2012 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductees Announced

Dark Knight

Reaction score
NEW YORK (AP) — Welcome to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Guns N' Roses.

The seminal rock band of the late 1980s and early '90s, best known for hits like "Welcome to the Jungle," ''Sweet Child O' Mine" and "November Rain," leads the 2012 class of inductees announced on Wednesday. Also making the cut is the hip-hop trio Beastie Boys; rockers the Red Hot Chili Peppers; the late singer/songwriter Laura Nyro; Donovan; and influential British rock group The Small Faces/The Faces, which included Rod Stewart and Rolling Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood.

Other inductees include Freddie King for early influence; rock promoter Don Kirshner, who died earlier this year, receives the Ahmet Ertegun award; and Tom Dowd, Glyn Johns and Cosimo Matssa will be honored for musical excellence.

The Rock and Roll Hall of fame induction ceremony will be held in Cleveland, where the rock hall is based, on April 14.

http://news.yahoo.com/guns-n-roses-chili-peppers-rock-hall-073318605.html

Guns n' Roses :rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

ahhh.. Guns n Roses, always rocked out to their music..

and I can remember when my son was a toddler, he would rock out to them to lol

Love me some red hot chillie peppers to

Ah yes, The Small Faces.
I think I still have the Itchycoo Park 45 single hidden away in a cupboard somewhere.

'What will we do there? We'll get hi...i...i...igh
What will we touch there? We'll touch the sk..y..y..y
It's all too beautiful ... it's all too beautiful.'

(one little verse - pretty much sums up the 60's!)

It took this long to induct Donovan :eek: ???
I love Donovan. Good for Guns n Roses and Red Hot CPs. Beastie Boys not so much. boo. But I guess you do have to fight for your right to party.

Would be fun to go to. Do you ever watch these? You should. I find them on Netflix or Youtube etc. EVERYONE shows up and gets on stage and jams and there are some great performances.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back