Man who assaulted wife gets spousal support

fran

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Man who assaulted wife gets spousal support

VISTA — A Carlsbad woman whose ex-husband is in prison for sexually assaulting her in 2008 has been ordered to pay spousal support and $47,000 in attorney fees that her attacker accrued in their divorce.

Months before her husband was convicted, Crystal Harris, a stockbroker and mother of two, was required to pay $3,000 a month to Shawn Harris, a stay-at-home-father who was facing three felony charges in Vista Superior Court.

That amount was reduced to $1,000 a month because of the domestic violence allegations.

full article at link ............... http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/dec/06/ex-mate-who-assaulted-wife-gets-spousal-support/

An abuser will use the court to continue abuse. That is what this SOB did and the court allowed him to do it! @%#

The poor woman! I cannot fathom standing up for yourself against the attacker, husband or not, and being victimized again. No justice.

Sickening. Reminds me of Betty Broderick and how her ex-husband used the court system against her. I would like to have believed things have changed greatly since then. Guess not.

Looks like they need to get busy with some legislation down in So Cal!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back