Harry Morgan of M**advertiser censored*S*H Dies

Aw, that's sad, but it's something I've been expecting to read for years.:(

Unless I missed it, the article linked did not give his age. How old was he? He certainly had a long career (loved him in Dragnet and MASH).

Oh No!! One of the great ones. I loved his voice.

Last Updated: December 07. 2011 1:17PM.

'M-A-S-H' star Harry Morgan dies at age 96

Greg Risling/ Associated Press

Los Angeles— Emmy-winning character actor Harry Morgan, whose portrayal Col. Potter on television's "M-A-S-H" highlighted a long show-business career, has died. He was 96.

His daughter-in-law, Beth Morgan, says the actor died at his home in Brentwood after suffering from pneumonia...

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20111207...tar-Harry-Morgan-dies-at-age-96#ixzz1fsMtUYjk

Unless I missed it, the article linked did not give his age. How old was he? He certainly had a long career (loved him in Dragnet and MASH).

Morgan was 96.

One of my favorite performances by Harry (aka Henry) Morgan is his minor but very funny role in "Holiday Affair" that also stars Janet Leigh, Robert Mitchum, and Wendell Corey. The holiday film will be featured on TCM on Saturday, December 24 at 2:30PM.

I watched an old movie a few days ago, he was in it, and I tried to remember if he was still with us.

I remember seeing movies when he was still Henry Morgan, then later, Harry (Henry) Morgan, and ultimately, Harry Morgan.

He was in so much stuff. I used to watch him in December Bride back in the dark ages, and again in Pete and Gladys (same character as Dec Bride, but this time we actually saw his wife Gladys).

Of course, there was MASH, Dragnet, AfterMASH, and so many movies.

Ninety-six isn't bad at all. Not at all.

Oh noooooooo! :( One of my favorite actors of all time!

R.I.P. Colonel Potter of M**advertiser censored*S*H and Bill Gannon of Dragnet.

Oh so sad. I love his Henry Potter role in M.A.S.H.

He brings back so many memories...how my father loved M.A.S.H. It was one of the few shows we watched together when I was young. We were glued to the TV watching the final episode. My dear father died not too many years later. I'm glad we had that time. Thanks for the memories, Harry.

Brings back a lot of good memories....RIP Harry, I too so enjoyed you. Condolenses to the family:rose:

WOW! I'm surprised he was still living. The first I noticed him was when he popped into the December Bride series in the mid 1950s with his weekly dead pan pronouncements regarding his never seen wife, Alice. That routine was later spun off into a series called Pete and Alice where Cara Williams was finally shown portraying the spouse. A very funny man! RIP Harry:seeya:

He was a regular on 'December Bride' back in the 50s.

I just saw the M.A.S.H. episode when Henry Potter arrived and took over-- an homage, for sure, though I was unaware of his death.

RIP Harry-- and thank you for sharing your great talent, you leave us with absolutely wonderful gifts! :heartbeat:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74
Back