GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The body of Jorelys Rivera was found Monday afternoon in a metal trash bin, the GBI said. Jorelys, who had been missing since Friday, had been severely beaten and sexually assaulted, according to Vernon Keenan, director of the GBI.

http://www.ajc.com/news/cherokee/police-find-body-of-1249642.html

A 7-year-old Canton girl whose body was discovered Monday died of blunt force trauma to the head and stab wounds, the GBI said Tuesday. Jorelys Rivera had also been sexually assaulted, GBI Director Vernon Keenan said at a news conference in Canton.

http://www.ajc.com/news/cherokee/canton-girl-died-of-1252353.html

Rest in Peace, Jorelys

jorelys_1206280c.jpg

Jorelys Rivera
August 20, 2004-December 2, 2011

REMEMBER - Jorelys' mother is a victim. There will be no blaming of the mother in this case. Anyone placing blame on the mother will recieve a TO.

If you have any questions about this, please pm a mod.

Thanks,

Salem

Boy that picture at the top of this thread breaks my heart.

IDK. I find it hard to believe that nobody "saw" anything, kids included. The only thing I can think of is somebody did see something but it has not yet been reported. Also one of the few things that would not seem out of place would be for someone to see a maintenance worker any place in the complex. I don't want to pile on these maintenance people, hopefully they are all innocent and helping out in the case.

what I meant, and sorry if I was evasive, was that this ((in my opinion only)) was someone Jorelys most likely knew just enough to 'give a drink' to. It has been reported earlier that she was the one who was always getting drinks and snacks...

remember that earlier report where it was stated that she went in for drinks but the teen went off and others got cold? so she walks out alone with drinks and no one is there perhaps to get them?

in walks bad guy who maybe has been biding his time. imhoo..

I struggle to think how else this could have happened in a vacant apartment and dumpster of the very same apartment complex... :twocents:

I think it was someone that had access to a lot of things there (imhoo and going off what we know now)

I've been trying to figure out how Jorelys intended to get the Cokes.... Would she have been given a key to her apartment and told to use it when she needed? This seems too advanced but the only other explanation is that the family left the apartment unlocked!

As for perps...this case is reminding me a little of the girl missing in Missouri was it? She rode her bike up and down the block and disappeared. Turned out some neighbor with kids of his own smothered her! I can't remember her name but it wasn't too long ago. That was in the middle of no where and even they weren't safe. Still why make it easy for the creeps? My opinion...

I've been trying to figure out how Jorelys intended to get the Cokes.... Would she have been given a key to her apartment and told to use it when she needed? This seems too advanced but the only other explanation is that the family left the apartment unlocked!

As for perps...this case is reminding me a little of the girl missing in Missouri was it? She rode her bike up and down the block and disappeared. Turned out some neighbor with kids of his own smothered her! I can't remember her name but it wasn't too long ago. That was in the middle of no where and even they weren't safe. Still why make it easy for the creeps? My opinion...

Breeann Rodriguez???

Bless her precious, little heart.

K.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/slain-girls-autopsy-results-be-released/nFt4Y/

Georgia Bureau of Investigation Director Vernon Keenan said authorities believe the killer lived in the apartment complex, though no suspects have been identified.

Keenan said Wednesday investigators found Jorelys' blood in a vacant apartment.

"This was a very calculated and planned crime," Keenan said at a Tuesday news conference.

Tenant James Gibson said he saw investigators in and out of one worker's apartment.

Not liking that wound was plural and some of the other injuries were not mentioned at this time :furious: Again praying she was unconscious right away and never felt any of the further insults to her poor little body :banghead:

Atlanta Channel 11 just reported on the 11pm News, there is a 3rd floor apt that LE was in last night and again today. A resident interviewed said the man who lived in this apt.. car was impounded. LE has gotten several search warrants (reporter didn't specify what search warrants were for).

Criminal Profiler said, the killer most likely has a criminal background...not necessarily murder.

Let's hope this perp is taken out of circulation TONIGHT! That picture just makes my heart melt - what a sweet little girl........

CBS46 local news...

- investigators have received lots of tips
- no arrests

WSBTV...

- found what they think is Jorelys blood in apartment, being tested, looking for DNA
- tips from frightened residents pouring in
- LE has received very valuable leads, search warrants, not ready to go into details
- DFACS had previous contact with family, reviewing case file to determine extent
- siblings in DFACS custody

WXIA...

- no one in custody
- now saying she died within 1 1/2 hours of abduction
- LE looking into promising leads
- served several search warrants
- 3rd floor apartment near front of complex, LE has been at that apartment since last night
- several hundred interviews conducted, asking for more tips
- family has been ruled out
- RSPs not considered suspect, investigated and cleared
- (showed apartment complex map) Jorelys lived in building #9 across from play ground, vacant apartment building #10 (saying that's where Jorelys went to get drinks?), vacant apartment in building #2 where LE believes she was killed, dumpster where she was found is next to building #2

I can only say, I cannot put all blame on the Mom. I have worked the graveyard, and the time my kids were older. When they were younger, their dad worked that shift. He would come home and get them off to school as I was getting ready for work. He then tried to sleep and asked them to be quiet when they got home.

My kids were older. She worked all night then came home to a 4 yo and a 1 yo. Babysitter probably went to school too, so her job was to keep them all occupied after school so mom could get some sleep. I really doubt she got much.

Little girl was probably more mature then a normal 7 yo as this was her life. That is why she took off to get the drinks.

Again, not trying to defend the Mom, but can see where her life was.

Sometimes these crimes happen even under the best of supervision. If they want a child victim they will find one. Same with the more minor crimes. If a perp wants property etc. they will find a way despite safeguards. It only takes seconds or minutes.

So is there a father in the picture here or was it just mom raising the children ? Was mom home or not when Jorley came for drinks ?
TIA,
Mystic

Atlanta Channel 11 just reported on the 11pm News, there is a 3rd floor apt that LE was in last night and again today. A resident interviewed said the man who lived in this apt.. car was impounded. LE has gotten several search warrants (reporter didn't specify what search warrants were for).

Criminal Profiler said, the killer most likely has a criminal background...not necessarily murder.

Let me see if I can report the news a little better. Channel 11 interviewed a tenant on his balcony. The reporter and tenant were looking at a 3rd floor apt across the way. The tenant said police were at the apt across the way all night last night and also today. The tenant said whomever lived in that apt and owned a car, that LE had impounded the car. Neither tenant or reporter said who lived in apt or what their employment was.

Did any of the apartment complexes childerens parents see a maint. worker or resident hanging around the playground on the weekends? I ask because child abusers sometimes befriend children so the children see them as buddies.

This terrible beating and killing of a poor little 7 year old is just so much to bare. This reminds me of Somer Thompson (killed on 10/19/09)and it took an agonizing 6 months to find the killer there and he still hasn't been tried. I feel so bad for Jorelys and Jorelys' family. She has 2 sisters. It's just heartbreaking. She was the oldest sister and her baby sister won't remember her. <modsnip>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth