information.

GRACE: OK. OK, I couldn`t understand what you said. I think you said you did not take her into the building to check on tuition because you yourself did not go into the building, is that right?

LANE: Yes. We did not enter the building.
    So I'm guessing that surveillance captured him in the drivers seat and her in her infant seat clearly? Or that they got out of the car, walked toward the bldg and then turned around and left?

I hope LE says whether or not they find this tape. That could change my mind. JMHO.

28. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:

Me too. I took a loooong break, from her because of it. But I got a tweet from HLN about the show last night and I'm glad I caught it.
    NG was great in her coverage of this case last night! Sometimes I get irritated by her but she was really on top of this. Asked all the right questions and proceeded in just the right way.

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Columbo For This Useful Post:

But this particular child did not even respond to her own name--she responded to "Bacon" but didn't seem to know her own name (per a previous post which I am assuming was correct). I wonder if a child like that would be ready for a situation like a financial aid office? Not her fault, I just doubt she was properly socialized to begin with. She appears to be such a bright little child,and sounds like it by all the descriptions, but her aptitude has to be nourished in a supportive environment. I just don't see how a felon could provide that.

I don't have children so maybe I have no right to say. I used to babysit a lot, so I'm not unfamiliar with kids.

I also can't get over my negative feelings about DL, which makes me think that an outing with him would not be fun for the child....

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Columbo For This Useful Post:

They even split the screen with another infamous generic black man sketch....the Susan Smith*cough..cough* carjacking/child stealing dude.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rosepetal1065 For This Useful Post:

WDIV news at noon coming up. For those who can't watch, here's the livestream link:

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/-...h/-/index.html

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:

But this particular child did not even respond to her own name--she responded to "Bacon" but didn't seem to know her own name (per a previous post which I am assuming was correct). I wonder if a child like that would be ready for a situation like a financial aid office? Not her fault, I just doubt she was properly socialized to begin with.

I don't have children so maybe I have no right to say. I used to babysit a lot, so I'm not unfamiliar with kids.

I also can't get over my negative feelings about DL, which makes me think that an outing with him would not be fun for the child....
    Unless their were lots of people around...then he would be a model/say the right things/do the right things type of guy. *rolleyes*

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rosepetal1065 For This Useful Post:

Cubby is offline 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    If Bianca was OK (and needed to be hidden for time to heal) and her mom had agreed to let her stay with her dad for a month, there would be no need to make up this carjacking story.

JMO
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

40. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:

Unless their were lots of people around...then he would be a model/say the right things/do the right things type of guy. *rolleyes*

IMO he does that, but it's all lipservice without any substance of action behind the words.

JMO
    ~JMO~

42. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    From Patty's channel. I'm rewatching because I missed it. Patty had some technical difficulties but she uploaded it thank goodness!

She uploaded in three parts:

Part one:
    Sierra1947's Channel - YouTube
    Father and his lawyer on NG.

Part two:

Part three:

I am currently watching part one and have not watched the other two as of yet. If you don't want to watch the entire episodes it looks like Dad starts at about 7:58ish in part one.
    This episode got so many rave reviews on this forum that I am overcoming my natural wariness of NG and giving it a shot. Thanks for posting! We will see how much I get through before I have to get my butt back to work. :P
    Kindness is magic. (Derek)

@JaneDoe25 (Twitter)

44. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PlainJaneDoe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    If Bianca was OK (and needed to be hidden for time to heal) and her mom had agreed to let her stay with her dad for a month, there would be no need to make up this carjacking story.

JMO
    You are correct and it's not looking good.. for the wee one

46. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rosepetal1065 For This Useful Post:

And I agree with that.

When you consider that there is a chance this DID happen - and if it did, that's what the carjacker would most likely look like in that part of Detroit.

It wouldn't be an old black man, or a black boy, or a white woman or a white man in that neighborhood.

That's what the carjacker, if there was one, would look like.

And to me, he really doesn't look that much like Lane. What defines Lane are his large eyes and very wide and distinctive eyebrows, IMHO.

Gotta add this. It's OT, but kind of related to the subject of him looking like the composite.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/luckistarz/n...ted-rapist-88q
    bolded by me.

I agree, he does have very distinctive eyebrows and large eyes. In the sketch, I think the baseball cap is covers the eyebrows (and eyes?), so you can't tell what they look like. How convenient for him to skip those features...

48. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Columbo For This Useful Post:

Channel 4 report: Detroit firefighters now joining search. Playing clips from NG last night. New search area today. Moving closer to Dad's house. Some of the firefighters searched for the Skelton brothers in Morenci, MI. DPD continues to receive tips.

50. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:

Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast