1029 users online (220 members and 809 guests)  

Websleuths News

San Diego

Man who assaulted wife gets spousal support

Man who assaulted wife gets spousal support

VISTA — A Carlsbad woman whose ex-husband is in prison for sexually assaulting her in 2008 has been ordered to pay spousal support and $47,000 in attorney fees that her attacker accrued in their divorce.

Months before her husband was convicted, Crystal Harris, a stockbroker and mother of two, was required to pay $3,000 a month to Shawn Harris, a stay-at-home-father who was facing three felony charges in Vista Superior Court.

That amount was reduced to $1,000 a month because of the domestic violence allegations.

full article at link ............... http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2...ousal-support/[B]

An abuser will use the court to continue abuse. That is what this SOB did and the court allowed him to do it! @%#
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

333 Halfway to Hell
    The poor woman! I cannot fathom standing up for yourself against the attacker, husband or not, and being victimized again. No justice.
    JMO, MOO, Doing my best. I am not perfect and I don't expect you to be either.

Sickening. Reminds me of Betty Broderick and how her ex-husband used the court system against her. I would like to have believed things have changed greatly since then. Guess not.

Looks like they need to get busy with some legislation down in So Cal!