1488 users online (371 members and 1117 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Arrow Results are in on charred wood found during Susan Powell search

By nate carlisle

The Salt Lake Tribune
    First published 6 hours ago
    Updated 3 hours ago

West Valley City police on Tuesday said a laboratory has finished examining suspicious charred wood found during a desert search for Susan Cox Powell, but the department would not say whether the wood bears a connection to the missing woman.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/53...-wood.html.csp

http://grandmotherscouncil.org/
    My Facebook page; I am grateful for the fact that two people who joined had colonoscopies, discovered cancer and are on the way to healing through treatment. Colonoscopies save lives! [A 3rd person has just been added. 8/7]

www.facebook.com/WaitWhereAmIGoing
    https://www.tsu.co/JacieLin

I was just coming to post about this ! SO no discussion from LE on the results ? Things that make you go hmmmm .....
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

I was so excited when I saw the title to this thread! Dang it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    I know BUT there may be something. The last time they rattled joshie he and daddy went on GMA and daddy got popped. Keep your fingers crossed.

http://grandmotherscouncil.org/
    My Facebook page; I am grateful for the fact that two people who joined had colonoscopies, discovered cancer and are on the way to healing through treatment. Colonoscopies save lives! [A 3rd person has just been added. 8/7]

www.facebook.com/WaitWhereAmIGoing
    https://www.tsu.co/JacieLin

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    Here's are some theories;

It has nothing to do with Susan but the police suspect that Steven Powell is the one who disposed of the body and never told Josh where. They might think that by not saying anything Josh might be feeling the pressure of wondering if they did find her.

It is Susan's remains but the PD doesn't have enough evidence to charge JP with murder. IIRC, this search was nowhere near where JP said he was that night. So they are going to Steve in prison and offering him a plea deal if he will testify against JP and they aren't ready to say anything until that's finalized.

It is Susan's remains but they don't have enough to charge JP with anything yet and are keeping silent on what they found because they know that JP knows what they found and they want to see how he reacts. They are also poring over all the evidence with the DA to see if they can make a strong case against JP and hoping he'll say or do something stupid in the interim.

It also piques my curiousity that JP filed for custody of the kids two days ago. The day after this article; http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/53...-wood.html.csp about the findings coming back was first published.

JMO

Reread this thread, interesting now in view of current events.
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

If he used an axe on Susan, (as he did in the murder of his boys), maybe he burned it along with other evidence such as bloody clothes. When he dissappeared again at the beginning of the investigation, maybe he went back to retrieve the head of the axe, which would not burn.

Sorry to be so explicit, but I've wondered about the chop wounds on the boys. They were little; if he had hit them with an axe in the neck, it seems to me that the blow would nearly decapitate them, but it didn't even do enough damage to keep them from breathing in enough carbon monoxide to kill them. If he struck them with an axe head held in the palm of his hand, that could explain the nonfatal wounds.

Maybe the bits of wood recovered by LE were from part of the axe handle. MOO

LE could be trying to determine if gasoline was the only accelerant.

Quote Originally Posted by Isabelle View Post
    LE could be trying to determine if gasoline was the only accelerant.
    The charred wood that is being referenced here has to do with what was discovered at a possible campsite that was located during a search for Susan. This is not about the house he decided to turn into an inferno.

I wish they would offer more information on this now that he's given himself a life sentence in Hades.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacie Estes View Post
    By nate carlisle

The Salt Lake Tribune
    First published 6 hours ago
    Updated 3 hours ago

West Valley City police on Tuesday said a laboratory has finished examining suspicious charred wood found during a desert search for Susan Cox Powell, but the department would not say whether the wood bears a connection to the missing woman.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/53...-wood.html.csp
    Since JP is dead and all that has happened, I think they owe the public to tell what they found out. Just my opinion but I'm so angry and feel everyone at WS could have done a better job with this whole case.

Quote Originally Posted by TallCoolOne View Post
    The charred wood that is being referenced here has to do with what was discovered at a possible campsite that was located during a search for Susan. This is not about the house he decided to turn into an inferno.

I wish they would offer more information on this now that he's given himself a life sentence in Hades.
    I wonder, though......if that charred wood they found last year might have gasoline on it as an accelerant. They could certainly start seeing a pattern with him. And I wonder if he didn't use that same hatchet to chop the wood off the sled riders (if he used a sled to transport Susan's body over land) so he could burn the wood. That doesn't explain where the rest of the sled would be, though.

Quote Originally Posted by TGIRecovered View Post
    If he used an axe on Susan, (as he did in the murder of his boys), maybe he burned it along with other evidence such as bloody clothes. When he dissappeared again at the beginning of the investigation, maybe he went back to retrieve the head of the axe, which would not burn.

Sorry to be so explicit, but I've wondered about the chop wounds on the boys. They were little; if he had hit them with an axe in the neck, it seems to me that the blow would nearly decapitate them, but it didn't even do enough damage to keep them from breathing in enough carbon monoxide to kill them. If he struck them with an axe head held in the palm of his hand, that could explain the nonfatal wounds.

Did LE find an entire axe/hatchet next to the bodies or was it just the head? Did they say?

So the chop wounds were "little"? When I heard the axe blows (can anything be more horrifying??!!) didn't kill them I was wondering if that is because maybe JP was so despondent and weak or maybe he had taken some kind of drugs that would make him sedate.

The wood they found was just a small amount, too, wasn't it?

Zoe Bogart is offline Let's not ask for the Moon, we have the Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by TGIRecovered View Post

He didn't use an axe, he used a hatchet on the boys. It's much smaller than an axe and doesn't do as much damage. I have a hatchet that's used for camping. It's not as heavy as the axe we have in our tool shed.

They said they found the hatchet with the bodies. I don't recall if they said it was burned or not complete.
    My brain is copyright-protected.
    Please pardon any typos. I'm a lousy typist and an even worse proofreader.

Big Brother and the Thought Police have arrived
    1984 by George Orwell (1949)

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

September 2011 Articles RE: Evidence

These articles are from the time the evidence was first found - approximately 4 months before the 189th Street Court East Home explosion. Around the time of Steven Powell arrest. LE stated approximate 3 months for results of testing of the evidence discovered. {Charred wood, clothing and bone}
    Article from 16 SEPTEMBER 2011
    (CBS/KIRO/AP) JUAB COUNTY, Utah - A search in the Utah desert for missing woman Susan Powell took a strange turn Thursday when the site that authorities said contained human remains turned up no body parts, but a police lieutenant said he thought there was a "50/50" chance Powell's remains could be found there........
    But CBS affiliate KIRO reported that about 2 feet of dirt had been excavated and no bones were found. Police did not say why they earlier stated that they had found human remains when none had actually been found......
    Because the site is on government land, a federal anthropologist was brought in to examine the site Thursday to see if it was part of an ancient burial ground. ...

Different article 29 SEPTEMBER 2011

SALT LAKE CITY (ABC 4 News) – West Valley City has spent more than $500 thousand dollars on the Susan Powell case, but Mayor Mike Winder says it’s paying off. "We feel that we are getting to that tipping point where we have more hot evidence than we have had in the past two years."
    Mayor Mike Winder says that includes trailers full of evidence from both the Powell residence in Washington and the most resent search of the Topaz mountain area. "We have bones, we have charred clothing, we have charred wood, with what the cadaver dogs are excited about, and that we are doing DNA analysis on."

First Article
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...41-504083.html
    Second Article
    http://www.abc4.com/content/news/top...3n678Qesw.cspx
    Last edited by DevilsPlayThing; 02-10-2012 at 07:15 PM.
    ~Human Beings Are All Members Of One Body.
    They Are Created From The Same Essence.
    When One Member Is In Pain,
    The Others Cannot Rest.
    If You Do Not Care About The Pain Of Others,
    You Do Not Deserve To Be Called A Human Being.~

A Quote From 13th Century Famous Persian Poet Saadi Shirazi

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic72981_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Bogart View Post
    He didn't use an axe, he used a hatchet on the boys. It's much smaller than an axe and doesn't do as much damage. I have a hatchet that's used for camping. It's not as heavy as the axe we have in our tool shed.

They said they found the hatchet with the bodies. I don't recall if they said it was burned or not complete.
    I suspect a hatchet as well however on HLN they first described it as a hatcher or small axe. This may be where some confusion started. MOO
    Anything worth dewing, is worth dewing well!
    Proud parent of 3 rescued schnauzers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast