971 users online (189 members and 782 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NASA finds Earths Twin?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...ticle-1.987369

The planet is smack in the middle of what astronomers call the Goldilocks zone, that hard to find place that's not too hot, not too cold, where water, which is essential for life, doesn't freeze or boil. And it has a shopping mall-like surface temperature of near 72 degrees, scientists say.

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

Where can I sign up?

Quote Originally Posted by LaWanda View Post
    Where can I sign up?

Thanks Linda going to share that link with my kids

Now that NASA is going to become a corporation or privatized this may be someplace for them to start their exploration. It will be interesting to see what is inside, this planet. Maybe they can build a floating city? The possibilities can be endless. To think there will be a generation that will explore space just as Christopher Columbus, Luis and Clark, Ponce de Leon ect. explored Earth. Before I get a lot of questions on how I know NASA will become privatized here is an article. It was bound to happen when the government had control over the airlines, planes were used for war and it was a big cost to the US as soon as it became privatized it became a billion dollar industry.The same will happen with NASA.

http://www.npr.org/2011/01/28/133308...e-space-travel
    It's almost been a year since we did our last show.Jay Bush my partner has been auditioning for the show Shark Tank and so this has put the show on hold. If he gets on Shark Tank, we will be terribly delayed. Good luck Jay. Either way we will one day continue the show and have the coolest global independent radio station out there. This is just a small video we did with one of our artists.Waiting for One and their tune 35 years. Check it out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7Go80y20fA
    We hope to be doing a radio show with all our artists real soon. Hope you can join in the fun. Please bare with us while we improve the show especially the sound.
    Laserdog Enterprises would like to bring you our version of a Tribute to the Angels of Newtown. Another school shooting in Georgia thankfully no children were hurt.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axOGOBT77Xs

Please take a few moments and visit the missing children site. We really need you.
    Click on the link to find a missing child,teen or adult.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...eCountry=en_US

Suggested names for the planet

Aquaworld
    Faux Earth
    Waterworld
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew View Post
    Suggested names for the planet

Aquaworld
    Faux Earth
    Waterworld

If we name it Waterworld can we send Mel Gibson there?

Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    If we name it Waterworld can we send Mel Gibson there?
    Um, I don't think Kevin Costner appreciates the confusion.

Gibson was "Mad Max", which took place in post-apocalyptic Australia.

Kevin Costner starred in Waterworld. I'm sure he wishes he had played Mad Max.

Quote Originally Posted by legalmania View Post
    Now that NASA is going to become a corporation or privatized this may be someplace for them to start their exploration. It will be interesting to see what is inside, this planet. Maybe they can build a floating city? The possibilities can be endless. To think there will be a generation that will explore space just as Christopher Columbus, Luis and Clark, Ponce de Leon ect. explored Earth. Before I get a lot of questions on how I know NASA will become privatized here is an article. It was bound to happen when the government had control over the airlines, planes were used for war and it was a big cost to the US as soon as it became privatized it became a billion dollar industry.The same will happen with NASA.

http://www.npr.org/2011/01/28/133308...e-space-travel
    Well, since it takes 22 MILLION years to get to the newly discovered water world, who's to say we'll even have capitalism, much less a privatized NASA by the time any member of homo sapiens gets there?

And just for the record, the FAA still regulates the airlines, though not as closely as it did 30 years ago. And though military R&D certainly paid for a great deal of airplane development (just as it continues to do), the very first planes were built by private citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    Well, since it takes 22 MILLION years to get to the newly discovered water world, who's to say we'll even have capitalism, much less a privatized NASA by the time any member of homo sapiens gets there?

And just for the record, the FAA still regulates the airlines, though not as closely as it did 30 years ago. And though military R&D certainly paid for a great deal of airplane development (just as it continues to do), the very first planes were built by private citizens.
    Oh you're forgetting warp speed which will make time fly.
    It's almost been a year since we did our last show.Jay Bush my partner has been auditioning for the show Shark Tank and so this has put the show on hold. If he gets on Shark Tank, we will be terribly delayed. Good luck Jay. Either way we will one day continue the show and have the coolest global independent radio station out there. This is just a small video we did with one of our artists.Waiting for One and their tune 35 years. Check it out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7Go80y20fA
    We hope to be doing a radio show with all our artists real soon. Hope you can join in the fun. Please bare with us while we improve the show especially the sound.
    Laserdog Enterprises would like to bring you our version of a Tribute to the Angels of Newtown. Another school shooting in Georgia thankfully no children were hurt.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axOGOBT77Xs

Please take a few moments and visit the missing children site. We really need you.
    Click on the link to find a missing child,teen or adult.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...eCountry=en_US

essies is offline "We're all just walking each other home." Ram Dass
    Quote Originally Posted by legalmania View Post
    Oh you're forgetting warp speed which will make time fly.
    Or Wormholes!!

Wormhole - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Last edited by KateB; 06-16-2015 at 06:51 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

"It's time to tell the story of a little girl named Caylee" Linda Drane Burdick
    The future has many names: for the fearful it's the unknown, for the reckless it's the adventure, for the pessimists it's the unattainable. For the brave, it is opportunity.

Um, I don't think Kevin Costner appreciates the confusion.

Gibson was "Mad Max", which took place in post-apocalyptic Australia.

Kevin Costner starred in Waterworld. I'm sure he wishes he had played Mad Max.

ahhhhhh. you're right! Sorry for the confusion! Can we send him off anyway? I REALLY don't care for Mel

Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    ahhhhhh. you're right! Sorry for the confusion! Can we send him off anyway? I REALLY don't care for Mel
    Nor do I (even though Road Warrior (or Mad Max 2) is one of my favorite films). I hope my correction came across as light-hearted, Linda. Looking at it now, I think I should have used more emoticons.

And in fact, the plots of Road Warrior and Waterworld aren't all that different. Reluctant hero, cute kid, struggle for control of dwindling supplies of gasoline, etc. Waterworld was basically a floating remake.

Nor do I (even though Road Warrior (or Mad Max 2) is one of my favorite films). I hope my correction came across as light-hearted, Linda. Looking at it now, I think I should have used more emoticons.

And in fact, the plots of Road Warrior and Waterworld aren't all that different. Reluctant hero, cute kid, struggle for control of dwindling supplies of gasoline, etc. Waterworld was basically a floating remake.

Your correction came across just fine. The smack in the head emoticon would have been appropriate

That's only if we're traveling at constant velocity at speeds comparable to Voyager. For a spacecraft constantly accelerating at 1G only 12 years would have elapsed (on the ship) by the time the astronauts reached Keppler 22b. Shame the relatives they'd have left behind would be long dead by then (~by some 600 years).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast