635 users online (56 members and 579 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 66 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Clem Snide View Post
    I read somewhere that the video records over itself every few weeks or so and by the time anyone thought to look at it, the footage of that night had been copied over.

I've also heard that the Doc has some sort of involvement with the recording equipment and (some suspect) destroyed the evidence.

The issue of the video being copied over was somewhere in an article I read, but I'm having trouble tracking it down. Can anyone vouch for me on this?
    According to this story the tape is taped over every 24 hours but it is backed up on a hard drive http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/04/...investigation/

Although the videotapes are taped over every 24 hours, the videos are also stored on a hard drive.

Journey to Middle Earth. Lord of the Rings.
    News12 Long Island says a huge truck - that can go thru the marsh land
    arrived at 6:30am today.

http://www.news12.com/articleDetail....news_type=news

May they find Shannan today - please.

e

Quote Originally Posted by To Kill a Mockingbird View Post
    News12 Long Island says a huge truck - that can go thru the marsh land
    arrived at 6:30am today.

May they find Shannan today - please.
    I think the truck is for excavating a large area where they know the remains are buried. If they were still looking for the spot, they wouldn't risk running it over with a giant truck. They need the ground around the evidence untouched so they can try and find some evidence linking CPH to the body.

queue the bull dozer...

Quote Originally Posted by truthspider View Post
    I think the truck is for excavating a large area where they know the remains are buried. If they were still looking for the spot, they wouldn't risk running it over with a giant truck. They need the ground around the evidence untouched so they can try and find some evidence linking CPH to the body.

queue the bull dozer...
    They probably should build a temporary wall or bulkhead around the suspected area and then pump the water out. Leave any evidence intact. Not sure if that's possible.

why didnt they search that area a year ago?
    the good inspector said that hurricane irene may have unearthed and dislodged somethings - buried in the earth.

they had equipment to dig there a year ago
    why didnt they UNEARTH and UNLODGE what is buried there A YEAR AGO????????
    WHT!!!!!!!

the good inspector said that hurricane irene may have unearthed and dislodged somethings - buried in the earth.

WHT!!!!!!!
    If something was actually buried how would they know where to dig? They can't exactly dig up the whole island

(modsnip)

WHT!!!!!!!
    Maybe now they finally believe what people have been saying on the web since the spring. I'm not surprised it has taken this long for everybody to see things the way Fluke sees them. Something of a metamorphosis had to occur before they could see like him.
    Last edited by Kimster; 12-07-2011 at 05:27 PM.

Just wanted to post pg 4 of the 48 hours transcript which discusses CPH. There is also a link to the letters CPH wrote to 48 hours.

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-18559_16...in;contentBody

Is the area being searched adjacent to CPH's property?

TIA

wm
    ...and be sure your sin will find you out.

Numbers,32:23

Quote Originally Posted by waltzingmatilda View Post
    Just wanted to post pg 4 of the 48 hours transcript which discusses CPH. There is also a link to the letters CPH wrote to 48 hours.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-18559_16...in;contentBody
    Is the area being searched adjacent to CPH's property?
    TIA
    wm
    Yes. It is behind it(north).

Quote Originally Posted by Sistah Sleuth View Post
    No way I will believe she drowned in a mud puddle but I am confused. CPH I can see he is a viable suspect and imo the murderer. I can see the disconnection of Shannon from the other ten. I still cant see cph being the sk of all ten plus the four from AC. Some of the bodies were stored before being discarded. I dont see Jack <modsnip> being able to do all of that unless here is an sk partner. Your thoughts?
    A prosthetic leg doesn't hold you back from much physically, it is probably more of psychological impediment. He can do anything we can do, even if he accomplishes it differently. In high school a girl with no arms asked to borrow my lighter, I slowly held it out to her and she quickly snapped it up between her shoulder and chin, she never gave it back to me.

I think he is smarter than average and good at manipulating people. I think he manipulated people into helping him without those people knowing what they were aiding him with. <modsnip>. I don't think he ever had to physically overpower anyone, he is a manipulator and a deceiver more similar to Bernie Madoff than Jack the Ripper. He doesn't attack, he sets traps like a spider's web, a mockingbirds call, or a cantil snake's tail.
    Last edited by Salem; 12-07-2011 at 09:39 PM.

<modsnip> I'm now considering that SG possibly died of accidental death, such as drowning, while she ran from JB's house. From all accounts, she was having a drug or psychological episode, and running into a marsh is probably a pretty reasonable thing to do in such a state of mind.

If so, I'd like to reconsider the "Halfway House" call. I'm not sure if my theory has been mentioned before. Here's the theory:

After the police report was filed, Diaz or Pak (or both of them together) arranged for someone to call MG to say that SG was at a halfway house and left with her driver. Their motive would be to quash any investigation into themselves. I would think that Pak had a greater motivation to arrange for this call, since he was the last to see her alive and wouldn't want to be the target of any missing persons investigation. If Diaz were dealing drugs or pimping, he would also want to avoid being a target, which he admits he eventually was given the phone taps. They both had CPH's name, because they had his business card. The timing fits. This would seem to explain their insistence that CPH call the family, once in person, once via phone. If their goal was to divert police attention from themselves, they wildly succeeded.

I doubt that this particular question (did you or someone you know impersonate CPH to MG) would come up in a lie detector exam.
    Last edited by Salem; 12-07-2011 at 12:17 PM.

@inspector gadget - <modsnip>.

to quote mari gilbert - if shannan is found in a teaspoon of water - someone - the killer - put her in that marsh.

she did not drown in water deep enough to go up to your ankle.

<modsnip>. thank you for thinking out loud but shannan could not swim - she would Not go near water - she'd turn around..(if she could) and go another way.

mari said it herself on the news
    if she is found in a puddle - it is because the killer put her there.
    Last edited by Salem; 12-07-2011 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Everybody gets to have their own opinion, thanks.

She was not in the right frame of mind because she was fearful for her life.

she repeatedly said they were trying to kill her.

she was a smart girl and had a good head on her shoulders.
    She was not a druggie - drugged out girl. she was a smart smart savvy girl.

she was running for her life. She was frantic -
    Let's pray she gets found today and comes home to her family.

Please - be saying positive prayers all day long for her to get home to her family.

She was not in the right frame of mind because she was fearful for her life.

she repeatedly said they were trying to kill her.

she was a smart girl and had a good head on her shoulders.
    She was not a druggie - drugged out girl. she was a smart smart savvy girl.

she was running for her life. She was frantic -
    Let's pray she gets found today and comes home to her family.

Please - be saying positive prayers all day long for her to get home to her family.

She had a history of drug abuse. She also had a history of mental illness and not taking her medication.

So you believe that both JB and MP killed her?
    Last edited by dcgrumpy; 12-07-2011 at 11:22 AM.

but police have her on tape being pulled into a vehicle...

so, yes she could have slipped and fallen into the marsh...but common sense says otherwise.

and if she got away once again only to drown in the marsh, then who is the person in the truck?

what is the potential?

she is surrounded by criminal elements

Pak, Brewer, Drifter ( who we heard zip about on A&E , but supposedly)

Page 3 of 66 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast